• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phizax

Jul 11, 2018
United States
Well, I'm not a Fire Emblem fan but this time might be our only chance to get a lord with an axe as playable character. Also her design is pretty good.

ZHquHHc.jpg
I don't think we need another FE character but I really like her design. I love the black + red + beige scheme so much, I think it's why I like Morag's design so much also. Plus she's an axe user so I wouldn't mind her in the game.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
I don't see an FE3H character happening until veeeery late in the DLC. Sure Corrin was a thing, but Fates was already out in Japan for almost a year when that happened. That being said I can't get excited over a character I know nothing about. I'd prefer Celica as a Robin Echo, or Micaiah as a Zelda Echo if Sakurai wants to be creative.

This makes me wonder how will DLC handle Echo Fighters. Will they cost as much as regular fighters or will they be cheaper, or will they not do Echoes at all in DLC?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Fire Emblem is where they will break with the whole "gotta be the protagonist" rule for a newcomer. I mean, they already kinda-sorta did that with Chrom in SSB4 (he's the dude on the map so he's sort of the protagonist), so it wouldn't be too weird for Three Houses to do the same

also they can't make another Marth echo... Unless they layer echoes on top of echoes. I wouldn't put it past them.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
they absolutely wouldn't charge as much for echoes as they will for regular fighters

they don't even get their own number

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The new character will be Byleth, and he (or maybe she?) will have a weird whip sword, and it'll be dope. People will complain because it's another FE character but the moveset will be awesome.

Hopefully a better actual character (and better design) than Corrin though

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I feel like Fire Emblem is where they will break with the whole "gotta be the protagonist" rule for a newcomer. I mean, they already kinda-sorta did that with Chrom in SSB4 (he's the dude on the map so he's sort of the protagonist), so it wouldn't be too weird for Three Houses to do the same

also they can't make another Marth echo... Unless they layer echoes on top of echoes. I wouldn't put it past them.
Robin is just as much the protagonist of Awakening as Chrom is, if not more so.

As for Three Houses, while Edelgard has a shot at DLC, her biggest competition is Byleth.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How would Smash Era prefer information was released? In large chunks in Directs? Or with little updates to the website?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of money to be made from DLC alone.

-Fire Emblem character
-Banjo and Kazooie
-Sora
-Goku
-Waluigi
-Fortnite guy/girl

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Robin is just as much the protagonist of Awakening as Chrom is, if not more so.

As for Three Houses, while Edelgard has a shot at DLC, her biggest competition is Byleth.

That's why I said sort of

I kinda see it as a dual protagonist story

It's a weird case but honestly I just want the whole hump that is "protags/main villains only" for certain franchises to be crossed ASAP

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Well, I'm not a Fire Emblem fan but this time might be our only chance to get a lord with an axe as playable character. Also her design is pretty good.

ZHquHHc.jpg

Yes Axe user finally
Final Smash Hectorcopter

What I'm interested to see is if Edelgard and the other lords make it to Heroes before they're in Three Houses.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That's why I said sort of

I kinda see it as a dual protagonist story

It's a weird case but honestly I just want the whole hump that is "protags/main villains only" for certain franchises to be crossed ASAP
I think it's more of it being "protagonists first" than "protagonists only". Take ARMS for example, it would be weird to get, say, Twintelle over Spring Man (popularity aside). We could very well get both, sure, but it'd be weird to get the side character in Smash while the main character is nowhere to be found.

Xenoblade 2 is another example of this, where it'd be weird to get, say, Mòrag & Brighid over Rex & Pyra/Mythra. Though to be fair, XB2 has 2 sets of main characters (Rex & Pyra/Mythra for the base game and Lora & Jin for Torna).

Phizax

Jul 11, 2018
United States
How would Smash Era prefer information was released? In large chunks in Directs? Or with little updates to the website?
I would have preferred that the little video previews for each fighter weren't uploaded after E3, so that we would at least get some fun new gameplay footage with each fighter of the day. As it is we're really not getting new information 90% of the time.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why Sakurai comes up with generic and basic designs, especially with Subspace overall. If he does it again then I hope he realizes the insane amount of sources he can pull from with the series franchises.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
All that was needed to not have an info drought was to not drop every character trailer at E3. We would have something to look forward to every week.

Without the music, there is no reason to follow the blog at all

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
It's Music Tuesday everyone. I think it's time for StarFox, but given that last week was a double up on FE music, I guess anything's on the table.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

31XAIJw.jpg

Logo:

PHWlgWs.png

Characters:

Fortnite Survivor

4Koy3Wt.png

Quick Google give me this:

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Fortnite_Guy_(Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate)

Echo Fighter:

No Echo Fighters. Instead of an Echo Fighter, Fortnite will get 6 default and 6 alt costumes.

One of 8 alt costumes would based on

zHvSn7E.jpg

Assist Trophy:

a zombie from Save The Homeland mode

Stage:

Traveling stage like Skyloft stage in Smash for Wii U

mwFf4Qu.png

Items:

OPyWlET.png

Llama: when you destroy the Llama, you will receive 4-5 items (two recovery items, two effect items and one explosive item)

q5YBZ9R.png

Clinger: It will cling on an opponent and will do chuck of damages. (Unlike sticky bomb, it can't pass over to another person if you manage to touch them)

Victory Poses and Taunts:

Gimmick of this character shined mostly with victory poses and taunts. First character in Smash Bros history that allows you to have a customization with good amounts of taunts and victory poses.

default victory poses would based on this

ws9Bz9W.gif

kIPQQUb.gif

default taunts would based on this

juuIFdY.gif

oqEwmLa.gif

Unlockable victory poses or taunts (you have to earn the coins in order to purchase more taunts and victory poses)

ZndxcOh.gif

daFOvC5.gif

tblp5Qr.gif

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Uprising's enemies definitely have that Subspace Energy

god there were a lot of them in Smash Run

Status
Not open for further replies.