• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tito

Oct 28, 2017
Just can't play with the default buttons layout, Y to jump is impossible for me when reflexes are needed.
I need B to jump, Y for normal and A for special.
Thanks for the heads up! That's the exact setting I have on Smash 3DS and it's the only one that works for me. It's either the GCN setup, or the one you said; not buying the game until it's fixed.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no such luck. I guess I'll just contact customer support when it gets closer to release but regardless, its not the end of the world if I have to spend a little extra on a single fighter.

For what it's worth you shouldn't have any problem getting a code from support. I texted their support service this morning and after giving them my Switch serial number and account email they sent me the code 2 hours later.

Mar 10, 2018
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but it just now occured to me: Why isn't Chun Li in this game? No problem with Ken, but given the choice between the two, Chun Li just seems to make too much sense for Smash.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but it just now occured to me: Why isn't Chun Li in this game? No problem with Ken, but given the choice between the two, Chun Li just seems to make too much sense for Smash.
Ken is built off of Ryu's base, he wouldn't be in the game otherwise. It wasn't really a choice between Ken and Chun-Li, it was a choice between Ken and no Ken.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Ken is very heavily derived from Ryu and didn't require nearly as much time or effort to make (despite being more varied than any of the other Echoes, admittedly). Chun Li would've required significantly more time and attention.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, the HD rumble on the Pro controller is actually awesome. It might actually be... helpful, rather than a hindrance. Super subtle but with different intensity depending on the action, you can sort of tell what is happening just by feel.

I usually keep rumble turned off in all games (habit from playing so many shooters), but this is super cool, and a definite benefit over the GameCube controller's rumble. Hmm.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Jack for Joker, probably?

Brave...well...it can only be one possible thing

yes that's right

Ayumi_Spirit.png

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
So assuming DQ is real.

That's a great choice. DQ is probably the biggest series not yet represented in Smash (biggest in terms of legacy)

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I love Ridley. His fireballs off the ledge are a forced to be reckoned with, I like his recovery options, his smashes are brutal, and his 3 jumps prove to be very versatile.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
While Brave might just be a codename for Erdrick, it's also possible that we could be getting a general DQ protagonist with different skins corresponding to different games.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
While Brave might just be a codename for Erdrick, it's also possible that we could be getting a general DQ protagonist with different skins corresponding to different games.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got multiple heroes in the vein of Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. Erdrick will probably get two alt slots though (for the male and female versions) and might be the default.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
JRPG goodness for DLC lol.

If Persona 5 ends up coming for Switch. I think we'll need to look at what else is coming to switch to guess DLC characters lol

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming we are getting a Dragon Quest rep, does that mean Ninja Gaiden becomes the most significant NES game without representation in Smash?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
if only the other 3 characters in the pass were also mentioned in the code

Do we know where these parameters are, by the way? Seems like it took a while to find.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Shouldn't some datamined shit (emphasis on shit) get its own thread?

I consider this an annoying spoiler that was basically beyond my control if this is correct.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
my thinking is that both of those codenames being in the game kinda gives some credence to the various rumors percolating about how both of the first two Fighters Packs are still very early in development

to me, it suggests that they might be worked on, and therefore released, simultaneously

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Dragon Quest might actually be easier than FF to get music, although don't expect any remixes. It'd just be dealing with one person, and Dragon Quest spin offs always have tons of music, most of which is likely where they'll pull music from for Smash.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It might be the Final Fantasy licensing department that's a nightmare to deal with and not Square Enix specifically.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still think a Dragon Quest Hero doesn't quite match Reggie's comments at the Game Awards about characters we wouldn't expect in Smash. One of the most significant franchises in gaming with a long association with Nintendo is exactly the kind of character people would expect, lol.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
for what it's worth this was at least harder to find than just blatantly leaving Roy & Ryu in the fighter listings

the more you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.