• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moogrose

Oct 27, 2017
Would like to see some undocked screens, if you can...

Edit: too late... And thanks. That looks really good!

OP
OP
N00MKRAD

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
DXEBdNYVAAEIEv-.jpg:large

Some more things:

- Resolution definitely seems to be native. Framerate appears to be 30, but absolutely solid.
- Has HD rumble (not a lot, but for opening doors for example)
- Has a gamma option
- Subtitles are small, but not as small as DOOM.

EDIT: To be clear, all those screenshots are handheld. I barely use my Switch docked and I can't test it right now.

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
I don't know if i can play this game.
It seem more scary than Shattered Memories.

Last edited:

BuggyMike

Nov 2, 2017
Its amazing that there are so many great games in my favorite genre on Switch now. I cant wait to play Outlast 2 after RER2, Layers of Fear and Perception. Man we gettin' fed :')

Wallchicken

Nov 1, 2017
What kind of gameplay is this? Do you have a weapon in the game?

Mainly stealth/hide-and-seek with bits of parkour when running from enemies. The character has a camera capable of night vision, allowing you to see in dark areas, but your battery is limited so you have to be resourceful and scrounge up whatever batteries you find in the environment.

No weapons. :)

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Played the first one on PC, loved it. Might hold off for the sequel as I don't feel terribly compelled to double dip. Unless...

How substantial and enjoyable is the Whistleblower dlc?

Wallchicken

Nov 1, 2017
Played the first one on PC, loved it. Might hold off for the sequel as I don't feel terribly compelled to double dip. Unless...

It's fantastic. Easily the best of the trilogy. Has the best pacing, the most spine-chilling villain, and the best encounters. You also get a lot out of it if you played through the first before so this package is ideal. :)

Oct 25, 2017

It's outstanding, if you enjoyed the initial game. I'd highly recommend it. Outlast 2 is pretty shit though, and I'd advise on skipping it completely. I bought it on sale for ps4 and was still disappointed. It's hardly the same game anymore, basically having you guess what to do at nearly every turn. It was irritating, ruining any atmosphere the game tried to set up. Very little of it plays like the first game.

You basically run away most of the time, with minimal "hide and seek". I can only remember one section, to be honest.

Wallchicken

Nov 1, 2017
Awesome, is it basically a full length game or is it shorter than the main?

In terms of length, its about three hours long (about half of the main game's runtime), but the encounters are a lot more varied and stagnate less. It uses its time much more effectively than 1 and 2. You never have to go too far to see something new. :)

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell what the FPS is in handheld? The gameplay video posted seems to be running at 60.

Oct 25, 2017
The villain in Whistleblower was on another level of crazy, and I'd put them up there with Luca Blight(Suikoden) and Curtis Blackburn (Killer 7). I don't usually get much of a reaction from an antagonist that's purely evil, but this one did it. It made me question how some of it got through the ratings board to be honest.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
Native res + that grain looks fantastic. Plus the game is so dark and you view most of it through the camera's filter anyway that any flaws will likely be hidden.

Might pick this up, Outlast is one of the best horror games.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing trough Hollow right now, but this is definitely next after I finish! Layers of Fear and Detention are both on deck as well.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017

I'm still going to wait until the second one releases and see if they still don't have any plans for a physical release.

Hey Blinkin

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I had the courage to play games like this. I can't handle the anxiety of impending doom. I can barely watch other people play stuff like this.

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
I loved the first Outlast and its incredible DLC Whistleblower to bits (Haven't played 2 yet). Enjoy it Switch gamers! It's damn scary and horrifyingly violent at times too, keep that in mind...

Kattbuss

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Going to start this tonight. For those of you that have played it before, any tips for starting out? I've played a lot of horror games but not these types of stealth/hide games.