• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I'm reminded that they're partnering with Tencent, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I'm reminded that they're partnering with Tencent, it left a bad taste in my mouth.
I keep forgetting too. Awesome avatar btw, Suikoden III is the reason I bought a ps2 and had to pay such huge import prices (I'm from Europe). Now chinese Nintendo fans can hopefully pay less for their Nintendo games :)

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also here's why you see something like the China Hero Project from Sony

There's a fight to define what console is the default in China(and other parts of Asia) because that gives them a massive advantage going forward.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
These numbers and those of Taiwan and Korea fit what was intuited: The entire region follows similar trends to Japan in terms of games.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Judging by the amount of non-approved games being played on international Switches in the subway of Shanghai i see everyday, this legal version is a tiny fraction of the actual amount of sold (mostly via HK or JP channels).

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the amount of non-approved games being played on international Switches in the subway of Shanghai i see everyday, this legal version is a tiny fraction of the actual amount of sold (mostly via HK or JP channels).
I think I saw somewhere that there were around ~3 million sold in the "gray" market before it was officially released in China.