Status
Not open for further replies.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017

hannah-arendt-historian-there-are-no-dangerous-thoughts-thinking.jpg

Thank you google. Sarcasm aside though, part of me really wants to think that there won't be any Minecraft involvement. If it happens, it happens, but I can see alot of people raging if Sakurai was to suddenly add in Steve into the game.

Of course if what you meant was another Animal Cross representative, then find a picture of Darkwing Duck and him saying, "Let's get dangerous!" instead.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so because I mostly remember people giving up on Ridley during Smash Ballot and vote for their another favorite characters (also they presumed that smash ballots was for Smash 4 DLC)

Was that just at the old place? Or was that at all sorts of different sites like Reddit and Smash Boards?

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to sarcastically say Yoda from Soul Calibur 4, but I think all force users were banned from tournaments. Even if it was lifted later, part of me still likes to think that Yoda had to sit it out still due to how he can evade several attacks by not moving.

Mario has Bowser, Link has Ganondorf, Samus now has Ridley, Yoshi is optional, but many pair him with Bowser Jr., Fox has Wolf, Kirby has King Dedede and Metaknight, and Pikachu has Mewtwo.

If we were to use this kind of logic (and how we should have more villains in Smash anyway), it actually makes sense to have DK's archnemesis in the game too.

Mewtwo's not really a villain in the games. I mean, they're just hanging out in a cave when you go and attack them for no reason! They're just trying to live thier life.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like K rool but I don't like sand

K Rool and sand are about the same thing

Bland and dry

Never got why people pitched a fit at her winning so darn hard, though. Other people wanted her. A lot of other people wanted her. What kind of awful poor sport do you gotta be to crap on that?

Because K Rool didn't win! And Bayonetta is so obscure, no way people knew who she was until Smash! Everyone knows and loves K Rool! Remember his last game in 2007?

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's the weird part, why stop at an AT & a stage? Why not add a playable Steve while you're at it? Then again, Bomberman of all people is an assist trophy.

What would Steve do? Swing his block sword around? Maybe a pickaxe?

Also why not stop at an AT and stage? This whole bromance with MS is so recent, that can't be an excuse. I know Minecraft is very popular but ugggh. Maybe its just me

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Mewtwo's not really a villain in the games. I mean, they're just hanging out in a cave when you go and attack them for no reason! They're just trying to live thier life.

You're absolutely right... It isn't like Mewtwo actually killed anyone or anything like tha-
2c81b1bb4b470512fcba0c62772283f74b16cbb7_hq.jpg

/sarcasm

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Collabs between Nintendo and 3rd party publishers are normal and aren't a good indication of Smash presence at all and I will never understand why people think this.

Even more if they're NOA side. They have no control over the roster. Are we forgetting about the gameplan being made in 2015 too or

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What would Steve do? Swing his block sword around? Maybe a pickaxe?

Also why not stop at an AT and stage? This whole bromance with MS is so recent, that can't be an excuse. I know Minecraft is very popular but ugggh. Maybe its just me
I'd personally prefer no playable Steve, but I'm thinking more from Sakurai & Microsoft's perspective.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
What a strange post.
It's. . .not really.

Just ask anyone what the K. Rool fandom at large's reaction to the Ballot results were. Or heck, was I the only one here lurking GameFAQs during late 2013/early 2014? "Unholy Trilogy" was some peak mess considering what it's proponents did to any other form of character support. I mean, that doesn't mean he's unlikely or anything, the other two characters pushed by that weird rage cult are in now, but there's a weirdly high number of people that hardcore push him that are just. . .assholes, basically.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless we get a Rhythm Heaven rep.

I dunno how influenced by the ballot he'd be to include Chorus Kids if we're operating under the assumption that they were planned for Smash 4/5. If the character concept was progressing satisfactorily before being cut, then I'd imagine he'd go ahead and bring it back this time around irrespective of whether or not they got a lot of votes. If it's some other RH character then I would take that as an indication that the Chorus Kids concept never really got off the ground.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Collabs between Nintendo and 3rd party publishers are normal and aren't a good indication of Smash presence at all and I will never understand why people think this.

Even more if they're NOA side. They have no control over the roster. Are we forgetting about the gameplan being made in 2015 too or

You're wrong! NST down in Washington is going to hack in heavily requested Western characters like John Raimi from Geist and Alexandra from Eternal Darkness any day now.

Deleted member 42221

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Are we forgetting about the gameplan being made in 2015 too or
Honestly, this is the big grounding factor that's a little bit of a bummer. 2017 and 2018 were such vibrant and fun years for Nintendo with great potential characters like Prince Sidon, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl/Twintelle, and a boost to Marx's popularity. Plus - more third party openness and collabs.

If the project plan was made in 2018, the roster would be a little fresher and wilder. Still, if Wonder Red gets in, no complaining here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I dunno how influenced by the ballot he'd be to include Chorus Kids if we're operating under the assumption that they were planned for Smash 4/5. If the character concept was progressing satisfactorily before being cut, then I'd imagine he'd go ahead and bring it back this time around irrespective of whether or not they got a lot of votes.
True, though this was mainly a response to a post saying that they wouldn't be surprised if Inkling was the only non-Ballot pick.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I'd personally prefer no playable Steve, but I'm thinking more from Sakurai & Microsoft's perspective.

Well let's not forget that Phil Spencer has gone on record and said that he'd be all for Banjo-Kazooie to be in Smash Bros. Part of me would love to think that given the "blessing" he gave and how the relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft has been as of late that they would make some magic happen and let the bear and bird finally partake in a bit of smashing. I would actually find those two being a better "Microsoft Representative" than Steve (while giving Shovel knight or Shantae the "Indie slot" if one is being considered).

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
MS and Nintendo should revive GoldenEye Remake and have cross play and put James Bond and Master Chief and Banjo-Kazooie in Smash and Sony is a poopy face and that's it.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the lunatic wing of the K. Rool cult is definitely gonna lose it if he's not in this game

it's not gonna be pretty

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tanaka said in the last Q&A about crossplay and he's responsible for relation with other companies so they kinda did.

And the 2DS of Minecraft is for Japan
They aren't promoting crossplay in Japan (of course) and Mojand is independent from MS - they were bought from the start with the idea of being a third party publisher for them. It's almost the same as Sony Music publishing Nintendo Switch games.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
the lunatic wing of the K. Rool cult is definitely gonna lose it if he's not in this game

it's not gonna be pretty

Honestly I can't imagine it being worse than the Waluigi nonsense that already happened... Still, I'm going to cross my fingers in hopes that the internet wouldn't try and top that nonsense...

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well let's not forget that Phil Spencer has gone on record and said that he'd be all for Banjo-Kazooie to be in Smash Bros. Part of me would love to think that given the "blessing" he gave and how the relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft has been as of late that they would make some magic happen and let the bear and bird finally partake in a bit of smashing. I would actually find those two being a better "Microsoft Representative" than Steve (while giving Shovel knight or Shantae the "Indie slot" if one is being considered).

True but it takes more than a twitter blessing for that to happen. i mean its not like it is anywhere close to impossible, but Spencer does not get the final say still. If this was not decided on a few years ago then I would say Banjo would be a shoe in considering the recent dealings. Maybe for DLC even now. But we are not entirely sure how the deal between Microsoft and Nintendo over Banjo would have been years ago. Again not saying it would not happen then. Just saying is all

Also I see people bring up indie reps. I know you only said if one was considered, but a lot of people feel and indie rep is a lock, and i do not see why

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I can't imagine it being worse than the Waluigi nonsense that already happened... Still, I'm going to cross my fingers in hopes that the internet wouldn't try and top that nonsense...
Yeah, the Kremlunatics are pretty consistently bad, but the Waluigi incident was a new low for the fandom. And this isn't even that great of a fandom to start with.

Please do not ever do that to Sakurai again, people. That's edging way to close to "wishing death on Iwata a week before he dies of cancer" territory. I don't want to have to watch that train wreck ever again.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I've been repping the good king for months now, but the game looks good enough that I'm not going to be upset about the overall product if he's not in.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I want everyone's dream character to be in the game. And I will be excited as hell for anyone who comes in.

But I'll lose my shit in the best way if Wonder Red and/or Dixie get in.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
K Rool is my number one hope for a newcomer (although I'd be just as happy with Dixie) but if he doesn't make it I'll just assume Sakurai had a good reason for not including him and be happy with the almost 70 fucking characters we'll get lol

Eh, I've been repping the good king for months now, but the game looks good enough that I'm not going to be upset about the overall product if he's not in.

I think us K Rool fans are a lot more sane than Waluigi fans (although I'd love Waluigi in) since we haven't even had him in a mainline game in 20 years and he doesn't have a ridiculous meme culture built around him. Thank God for that.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think Chorus Kids is a good prediction but it's likelihood is oversold here. We didn't see Dixie, Toon Zelda, and Plusle + Minun ever show up. Being a cut character is not a safe way to get in the next game.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Honestly, I'm already happy with what we've got. THe amount of characters in this smash game is simply astounding.

However if we get a Rhythm heaven character, Ashley and Geno, I will lise my shit.

KRool and Springman are a nice bonus as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.