• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
I just hate the idea of spending time on characters with barely any ties to Nintendo when there are so many better options out there. How is Sora an exciting character to the hardcore Nintendo fanbase when none of the core KH games have been on a Nintendo system?

I feel the exact same way about Cloud. He was and is a trash-tier inclusion.
CoM and DDD were on Nintendo first

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Dude made a whole post predicting characters being in or AT"s with the phrase " So if we put the pieces together"

Then Zhuge right below that uses that same phrase to suggest that people are putting pieces together
So you're getting bummed over what you're speculating to be the meaning behind a vague post that might not even be related to the other post

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I just hate the idea of spending time on characters with barely any ties to Nintendo when there are so many better options out there. How is Sora an exciting character to the hardcore Nintendo fanbase when none of the core KH games have been on a Nintendo system?

Because you can play games on multiple systems.

Besides there's 4 KH games on Nintendo handhelds.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I feel the exact same way about Cloud. Trash-tier inclusion.
There's 4 games on Nintendo systems and the last major game for the series is Dream Drop Distance which was a 3DS exclusive for a time. Sora wouldn't even be the worst with it as people were celebrating the character who only had a remake and actual GB spinoffs for Nintendo presence and hasn't even been on Nintendo systems at all for over a decade.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Actually insane. I didn't expect this Smashes hype cycle to get like this.

Oh, you've seen nothing yet. I'm sure we'll go through 70 pages in 7 hours tomorrow, and then 100 pages in 40 minutes on Thursday.

These are the final moments of what could very well be the final hype cycle in Smash history for the Ultimate game.

Shit's gonna get crazy.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
the box theory is people too
clov you monster

Me tomorrow:

hlvwTNa.gif

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
If Dante is just an AT for some weird reason then yeah I'm fine with that.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
This thread takes some serious turns, and on a dime too. I took a nap and suddenly everyone is expecting Kencineroar +1.

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, you've seen nothing yet. I'm sure we'll go through 70 pages in 7 hours tomorrow, and then 100 pages in 40 minutes on Thursday.

These are the final moments of what could very well be the final hype cycle in Smash history for the Ultimate game.

Shit's gonna get crazy.
ERA's gonna be down for a bit Thursday, no matter what. Fires and panic regardless of outcome...though the number of bodies will vary heavily determined on outcome.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017

No, we're in the same holding pattern of insiders offering information. Era for some reason is just taking this harder than usual.

No, but every insider has come out against it.

It's dead.

Bit of a reach, but she could still be wrong.

Oh man, i really was hyped by Banjo & Kazooie + Mach Rider :(

Village

Oct 25, 2017
So you're getting bummed over what you're speculating to be the meaning behind a vague post that might not even be related to the other post
If it was anyone else I would disregard it

I'm a sonic fan I learned to disregard a LOT of people on the internet

Zhuge Though, or someone like emily

That's another thing. So yeah I'm bummed out. Major.

I would love to be proven silly and shadow's in.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has any insider besides Verge actually said Incineroar is in? Because it'd be hilarious if grinch is wrong but so is incineroar

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

Cloud is in because he's iconic to video game history. Same for Snake. Both those characters are tied to PlayStation and PlayStation history, that's true, but it doesn't erase their popularity. Both Cloud and Snake are video game history and two of the most popular characters, Nintendo or not. If Sora is in it, he's representing PlayStation history, sure, but he's more importantly representing Disney history in a video game. That's iconic in itself.

It's not just about Nintendo anymore. Hasn't been for awhile. Smash is more generally video game history at this point, not just Nintendo history. Just the fact that Pac-Man, Mario, Sonic, and Megaman are in a game together should tell that to you.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ERA's gonna be down for a bit Thursday, no matter what. Fires and panic regardless of outcome...though the number of bodies will vary heavily determined on outcome.

Yeah I'm not even gonna bother trying to post as reveals happen.

This site will be down in flames until the end of the direct.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

Shit's gonna get crazy.
Im guessing OT 16 or 17 by launch at this rate. The thread will slow down in a few weeks but it'll be strong.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
So why again do we believe any of these people know the whole roster? The same people who didn't know about KKR and Richter?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Dude made a whole post predicting characters being in or AT"s with the phrase " So if we put the pieces together"

Then Zhuge right below that uses that same phrase to suggest that people are putting pieces together
"Putting the pieces together" is a common idiom. There's no crazy hint at it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What if Sakurai wanted to include Mach Rider but didn't think she was popular, but now that everyone's talking about her he slide down the Smashpole into the Smash Cave so that he can design her as a DLC fighter.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So why again do we believe any of these people know the whole roster? The same people who didn't know about KKR and Richter?
Because they said they had sources that told them they would be in the game. They just didn't leak it because they had no reason to and didn't feel like they had to flex their leaker cred just to convince people a sketchy leak was fake a few months later.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017

I view Smash more as a celebration of everything video games just as much a celebration of everything Nintendo at this point. And I'm fine with that.

Nov 14, 2017
"And your final Smash character is...Incineroar"!
Boooooooooo!
"Here he comes making his way down the ramp. Wait, who is that behind. It's Banjo! By god, it's Banjo! What...he's...he's hitting Incineroar with Kazooie! He's pounding him! BY GOD, HE KILLED HIM! HE KILLED HIM! SOMEONE STOP THE DAMN DIRECT!"
you did it wrong

"And your final Smash character is...Incineroar"!
Boooooooooo!
"OHHHH MYYYYYYYYY. IT'S THE BIG DAWG, INCINEROAR. LISTEN TO THE SMASH BRUNIVERSE, THEY'RE ON THEIR FEET."
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo *boos mysteriously get softer and get replaced by what sounds like a hair dryer*

Status
Not open for further replies.