• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Ahhh it's so close. It's beautiful. I didn't want to open the plastic because I want to have my hands on it for the first time when I actually pick it up at midnight on Friday.

48746633006_99e7239531_h.jpg

It's not any smaller than I expected, but it's not any bigger either. It seems like the perfect size for what it is. Basically right in between the Vita and the regular Switch.

Only bad part is I described it to several co-workers who didn't have a Switch, and now all of them want it since it's smaller and [more importantly] $100 cheaper. So now I need to be there at midnight to make sure I get this turquoise one.
That doesn't look nearly as vibrant as in its promo pictures.

I think I made the right decision by going yellow.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried various USBC to hdmi dongles and cables? Worth trying as a Hail Mary.
I think it's hilarious that people always jump on me for asking this as if it's ridiculous to be curious. There's no harm done in seeing what happens. Though we won't find out for sure if it is hardware capable until someone takes it apart and looks for the usb controller.

Someone had tried it (can't remember if it was Twitter or Reddit) but it did not work.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
All this yellow. Disgusting. Probably wanted to push it out because the only way people would want yellow is if they released it early.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Ahhh it's so close. It's beautiful. I didn't want to open the plastic because I want to have my hands on it for the first time when I actually pick it up at midnight on Friday.

48746633006_99e7239531_h.jpg
Would you say it's basically the same blue as the DSi when it launched? If you've seen one. Since they announced it I've wanted the blue but the last couple days people have said in person it's like an in between teal and sea green tone.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I switched my preorder from the turquoise to the yellow and now I don't know what to think. Both are better than the grey and I don't want to wait for the Pokemon one

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the turquoise, it does seem a touch paler than how the promo pictures looked. I am going to stick with my turquoise preorder, it reminds me of Hatsune Miku lol

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
There's something wrong going on here. Walmart systems will literally block the transaction if it's before the launch date, not even a manager can override it. Something isn't on the up and up. Wonder how this happened.
Same thing with Best Buy. There must be a glitch or something in Walmart's POS system. If I we were to scan a switch lite or a genesis mini right now it would say, "Item not available at this moment"

Jun 17, 2018
Just wanted to check out the colors. They're not sealed or anything. Nintendo doesn't put any kind of tape or anything on the Switch packaging. I didn't take them out of plastic so that they're still untouched.
I think people buying new units deserved to have them completely unopened and packed like they were from the factory. I hope you at least wore gloves while tampering with the merchandise

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I think people buying new units deserved to have them completely unopened and packed like they were from the factory. I hope you at least wore gloves while tampering with the merchandise
It looks literally exactly the same as unopened. There is no difference whatsoever. I didn't touch the Switch or any accessories. And if it makes you feel any better, the people that were with me at the time are all buying the ones we were looking at.

You're being very silly.

Jun 17, 2018
It looks literally exactly the same as unopened. There is no difference whatsoever. I didn't touch the Switch or any accessories. And if it makes you feel any better, the people that were with me at the time are all buying the ones we were looking at.

You're being very silly.
My bad, didn't know Wal Mart employees had early purchase access. As you were...

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
My bad, didn't know Wal Mart employees had early purchase access. As you were...
I mean, we are going at midnight, which is when they're allowed to be sold? And even if we didn't, it wouldn't matter, because there is LITERALLY NO DIFFERENCE. There is no tape, there is no seal, the item remained in the bag, and nothing else was touched. You're complaining about the effective equivalent of somebody holding your box to ring you up.

Jun 17, 2018
I mean, we are going at midnight, which is when they're allowed to be sold? And even if we didn't, it wouldn't matter, because there is LITERALLY NO DIFFERENCE. There is no tape, there is no seal, the item remained in the bag, and nothing else was touched. You're complaining about the effective equivalent of somebody holding your box to ring you up.
I mean you aren't doing quality checks on the product, so why open them up to begin with? But like you said, you and your friends are buying the units you tampered with so it's really no big deal.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I really neeed to know how good and precise the d-pad is, that's a dealbreaker if it sucks.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Just be aware that, from what I understand, there are laws for withholding product to customers so employees can buy them first.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you aren't doing quality checks on the product, so why open them up to begin with? But like you said, you and your friends are buying the units you tampered with so it's really no big deal.

What did we tamper with? There was no seal. We didn't touch anything except plastic.

Customers ask us to open products all the time to check various things like port selection. As long as they're not sealed, we are permitted to do so.

Just be aware that, from what I understand, there are laws for withholding product to customers so employees can buy them first.

I've worked in retail 15 years. I am aware. We are not witholding them. We are allowed to use the knowledge we have of our inventory and the release date to come in at a time we believe would let us be the first in line to buy the ones we want at 12:01.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a limit to how many Switches you can have your digital games on? Is it literally just one primary and one secondary, or can you have multiple secondary systems?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Ninjas are about to visit that Walmart.
I don't think the Walmart there should be blamed, though. The Switch Lites didn't come in a Street Dated box. They just arrived loose in with a bunch of other freight. Given that every single person I've mentioned the Switch Lite to has never heard of it (including my co-workers and gamer friends), it's easy to understand why it happened. The real question is why the register didn't block the sale.