My current guess for playable characters:

Ken
Incineroar
Tetris rep
Skull Kid
Erdrick/Loto/DQ Hero
Shadow
Isaac

(character I'm most confident about placed higher, and no comment on whether they are echoes or not)

Edit: updated with Skull Kid

Edit 2: and Spirits is no mere single-player campaign. I mean, you will be able to enjoy part of it in SP, but I think it's going to have some sort of online component... inspired by Dark Souls.

Edit 3: and fuck it, added Shadow. Final update to my prediction.

Last edited:

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
i'm still worried about joycon gameplay

I have no information about this and i don't want to buy the collector edition for an NGC pad...i already have joycons.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I have no information about this and i don't want to buy the collector edition for an NGC pad...i already have joycons.

I bought the GC controller because I broke the slider on my 3DS because of Smash and I'm not repeating that.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What if Sakurai wanted to include Mach Rider but didn't think she was popular, but now that everyone's talking about her he slide down the Smashpole into the Smash Cave so that he can design her as a DLC fighter.
Do do do do do do
Do do do do do do
Do do do do do do
SMASH MAN!

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
...Not at all? They're not mutually exclusive.
So you're believing the leakers when they say the leak is fake but you don't believe them when they said they had Day 1 roster information and said there were 2 characters not on the leak and even implied some characters in the banner might be in the game?

drclaw411

Mar 22, 2018
Dude, Sakurai is getting shit regardless of a fake leak. It doesn't matter if it's not his fault, the Internet will throw it's fury at anything at the slightest "infraction."

Though responding to an obvious troll (and possible alt account of Cybersai) is probably bad form. Here's your damn cookie, eat it.
Who do people think I'm trolling just for having a different opinion? I'm not insulting anyone or anything like that. Hell, I want the grinch leak to be real. I just don't think it is.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017

brawl had wiimote sideways so it should be safe as far as a single joycon goes

but im pretty sure a pair of joycons themselves are surely a thing

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
GameXplain knows the roster and their prediction video wasn't hype
I literally fell asleep while listening to the GX prediction video haha. It's pretty clear that some of them are throwing out wild guesses as jokes because they know too much, or are otherwise playing the cards close to the vest because they don't want to spoil anything. I take absolutely nothing from that video, as I don't think it's a good indicator of what they know, or even of what we'll see.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I just hate the idea of spending time on characters with barely any ties to Nintendo when there are so many better options out there. How is Sora an exciting character to the hardcore Nintendo fanbase when none of the core KH games have been on a Nintendo system?

I feel the exact same way about Cloud. He was and is a trash-tier inclusion.
You are gonna find yourself in the minority with that opinion.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Who do people think I'm trolling just for having a different opinion? I'm not insulting anyone or anything like that. Hell, I want the grinch leak to be real. I just don't think it is.
Great alot of us don't think it's real and based on insider information neither is Box Theory and Ken and Incineroar are in with other characters.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I'm personally bummed, because most conversation is revolving around third party characters and the fact that the "Ultimate" Smash might go out on underwhelming third parties and a Pokemon is...bad! In the end it doesn't matter, because the roster is the same no matter how they parceled it out and I'm totally happy with what we have, but if all the rumored characters are true, they fucked up on reveals.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I just hate the idea of spending time on characters with barely any ties to Nintendo when there are so many better options out there. How is Sora an exciting character to the hardcore Nintendo fanbase when none of the core KH games have been on a Nintendo system?

I feel the exact same way about Cloud. He was and is a trash-tier inclusion.

Almost half the series has been on a Nintendo system, and Kingdom Hearts The Story so Far coming to Switch is very likely, Sora makes perfect sense, and also DDD is as important to the KH series as BBS was.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
While I'd be fine with Shadow I'll gladly toss him out for any of the other banner characters.

Oct 25, 2017
CoM and DDD were on Nintendo first

Because you can play games on multiple systems.

Besides there's 4 KH games on Nintendo handhelds.

There's 4 games on Nintendo systems and the last major game for the series is Dream Drop Distance which was a 3DS exclusive for a time. Sora wouldn't even be the worst with it as people were celebrating the character who only had a remake and actual GB spinoffs for Nintendo presence and hasn't even been on Nintendo systems at all for over a decade.

I said core games, you illiterate fools! Core!

You aren't illiterate fools. I'm just in the anger stage of grief right now over what will likely be a disappointing finale of newcomers.

Cloud is in because he's iconic to video game history. Same for Snake. Both hose characters are tied to PlayStation, that's true but it doesn't erase their popularity. Both Cloud and Snake are video game history, Nintendo or not. If Sora is in it, he's representing PlayStation history, sure, but he's more important representing Disney history in a video game. That's iconic in itself.

At least the Metal Gear series started on NES. Not to mention Snake is badass, while Cloud most certainly is not. And we didn't even get a good selection of excellent FF music out of the deal, which was just salt in the wound.

I'd rather have a Ducktales character representing Disney video game history in Smash, but I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

Just give me Banjo and/or Chrono though and I will graciously welcome all of these unworthy hack characters with open arms!

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
So you're believing the leakers when they say the leak is fake but you don't believe them when they said they had Day 1 roster information and said there were 2 characters not on the leak and even implied some characters in the banner might be in the game?

I'm saying the banner isn't necessarily real in the possible event that the information from Emily or other "insiders" might not be 100% accurate.

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
doesn't help when you use the gamexplain vid as 'evidence' for your Ken+Incineroar theory and then vanish when in the end of the video three of their predictions for the base roster are like, 4, 5 & 5 characters.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay what if:

There's only one, extra long trailer that either opens or caps of the whole direct. It's something like Brawl's OP in that it will reveal the remaining newcomers one at a time, and then end on a big teaser for Spirits Mode.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I said core games, you illiterate fools! Core!

You aren't illiterate fools. I'm just in the anger stage of grief right now over what will likely be a disappointing finale of newcomers.

At least the Metal Gear series started on NES. Not to mention Snake is badass, while Cloud most certainly is not. And we didn't even get a good selection of excellent FF music out of the deal, which was just salt in the wound.

I'd rather have a Ducktales character representing Disney video game history in Smash, but I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

Just give me Banjo and/or Chrono though and I will graciously welcome all of these unworthy hack characters with open arms!
Dream Drop Distance is a core game. It's like the most important game in the lead up to KH3 and the others still have alot to offer even if they're more spin offy.

Soralight8

Oct 25, 2017
Almost half the series has been on a Nintendo system, and Kingdom Hearts The Story so Far coming to Switch is very likely, Sora makes perfect sense, and also DDD is as important to the KH series as BBS was.
i heard also sqaure tring to push kh on to the switch but the graphic need to downgrade to make it work

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I literally fell asleep while listening to the GX prediction video haha. It's pretty clear that some of them are throwing out wild guesses as jokes because they know too much, or are otherwise playing the cards close to the vest because they don't want to spoil anything. I take absolutely nothing from that video, as I don't think it's a good indicator of what they know, or even of what we'll see.
There's a funny moment where Andre almost accidentally refers to Incineroar as if he's already confirmed and then insists they change the subject lol

Status
Not open for further replies.