Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I'm reminded that they're partnering with Tencent, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I'm reminded that they're partnering with Tencent, it left a bad taste in my mouth.
I keep forgetting too. Awesome avatar btw, Suikoden III is the reason I bought a ps2 and had to pay such huge import prices (I'm from Europe). Now chinese Nintendo fans can hopefully pay less for their Nintendo games :)

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also here's why you see something like the China Hero Project from Sony

There's a fight to define what console is the default in China(and other parts of Asia) because that gives them a massive advantage going forward.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
These numbers and those of Taiwan and Korea fit what was intuited: The entire region follows similar trends to Japan in terms of games.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Judging by the amount of non-approved games being played on international Switches in the subway of Shanghai i see everyday, this legal version is a tiny fraction of the actual amount of sold (mostly via HK or JP channels).

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the amount of non-approved games being played on international Switches in the subway of Shanghai i see everyday, this legal version is a tiny fraction of the actual amount of sold (mostly via HK or JP channels).
I think I saw somewhere that there were around ~3 million sold in the "gray" market before it was officially released in China.