Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The original games are pretty old now.
I would of thought the Switch could run them easily.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Never played the sequel but the first game and the dlc are solid jump scare heavy games. If you are okay with that you are going to have and absolute blast.

Rushoff

Oct 28, 2017
Actually Outlast games are not built using UE4. As far as I remember both are using UE3.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Werent U3 games having trouble getting ported to the switch though?
No. That was just people of this forum trying to speculate as to why A Hat in Time wasn't getting a Switch port. UE3 doesn't officially support Switch but that doesn't mean all devs will universally have trouble porting their UE3 games to the Switch. Epic does provide full source code access with the engine so any dev with the right programming know how can go in and port the engine to any system.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Aw man, I was hoping for them to include the sequel as well, kinda like Outlast Trinity. Still a welcome surprise!

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Sooo...how are these?
Is it just run' hide? I'm askin cause i don't really like horror games where u are just a victim (except clock tower for sfc).

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Outlast 1 AND 2???

How is the performance, solid?

Goddamn, just bought Xenoblade 2, I don't have time for all the games even if portable! :|

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Perhaps the OP could benefit from an edit specifying that it is only Outlast 1 + DLC included in this bundle, and not the sequel.

Anyways, I'm personally looking forward to the technical analysis on this.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendolife saying its £19.99 for the 1st game only and the DLC, isn't that expensive? A few in here seem to be praising the price

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Is this the first Nintendo platform game with a bunch of dicks in it?

I remember having a couple "oh holy shit" moments in the DLC for how far they took the body horror stuff. Most graphic stuff I've seen in a game tbh.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone take the hit, buy it and give us performance impressions. I would but I'm at work.

Oct 30, 2017
20 quid for the first game and the DLC seems a bit high. If it were both games, I'd jump on it, methinks. I may still, and i think it's worth it, but having played the ps4 version already, not sure I'll jump on 1 again.

OP
OP
N00MKRAD

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Perhaps the OP could benefit from an edit specifying that it is only Outlast 1 + DLC included in this bundle, and not the sequel.

Anyways, I'm personally looking forward to the technical analysis on this.

Done.
20 quid for the first game and the DLC seems a bit high. If it were both games, I'd jump on it, methinks. I may still, and i think it's worth it, but having played the ps4 version already, not sure I'll jump on 1 again.

How is that high? That's quite a lot of content.

Papasmurff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seems plausible that this will get a retail release bundled with the second game when that comes out. I'll wait and see.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this the first Nintendo platform game with a bunch of dicks in it?

Cradily.

Cradily.jpg

In all seriousness though I am definitely happy about this game. Been a long time since I played it on PS4 so I am looking forward to a replay.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017

How cheap do people want games these days?

£5 for the base and £5 for DLC

People want games for way too cheap

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
If it's a good port, and you haven't played the game, then it's something I definitely recommend. It's quite good, and the sequel is also very good.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
How cheap do people want games these days?

£5 for the base and £5 for DLC

People want games for way too cheap

Considering the bundle has dropped to as low as $7 on a sale on PSN, that would be why people expected it to be a bit cheaper. Especially when considering the game is 4-5 years old.
However this always happens with ports, they're always going to be more expensive / same price as launch on other consoles anyway.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I'm quite curious about whether this is censored or not. Specifically
the part in the DLC where there is a male body with the dick and head cut off, and the head stuffed in a hole made where the dick once was, and the body in birthing position on a hospital table. Or where the antagonist who goes around cutting off everyone's dicks captures you and tries to cut off your dick."

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has censored/refused to release WAY less graphic shit.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo only ever seems to censor their 1st party stuff from Japan.
I doubt this will be censored.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the part in the DLC where there is a male body with the dick and head cut off, and the head stuffed in a hole made where the dick once was, and the body in birthing position on a hospital table. Or where the antagonist who goes around cutting off everyone's dicks captures you and tries to cut off your dick."

It's this kind of pervasive thought that stops people from taking Nintendo systems seriously.

I can't recall the last time Nintendo majorly was in a controversy for censoring content from Third Party's since the SNES or N64 days.

They could have just as easily said thanks but no thanks to the game, than censoring a game at this point

Quakeguy

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Will the penises be censored? Or will this be the first time we see a penis on Nintendo hardware?

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Considering the bundle has dropped to as low as $7 on a sale on PSN, that would be why people expected it to be a bit cheaper. Especially when considering the game is 4-5 years old.
However this always happens with ports, they're always going to be more expensive / same price as launch on other consoles anyway.

But that was in a flash sale. The price as of today for switch is the same price as other digital platform stores.

Frankie_baby

Banned
Feb 11, 2018

Nintendo don't censor/refuse anything as long as it can get a rating apart from AO (which Sony and MS also refuse)

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
It's this kind of pervasive thought that stops people from taking Nintendo systems seriously.

I can't recall the last time Nintendo majorly was in a controversy for censoring content from Third Party's since the SNES or N64 days.

They could have just as easily said thanks but no thanks to the game, than censoring a game at this point
I remember binding of isaac taking forever to come to Nintendo platforms because of the biblical/child abuse themes. It ended up coming out eventually, but binding of isaac is a disney cartoon compared to the Outlast Whistleblower DLC.