Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Site's been updated with a ton of stuff!

Assist Trophies, PokeBalls, Stages...don't see anything new though.

Also who is the ????? enemy in the Castlevania Stage?

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
K. ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I was really starting to believe he wasn't going to make it, so that was such an AMAZING surprise. I think I might be more hyped for him than Ridley.

emperor_ing

Jan 10, 2018
United Kingdom
That Direct was crazy. Yeah the Simon thing was leaked but 2 Castlevania characters! And Dark Samus confirmed which I am incredibly pleased about (Zero Suit main but nice to see Prime series getting some rep). Chrom finally getting in when he was shoved aside in Smash 4, and that K. Rool reveal. Probably a few more characters to come, they seem to be teasing Monster Hunter.

New play modes look good, nice to see tournament mode back and classic seems more like Melee. Need to see more single player modes though. And what's the obscured option on the main menu (with UI that looks a lot better than the mess that was Smash 4)? Story mode?

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
What an incredible direct. Five new fighters! Even if two are Echoes, that is an unbelievable amount! Makes me think we still have at least say, 3 more unique newcomers and about 5 more Echoes but that may be the lingering hype talking. Dark Samus, K.Rool and another FE rep (I'm shameless) are absolute perfection. Also the first time ever I have no idea who a playable character is with the Castlevania Echo. No one mentioned him in discussions really did they? The mystery Single Player mode also has me extremely excited! The fact that they're keeping it under wraps presumably for another dedicated direct somewhere down the line makes me think it will be beefy in content!

Some great new music I heard too (New Gangplank Galleon is real nice, now give me a Crocodile Cacophony remix!) though I think I'll have to sweep through the footage to find any hidden goodies!

Only disappointment is the lack of new stages (which is real nitpicky when we have over 100 lol) and no Pac-Maze seemingly. Windy Hill is here though, so that's great!

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
OK, since all the characters will be revealed before release (not counting DLC)...

How much room is left in the art? Can we get an official art guessing thread?

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this thing was way better than the E3 announcement. Really curious to find out about the blurred-out mode in the main menu.

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
They can honestly just stop adding new characters to this game. K Rool and Belmont were the two most obvious choices after Ridley, after them everything is just a bonus.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
This game is crazy. Holy shit we got so many new characters.

Shadow is practically a lock after both Simon/Richter.

Chrom, Dark Samus.

900 tracks. My heart can't take it

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
ridley and k rool were at the top of my wishlist since the pre brawl days

10 years later sakurai finally made things right :)

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Overall pretty disappointed. Didn't really care about any of the new fighters and one of my hoped fighters got deconfirmed.

Amount of stages and tracks was really the only highlight.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
So much content revealed so far, I just hope they don't skimp out on single player modes like some other recent Nintendo games. Hope they'll have more than ever before in that aspect too! Bring back Master Orders, Crazy Orders, Smash Run, the whole lot!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If i was into betting, i'd bet that the secret mode is a single player mode. And looking at the content already shown ... i'd guess it's a meaty one.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CHROM! MY MAN! People doubted but I always believed. Feels so good to have the Awakening trinity all included. Echoes are a blessing.

And fucking Richter! With SOTN references! Which means third party echoes are a lock. Shadow for sure. Probably Ken. Maybe X, maybe Big Boss?

And most importantly, neither Isabelle nor Dixie Kong deconfirmed. Though things look iffy for Dixie... I'll hold out hope.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
for the record, most of my anti-Krool posts were trolls. I have no strong feelings either way that he is in. Adds more variety and it is always good to get more characters

did not expect the echo flood. And didn't expect Chrom to be a Roy echo over Ike. The anto-FE crowd is going nuts. If we get DLC we're probably gonna get another from the new game too LOL

So they going in on echoes as they are a lot less resource heavy. Still haven't seen Shadow or Isabelle AT, then those are likely coming as echoes. Who else now or you think those two could be the end of the echoes?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Yet another fucking Fire Emblem clone was lame as hell but Simon actually surprised me by looking like he plays similarly to Sir Dan from PlayStation All-Stars, I loved spamming Dan's projectile weapons in that game so I suspect Simon may be a surprise favorite for me.

And of course K. Rool looks freaking perfect, including Shovel Knight as an assist was also great. Bravo Sakurai.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Words can't express how happy K.Rool makes me. His design is perfect and every move is taken from DKC and DK64, just like I dreamed.

BTDubs, his design is based on his Mii costume. I wonder who else got an updated Mii design...

Geno. I'm referring to Geno.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
So with the Waluigi, Bomberman, and Ashley dreams dead and Ridley, Simon, and K. Rool now confirmed playable, who's the next character people are going to meme about?

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
What a Direct. Simon AND Richter?! Nobody expected Chrom! Dark Samus! K. Rool! Ashley and Mimikyu shown the door?! Amazing.

Killyoh

Oct 28, 2017
Paris, France
So, can we agree Subspace Emissary is back ?
5DF80n0.png

Sakurai talked about "a boss" and it sure doesn't look like a normal stage.

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
Changes added to official website.

Why do the new echoes all have a ' instead of E next to their number? And I think Chrom was incorrectly placed on Roy's number.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Guarantee another Direct is being planned with at least a few new character reveals. That new mode likely needs to be shown off there

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I can see assist promoting via DLC at this point, with KRool confirmed, the "relevancy" rule goes put the window. And if people are loud enough for particular characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.