• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FinalSeven

Oct 27, 2017
Best kind of music. Just sends you back to another time. Off the top of my head, Mitch Murder, Com Truise, and Droid Bishop are a few of my favorites, but that doesn't even scratch the surface. Will definitely be following this thread.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit. I just created a thread because I couldn't find this one.

Edit: Figure I'll actually contribute a bit more than that. Nice to see some familar posters and new ones. I always enjoyed sharing random finds.

Actually a little disappointed with Scandroid's new album, but will give it a more in depth listen.

Wondering when the new album from Starcadian will eventually release..

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Subscribed. I'm fairly new to the genre, but damn if I don't love me some Perturbator and Carpenter Brut.

Oct 26, 2017
Robert Parker - 85 again.
It's like getting the '80's injected straight into my veins.

One of the thing I enjoy most on Dance With The Dead's Youtube channel is their covers. I cannot get enough of their version of John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13's theme.
Heavy synth effects combined with DWTD's trademark screaming guitars.

ig55

Oct 27, 2017
more on the electro tip but lotta roland 80s synth stuff going on here - think some of ya guys may dig space dimension controller's schtuff

Sp3ratus

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome thread, also subscribed. Absolutely love Synthwave/Retrowave. It makes me super nostalgic for a time period I never really got to experience(I was a little over 1 year old, when it ended). Hell, I've even begun watching a lot of 80's movies, like Escape from New York, Blade Runner, The Thing etc. I also just finished watching Stranger Things season 2, which was a great time. All that 80's goodness.

Best kind of music. Just sends you back to another time. Off the top of my head, Mitch Murder, Com Truise, and Droid Bishop are a few of my favorites, but that doesn't even scratch the surface. Will definitely be following this thread.

Robert Parker - 85 again.
It's like getting the '80's injected straight into my veins.

One of the thing I enjoy most on Dance With The Dead's Youtube channel is their covers. I cannot get enough of their version of John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13's theme.
Heavy synth effects combined with DWTD's trademark screaming guitars.

Two of my favourites are Droid Bishop and Robert Parker('85 Again is so good!) as you guys mentioned.

I discovered a large part of the Retrowave music I listen to these days through a YouTube channel/guy called That 80's Guy:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ghlxmJNMd8BE_u1HR-bTg
(Btw, is there a way to make a text the link, instead of the actual link? Thanks if anyone can show me how)

Anyway, two of my all-time favourites are:

And:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
This seems as good as a place as any to ask... I was looking around Craigslist, and I stumbled upon this beauty.

NnpBtvr.jpg

It's a Kawai FS800 SuperBoard. 61 keys, 100 instruments, 3 midi port, on the fly pitch adjustments, programmable synthesizer. $50. Dirty, but otherwise intact.

This thing is massive... My 7 year old for scale.

rHh89HM.jpg

The problem is I can't find any real information on it! It's definitely higher end "prosumer", but all I can find is the user manual... Which sounds like a goldmine, but is missing a lot of information like what year it was released, what sound chips it uses, etc.

About all I've found is that it's "80's" and the rest of the information you can find on the front of the device.

I'll try and record some sounds with it because honestly it's really nice!

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I would LOOOOOOVE a copy of Atlas by FM-84 on vinyl, damn I'm tempted by its existence now. I'll have to hold off despite November 3rd being the next release date- if I could wait for decently priced Carpenter Brut Trilogy records, I can wait for the market to even out on this.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome thread, also subscribed. Absolutely love Synthwave/Retrowave. It makes me super nostalgic for a time period I never really got to experience(I was a little over 1 year old, when it ended). Hell, I've even begun watching a lot of 80's movies, like Escape from New York, Blade Runner, The Thing etc. I also just finished watching Stranger Things season 2, which was a great time. All that 80's goodness.

Two of my favourites are Droid Bishop and Robert Parker('85 Again is so good!) as you guys mentioned.

I discovered a large part of the Retrowave music I listen to these days through a YouTube channel/guy called That 80's Guy:

(Btw, is there a way to make a text the link, instead of the actual link? Thanks if anyone can show me how)

Anyway, two of my all-time favourites are:

And:

Yes yes and yes!!!! Now let's go cruise PCH (Malibu, CA)

Cruddy

Oct 25, 2017
Really doesn't belong here but I wish they would release the full version with vocals. :(

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
My favourite darkwave/snyth artist is Daniel Deluxe, really love the heavy tone.

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure absolutely everyone in here is familiar with Com Truise, but on the off chance that you aren't, or if you've stumbled into this thread blindly, check him out because he's so GOOD:

like SHIT wow yes what a jam

another recommendation is this slick piece:

Hi there! I was a lurker on the old thread, figured I'd introduce myself with my "couch pic" of synthwave vinyl (this is from May; since then I've bought Client Liaison, Sung's Anthology, FM-84's "Atlas", Code Elektro's "Triads" and Morgan Willis' "Sophie Teenage Dream")

Thanks! (and let me know if I should be "quoting" pics here, couldn't tell from the FAQ.)

couchpic3pkkh.jpg

!!! amazing

Sp3ratus

Oct 27, 2017
My favourite darkwave/snyth artist is Daniel Deluxe, really love the heavy tone.

Damn, that's some good shit right there. When the bass kicks in at 0:40... whew!

Yes yes and yes!!!! Now let's go cruise PCH (Malibu, CA)
I'm down, let's go!

Sp3ratus Light Years is amazing. Dat space journey music. I love Robert Parker too.
Yea, man. Droid Bishop has made some amazing tracks, like Moonrunner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3fihk8FbT0

Days of the Running Man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Ar82N18EY

And In Search of Gemini(bonus with footage of Robocop):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkYrVywP1OE

But Light Years is the one I keep coming back to.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
You guys need Client Liaison in your lives. Outstanding George Michael-esque band from Australia, and they make some baller videos:

Their debut LP "Diplomatic Immunity" rivals "Atlas" (edit: and "Endless Summer") for the best 2016 release.

https://clientliaison.bandcamp.com

Last edited:

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You guys need Client Liaison in your lives. Outstanding George Michael-esque band from Australia, and they make some baller videos:

Their debut LP "Diplomatic Immunity" rivals "Atlas" (edit: and "Endless Summer") for the best 2016 release.

hell yeah, another Client Liaison fan! I've been lucky enough to see them twice now and review one of their shows! Their 80s Australian white collar aesthetic is so specific, it's brilliant. There's a lot of great Aussie music out there right now that bases It's production off the synth wave sound. I feel like Luke Million is a fairly notable example:

he did a really good Stranger Things theme remix and it's SO 80s

and this track

his tracks are definitely more disco/pop/funk, but you can't deny the retro wave influence in his music

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
hell yeah, another Client Liaison fan! I've been lucky enough to see them twice now and review one of their shows! Their 80s Australian white collar aesthetic is so specific, it's brilliant. There's a lot of great Aussie music out there right now that bases It's production off the synth wave sound. I feel like Luke Million is a fairly notable example:

he did a really good Stranger Things theme remix and it's SO 80s

and this track

his tracks are definitely more disco/pop/funk, but you can't deny the retro wave influence in his music

Power Glove and FM Attack are both Aussie as well :)

Oct 27, 2017
Giving a shout out to NightStop, who seems very underrated, but puts out some pretty catchy stuff...

She Dances in the Dark:

Back Alley Business

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
This is a not so well known retrowave track.
Brilliant nevertheless, reminds me a lot of the Shriekback song from the movie manhunter called This Big Hush:
Porcelain Dream: Tonight

The always brilliant Sebastian Gampl: Under Control

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
And without you. Both feat the very talented Tommy Reeve

And something a bit dark and "crunchy" which is also my favorite track by Power Glove: Motorcycle Cop:

Hope you all enjoy and have a great day.

HarryHengst

Oct 27, 2017

This is some extremely good stuff and was what got me into this whole genre thanks to the power of youtube related videos. I also find the overlap between metal fans and this stuff funny, but its not too strange with bands like Perturbator and Dance With The Dead.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Love love LOVE listening to Le Matos, if only I could coax them to play in London sometime...happy to see Montrose/Sarah mentioned already!

Subscribed, now to plow through the recommendations...