Status
Not open for further replies.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah probably though considering Mecha Fiora is in Shulk's final smash now (and was a trophy in Smash 4) maybe Sakurai would not care.

Don't play with my heeeaaarrt!

Is that her Xenoblade 2 model? The face is different from how I remember.

I believe they ripped her model from XC2 and replaced Zero Suit Samus, but I'm not 100% sure. She does look a bit more derpy in here.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
Literally all I want in life right now is Daisy to join the Smash roster, so that her future could be secured, and she would finally be recognised as a great Nintendo character that I see in her, and that she can be proven to people as not a simple Peach clone like she is in so many games that happen to be so criminally underrated.

I want Daisy in Smash more than even wanting to graduate!

Sakurai:
giphy.gif

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
By "let him take the victory", you mean "ignore that after losing an avatar bet on the subject he chose not to honour the full terms", right?

I kept forgetting that he did it but I don't blame him for that since it was pretty painful to wear this picture for two weeks when you are stanning otherwise right?

Just wanted to gauge interest again for a Era Tournament a week or two after launch. If it goes smoothly enough, I'd love to do a monthly tournament.

Any suggestions for how it should be done are welcome!

I'm in if the internet is pretty good.

Nov 17, 2017
Elma AT reveal is coming soon
maxresdefault.jpg

I believe they ripped her model from XC2 and replaced Zero Suit Samus, but I'm not 100% sure. She does look a bit more derpy in here.
Well it's pretty clearly ZSS that they placed her model over. I wonder how she would look over Bayonetta since they both use two guns (with their hands at least.)

And yeah, I'm sure it's because they just straight ported her model for the mod. She looks great in XC2.

ss-019.jpg

I wonder how they would model her face if she's in Smash Ultimate. Shulk looks quite different in Smash than he did in Xenoblade.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai to disappoint fans like he's always has.

That's kinda shitty for Smash fanbases doing that to Sakurai after Sakurai have done so much for many fans.

Our disappointment feeds Sakurai and keeps him young. This is the secret to the fountain of youth.

That's why I'm shocked that they added Ridley and King K Rool to the roster because those salty tears from their fanbase always kept Sakurai young for long time as possible.

At least there are some salty tears coming from certain fanbases would be sufficient enough for Sakurai to last for few more years.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Ken and Incinceroar are the last two characters to be revealed, this is the worst last two characters to be revealed for a Smash game.

To go from K.Rool, then drop to Isabelle then off the cliff to Ken and Incinceroar...
I dunno, Ken is pretty hype.

Though another third party being revealed close to launch would have been more preferable.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I could see the final Direct playing out like this

• Open with an Incineroar trailer
  • Sakurai talks about the Spirits mode, reveals a few more bosses. M. Bison is one of them and Ryu tag teams him with...
  • Ken!
  • Another echo is also there. Shadow, probably. Two is just a nice number.
  • Details on pre-ordering via the eShop
  • Demo is going to be made available after the presentation woooo
  • Sakurai starts saying his goodbyes, but then there's a watery transition...
  • Smash logo flashes and we see Destiny Islands
  • Sora is confirmed, Roxas is his echo
  • They're the first DLC, available in January, tying in with KH3. Which Switch isn't getting so it's a bit awkward but cool nonetheless.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
maxresdefault.jpg

Well it's pretty clearly ZSS that they placed her model over. I wonder how she would look over Bayonetta since they both use two guns (with their hands at least.)

And yeah, I'm sure it's because they just straight ported her model for the mod. She looks great in XC2.

ss-019.jpg

I wonder how they would model her face if she's in Smash Ultimate. Shulk looks quite different in Smash than he did in Xenoblade.

Hopefully not like Shulk, Shulk looks lifeless sometimes

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
If Ken and Incinceroar are the last two characters to be revealed, this is the worst last two characters to be revealed for a Smash game.

To go from K.Rool, then drop to Isabelle then off the cliff to Ken and Incinceroar...
Isabelle wasn't a drop. I don't personally care about her, but her presence in the game literally brought people to tears. You're just not in her demographic.

Otherwise, I actually agree here. Sort of. Brawl's 'secret' characters were the worst final reveal, IMO.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Bayonetta is fine with me, but she's kind of weird as a third party. Her being lumped with Sonic, Ryu, Mega Man, Cloud, Pac Man, Simon and Snake makes her seem out of place because she's a nobody compared to them. But lump her with some of the more off beat Nintendo characters and she fits in with them, like Shulk. She manages because she's only technically third party, in marketing and stuff, Nintendo has pretty much adopted her as their own series.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isabelle wasn't a drop. I don't personally care about her, but her presence in the game literally brought people to tears. You're just not in her demographic.

Otherwise, I actually agree here. Sort of. Brawl's 'secret' characters were the worst final reveal, IMO.
Yes. Thanks for telling me Isabelle was a drop for me lol.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Bayonetta is fine with me, but she's kind of weird as a third party. Her being lumped with Sonic, Ryu, Mega Man, Cloud, Pac Man, Simon and Snake makes her seem out of place because she's a nobody compared to them. But lump her with some of the more off beat Nintendo characters and she fits in with them, like Shulk. She manages because she's only technically third party, in marketing and stuff, Nintendo has pretty much adopted her as their own series.

That's pretty much my stance with Bayonetta. She's a honorary member of Nintendo, and Nintendo have no problems to keep her franchise alive, like they pushed for Bayonetta 3 as well.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isabelle appeals a lot to casual audience, especially female players. She wasn't meant for diehard fans like Ridley and K. Rool were.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We need Travis Touchdown to balance out the "niche beat em up by cult-favorite creator and is basically Nintendo exclusive" representatives

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is Incinceroar (appeals to a huge group), but let me guess saying Incinceroar "is a drop" won't be seen as a negative here.

Only in our circles would she be a drop, elsewhere she's probably one of the biggest reveals. Same with Incineroar. To many of us it isn't hype, but Smash isn't only played by us.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Let the box theory go, friends.

Despite this hype cycle feeling inconsistent, I find it hard to believe Ken and a Poke would be the last two reveals.

As if a promotional material box was going to accidentally reveal the amount of newcomers left in the game

Smash Ultimate is sorta unique because 4 and Brawl kept their secret newcomer characters hidden until the end. Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt were saved for later for 4 I think. We're in uncharted waters, since this is the first time everyone will be revealed first. It'd imagine they'd want a big name for the final reveal, and I don't think Incineroar is as big a reveal as Duck Hunt or The Koopa Kids. It'd also be the latest a Pokemon has ever been revealed for the game.

Isabelle wasn't huge for this realm of the fan base, but she was still acknowledged specifically as a deserving character. Incineroar's push is because people were told it's not Decidueye.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't seen as a negative because there are so many haters here.

You're right lol.

Only in our circles would she be a drop, elsewhere she's probably one of the biggest reveals. Same with Incineroar. To many of us it isn't hype, but Smash isn't only played by us.

I agree she's one of the biggest reveals. She's from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises or she wouldn't be in the game.

I'd take Incineroar over Ridley and K. Rool, but not over Isabelle.

I'll have to respect this as hard as that may be for me.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I don't care for Incineroar as a Pokemon, he would at least bring an interesting moveset to Smash.
More wrestling is always welcome, especially if the character is another heavyweight.
We still dont have an old retro character like G&W, ROB, or Duck Hunt added.

Ice climbers returning doesn't count.
For first party reps, yeah. We did get Simon at least for an older 3rd party.
Maybe it'll be relegated to DLC this time around, or they'll just chock it up to Ice Climber's return as you noted.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see anything wrong with being unhappy with Isabelle. We have a lot of people who hate on K Rool in particular but I rarely see any complaints.

MoonGirard

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
I hope Incineroar can hit people with a chair if not Sakurai needs to add a metal chair as an item.

Nov 17, 2017
Hopefully not like Shulk, Shulk looks lifeless sometimes
I think the newcomers for Smash Ultimate and also the redone characters are much more expressive now so I think Elma would look better than Shulk. I wish they did more to Shulk's model but it seems to me at least that he's pretty much exactly as he looked in 4 unless I missed something.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see anything wrong with being unhappy with Isabelle. We have a lot of people who hate on K Rool in particular but I rarely see any complaints.
The Isabelle hate comes with a weird tone of "Isabelle is for casuals and not the hardest of hardcore Smash fans, like myself."

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017

Literally this. Seen people say they don't give a crap about Ridley and no comments but the second someone says the same about Isabelle people are at their throats. Quite strange.

WaluigiTime

Oct 27, 2017
Good Burger
What if a retro rep was Sports Person? They could have a moveset based off the NES games Hockey, Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Soccer, Pro Wrestling, and any other NES sports games I missed.

They could use the old Golf guy as the base character.
latest
golf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.