OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Also I know this is completely off topic but I noticed some of you listen to RHAP as well....

Anyone else annoyed when his exit interview is 5 minutes long and then 40 minutes of him talking about Milf Manner with some dude I've never heard of....

I find his entire podcast annoying and probably wouldn't listen to it if he wasn't basically the only person who gets player interviews.

Like I'm hear to listen to the Survivors not your annoying ass lol.

Different strokes I guess, but RHAP is amazing. Rob C is amazing. And CBS limits the amount of time he has to interview voted out contestants to something like 5 minutes.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Maria just being dumb.

This is just the most boring group of people to me. Only Q is remotely entertaining and he's only half engaged.

Many of them seem like nice people I'd gladly hang with but just not great TV. Tevin was the best probably.

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty meh episode. I was on the Maria train but between the debacle at the challenge and then targeting Venus who wasn't a threat to anyone in any way, she has fallen off for me. Id be good with a Charlie or Q win at this point.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Liz actually wins because she's the only one without beef with anyone (except q lol)

Would be the day Survivor died.

Well we already had a gabler win 😜
Natalie White will forever be the winner that contributed least in their season, she really did win just by sheer nature of being hated the least. Liz is a veritable Boston Rob compared to Natalie White.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I love this season lmao, it's way better than most of the recent ones.

Charlie's in a good spot, he needs to target Maria next and try to bring Q and Ben to final 3. Would be an easy 8-0 I think unless Q somehow succeeds by positioning himself as the "you all hated me but could never get me, and that's not easy to do" person (which I would laugh my ass off if Q won somehow, dude is very entertaining)

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished another rewatch of Game Changers, which is a pretty under appreciated season imo. Good cast, good gameplay, lots of iconic moments (the Zeke/Varner thing, Cirie's exit was incredible). After Heroes vs Villains and then Game Changers, it's essentially hard evidence that JT is a terrible player and got remarkably lucky to play with the people he did to let him win. Debbie is also incredible TV, they should keep bringing her back as often as she'll participate. I never get tired of hearing about all the jobs she's had and things she knows more about than you do.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't find the drama entertaining. The immaturity being demonstrated between players just feels like it has escalated unnecessarily, and I don't feel like executing the brain function to discern who is at fault and who is victimized. I appreciate Soda's well worded clarification, but also don't have time think about Venus as a reality TV figure. This season has been fun in the sense of bad idol gameplay, but the personalities (other than Ben and Charlie, honestly, maybe Kenzie) have given me the ick most of the season.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't find the drama entertaining. The immaturity being demonstrated between players just feels like it has escalated unnecessarily, and I don't feel like executing the brain function to discern who is at fault and who is victimized. I appreciate Soda's well worded clarification, but also don't have time think about Venus as a reality TV figure. This season has been fun in the sense of bad idol gameplay, but the personalities (other than Ben and Charlie, honestly, maybe Kenzie) have given me the ick most of the season.
I think we all agree that exciting and strategic gameplay would be the preferable narrative for this (and every) season, but we clearly aren't getting that so at least the drama is here to keep things interesting lol

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
It does seem some of the people have taken things outside of the game that most players leave at the door when they hit Ponderosa.

Whether that be Venus, Soda or Tevin or all of the above /shrug

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
It does seem some of the people have taken things outside of the game that most players leave at the door when they hit Ponderosa.

Whether that be Venus, Soda or Tevin or all of the above /shrug
Kinda wild that at the end of the day it's not the tribe that featured the likes of Q, Bhanu, Jelinsky and "too sweet for Survivor" Jess that winds up the most toxic and dysfunctional of the season.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss something? What is the source of this feud? I know they didn't get along on the island as well as the infamous Idol grab, but surely I'm missing something else?

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Holy moly...

Australian Survivor Planning 'Australia vs USA' Season With Survivor Legends

jeff-jlp.jpg

They NEED Tina and Colby on the season. The final two from Australian Outback on an actual Australian season lol.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Did I miss something? What is the source of this feud? I know they didn't get along on the island as well as the infamous Idol grab, but surely I'm missing something else?
How it began? No good reason was ever provided on the show. I remarked earlier that Venus reminded me of Jake from last season, in that she was trying to play the game and for no discernible reason, nobody was interested in working with her. I know other players describe her as 'whiny' but when she was shown complaining, she generally looked to have valid cause.

Last edited:

KyleP29

Oct 25, 2017

I have dreamed about this kind of crossover... but i just worry they will struggle to get some of the big names from either version. Like Hayley, Shonee, Kirby, Moana, Brooke, Feras, Simon, George, Harry, Lukey, Golden God are all must cast Aussie survivors for a cross over season but all have either played multiple times already, played multiple times together, played recently, or all the above that it seems like it may be difficult to cast the dream lineup.

Likewise, for a show that has a smaller budget I do wonder if they could get enough big US names to participate to sell the theme of "Legends" as im not sure you get some past US winners or big names without a paycheck to bring them on.

Hopefully it works out as it would have the makings of an all time season.

Jan 6, 2019
I hope Kenzie pours it on in the last couple episodes and somehow wins, which shocks me to say because I HATED her preshow interview where she talked about going to borrow a wrench and manipulating the man to fix it for her. But I like her on the show, just don't think she's done enough lately to stand out, unless her final 3 is with Ben and Liz lol

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I have dreamed about this kind of crossover... but i just worry they will struggle to get some of the big names from either version. Like Hayley, Shonee, Kirby, Moana, Brooke, Feras, Simon, George, Harry, Lukey, Golden God are all must cast Aussie survivors for a cross over season but all have either played multiple times already, played multiple times together, played recently, or all the above that it seems like it may be difficult to cast the dream lineup.

I don't think they will manage to use any winners; the idea is probably to use big name but runner-up types for a second chance, but similarly bring back US survivors that are no longer in the CBS casting plans. Tons of folks slowly realizing they won't be in the Survivor 50 casting plans that could be up for it, and on the AUS side there are folks like (some) of the ones you mentioned who haven't won but are thirsty to do so, Boston Rob style. Anybody who has any hopes of S50 is probably afraid of the wrath of Jeff/CBS otherwise.

Likewise, for a show that has a smaller budget I do wonder if they could get enough big US names to participate to sell the theme of "Legends" as im not sure you get some past US winners or big names without a paycheck to bring them on.

They've absolutely done so in the past though. Queen, Hantz, etc. There are definitely thirsty players out there even for half the money, I just hope they don't aim at the retiree well (AKA The Traitors). But AUS Survivor definitely aims for prestige when they can...conversely it still opens the door for US Survivor if they ever get ambitious to really do a Survivor All-Stars and get an even higher tier of talent from both sides of the ocean.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
At this point I kind of want Season 50 to feature a bunch of S46 returnees and for them to collectively pick fights with the rest of the returnees in that season as well.

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
I'd feel the same but he said it in a confessional, so now I kinda believe it lol.

It's mean to say, but him being a hot mess seems more believable to me than him making any sort of strategic move on his own without being directed by his alliance

I'm sorry I don't know that you can be a "hot mess" to the point that you right an entire different persons name down.

Don't buy it at all, he fucked up and is trying to make excuses and from the clip Kenzie doesn't buy it either.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
Let's be honest. We don't have to figure that out. It's not worth our effort to analyze a bad player like Ben.

Nov 21, 2017
I'm sorry I don't know that you can be a "hot mess" to the point that you right an entire different persons name down.

Don't buy it at all, he fucked up and is trying to make excuses and from the clip Kenzie doesn't buy it either.

He'd be lying to viewers, also knowing Kenzie would see it most likely.

There's nothing new about Reality TV contestant BS-ing in confessionals.

So I'm gonna say it's to early to tell without seeing the full episode but the scenarios I can think of in which Ben is lying in a confessional are:

1. He and his alliance planned a split vote but the show hid those conversations while showing Ben lying in a confessional (Unlikely production would do that IMO)

2. Ben went rogue without telling anyone, and lied about the vote in a confessional (More likely, but A) I don't think it makes strategic sense to do that without his alliance knowing, and B) I don't think he has been shown to have much acumen for the game or making moves or doing anything besides following others)

3. His alliance planned a split vote behind production's back, and the plan was for him to always lie about it afterwards (Seems even more unlikely to me)

4. He's tired, starved, and phoning it in, and somehow wrote down the wrong name. Maybe there were even talks of splitting the vote but ultimately his alliance agreed not to but he forgot or got confused. (Also seems far fetched tbh)

For me it's either 2 or 4, and I just lean slightly towards 4 because to me Ben seems checked out

I wish they showed us what he said during the voting confessional

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
Tangentially related but Dead Meat, a popular horror Youtube channel, did another of their Horror Survivor episodes, where they use the rules of Survivor to see how a cast of horror movie characters would do. They're big Survivor fans, so I just thought it was fun that they're enjoying this season so much. Also has a fun cameo to intro the video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyfXWprLS1M