• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
RISE

mu7Z7qR.jpg

He found fame for his Pokemon GO contraption that let him use multiple phones while riding his bike. He then added more phones to his device, and transitioned it into a wearable mount. He received an endorsement deal with a phone company because of his Pokemon GO fanaticism. Now 70-year-old Chen San Yuan is back, and his Pokemon GO mount is bigger than ever.

As you can see, Yuan is now riding around on a bike that allows him to play 45 games of Pokemon GO at once! The mount is a sight to behold, and will certainly catch the attention of anyone Yuan passes by on the street. The real question is...how in the hell does he see around the phones to ride his bike?!

Last year I reported that Mr. Yuan was using 21 phones. In the summer, it seems that he was rocking 30. Few could predict that it was only a fraction of his power, as he is now using 45 phones with little chance of stopping.

RF4TqAO.jpg

The man in action:

I suppose the next step is 60 phones. But how far is too far?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I want him to be completely encased in an orb made of phones and he rolls around playing Pokémon Go on all of them. It will be called the GO ORB and it will not be stopped.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't really get how this wouldn't make him a prime robbery target, cheap phones or not that's a lot of phones.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope someday he finds someone like him so they can play Pokemon Go together on a 100+ phone tandem bicycle

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Holy fuck, well done. If you're retired and have the free time, have disposable income, why the heck not?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Guinness World Record attempt? Just having that many phones attached together in one place doing whatever is impressive enough.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
What even is the point? Even people who are obviously cheating with multiple accounts (filling all the gyms in their area with their mons, berrying them to high heaven, etc.) are somehow happy with maybe 10 accounts. You can't even put more than 20 accounts into a single raid.

At this point all these articles about the guy feel like encouraging his addiction. There is less than zero justification for any of this.

Nov 13, 2017
What even is the point? Even people who are obviously cheating with multiple accounts (filling all the gyms in their area with their mons, berrying them to high heaven, etc.) are somehow happy with maybe 10 accounts. You can't even put more than 20 accounts into a single raid.

At this point all these articles about the guy feel like encouraging his addiction. There is less than zero justification for any of this.
Yeah...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I see this eventually going the way of Chronicle, with Taiwanese Pokemon Go Grandpa flying around with phones orbiting him.

That or truck-kun takes another life:

EGrjeTt.png

Maybe Pokemon was an isekai all along, and Ash is really this bloke reincarnated.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is interested in the background of the Pokémon Go grandpa, BrandonTan91 (Pokémon Go player with the highest XP) made a video about him:

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
"Psst, hey kid, come here and look at this shit, I've got a Rayquaza, level 60 with Bold temperament, that reeeal good shit. All yours for 50."

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
He's old what instantly makes all of this super endearing and cute, so stop with all the hate.