• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Her reveal transitioned into Animal Crossing Switch, so that wouldn't have been possible.
I mean it's not hard to create a segue into an Animal Crossing reveal. Remember where changing the timeline here. If Nintendo decided Isabelle's reveal would've been in the Smash Direct, then they would've obviously had a different transition into revealing Animal Crossing Switch.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
31XAIJw.jpg

Logo:

PHWlgWs.png

Characters:

Fortnite Survivor

4Koy3Wt.png

Quick Google give me this:

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Fortnite_Guy_(Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate)

Echo Fighter:

No Echo Fighters. Instead of an Echo Fighter, Fortnite will get 6 default and 6 alt costumes.

One of 8 alt costumes would based on

zHvSn7E.jpg

Assist Trophy:

a zombie from Save The Homeland mode

Stage:

Traveling stage like Skyloft stage in Smash for Wii U

mwFf4Qu.png

Items:

OPyWlET.png

Llama: when you destroy the Llama, you will receive 4-5 items (two recovery items, two effect items and one explosive item)

q5YBZ9R.png

Clinger: It will cling on an opponent and will do chuck of damages. (Unlike sticky bomb, it can't pass over to another person if you manage to touch them)

Victory Poses and Taunts:

Gimmick of this character shined mostly with victory poses and taunts. First character in Smash Bros history that allows you to have a customization with good amounts of taunts and victory poses.

default victory poses would based on this

ws9Bz9W.gif

kIPQQUb.gif

default taunts would based on this

juuIFdY.gif

oqEwmLa.gif

Unlockable victory poses or taunts (you have to earn the coins in order to purchase more taunts and victory poses)

ZndxcOh.gif

daFOvC5.gif

tblp5Qr.gif
GET OUT

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'd call the Subspace Emissary enemies "generic" but I would call them extremely incongruous.

9x4BHD9.png

Here's this all-star cast of colorful characters representing so many different franchises, clashing against one another. But now the heroes of these classic series need to rise up against the forces of....

395px-Primid_-_Brawl_Trophy.png

477px-Armight_-_Brawl_Trophy.png

Borboras_-_Brawl_Trophy.png

Bytan_-_Brawl_Trophy.png

... well okay.

If they wanted to make a bunch of overdesigned non-descript "original enemies" I would've preferred it if they instead made them as aberrations of elements present in other Nintendo series. Why not have Subspace bugs possess Koopas to mutate them in some weird ways for example? Also, you could have a boss battle with Bowser, then the subspace corrupts him and turns him into Giga Bowser - giving a canon reason as to why the character is a thing in Smash.

If the idea behind Tabuu is to drag the entire world into his own twisted pocket dimension I don't buy the idea that he should have this whole army of generic creatures. Just make him possess creatures that already exist, turning them into his own versions of them, like a twisted corruption of the Nintendo series.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bet we'll get notice of a new reveal today.
If I'm right, I get an oreo :]
If I'm wrong, I'm forced to eat an oreo :<

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
The only reason I still look forward to the blog updates is to see who will win our competition.

The dojo was prime Smash hype.

Nov 17, 2017
Uprising's enemies definitely have that Subspace Energy

god there were a lot of them in Smash Run
I know it was probably very easy to just grab the models from Uprising to use in Smash but it really felt like there were way too many Kid Icarus enemies. I feel like there were 20 of them or something close.

I guess also besides the fact that Sakurai could easily use them, they probably had a few mechanics that worked well with concepts Sakurai wanted to implement.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
the balance between big reveal hype (everyone is here) or long-term hype (here's some newcomers and 8 veterans you were already expecting) is difficult

i think they made the right choice, but it makes the hype cycle lamer as a result

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take Smash Ultimate's hype cycle over the looooooooooooong draaaaaaaaaawn ooooooooout hype cycle of Smash 4.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Obly ten more minutes until dissappointment(tm) and "One more week guys" posts arrive.

Better reset those clocks guys.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
A bunch of Smash Run enemies could have been Assist Trophies and just had them do what they do in Smash Run like Chain Chomp and Starman

- Bonkers
- Bulborb
- Dark Nut
- Devil Car
- Egg Robo
- Goomba
- Kritter
- Magikoopa
- Plasma Wisp
- Polar Bear
- Reaper
- ReDead
- Stalfos

Plus all the Pokemon enemies could have come out of Pokeballs

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this was a motive behind it, but I like to think that Smash Run using enemies from various IP was a response to complaints about the SSE enemies.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Obly ten more minutes until dissappointment(tm) and "One more week guys" posts arrive.

Better reset those clocks guys.

Why people want to counted Wednesday out for some kind of announcements? It's mind-boggling that people think last day of direct announcement is today, not tomorrow!

I don't know if this was a motive behind it, but I like to think that Smash Run using enemies from various IP was a response to complaints about the SSE enemies.

That would be interesting but I hope that Spirit Mode is the huge answer to that!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought we're talking about the same 5-6 month cycle we're in now, like if we prefer what we have or would you rather have Smash 4's layout in this same 5-6 months.
These marketing cycles don't exist in a vacuum, you can't remove the last five or so months of Smash 4's cycle without accounting for all the months that lead up to it as far as I'm concerned.

I actually enjoy how so far, the lead up has been subdued. It feels refreshing to have a cycle that I can take with a passive approach. Keeps my expectations in check for when the game releases, and leaves more surprises available.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
These marketing cycles don't exist in a vacuum, you can't remove the last five or so months of Smash 4's cycle without accounting for all the months that lead up to it as far as I'm concerned.

I actually enjoy how so far, the lead up has been subdued. It feels refreshing to have a cycle that I can take with a passive approach. Keeps my expectations in check for when the game releases, and leaves more surprises available.

Implying that they didn't show everything in upcoming direct tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.