• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Holy fuck, well done. If you're retired and have the free time, have disposable income, why the heck not?
Pretty much. At his age, enjoying his free time, hanging around with younger people playing a social game and becoming worldwide famous, he's doing great for himself and I love seeing this stuff.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
He's old what instantly makes all of this super endearing and cute, so stop with all the hate.

Lots of older people play this game, this guy isn't an anomaly because of his age. In fact, a lot of the more hardcore players I know of are middle-aged and older.

You know who else tends to have makeshift boards stacked with phones for raids, or who has six accounts filling all the local gyms? Older people. At best, it's people using them for raids to get more spins on the slot machine of Pokemon Go; it's annoying having to deal with them sometimes because it turns out getting multiple accounts in a raid can be troublesome, and they'll ask you to back out because oh their fifth account didn't make it into the raid, but the most damage they're doing is to the trading economy, which isn't that big of a deal.

At worst, they're stacking gyms with their own accounts, which directly affects everybody else and makes it so the only real solution is for everyone else to start having multiple phones and accounts as well if they want coins. That's straight-up cheating and I don't give a shit how old you are, that's not cool.

Oct 26, 2017
Obviously he needs to have 151 phones.

I recently made a second account when I bought a new phone. Some quests require you do duel another player or trade something, and it's super annoying when I don't meet another player for days. Sometimes a low level second account is the difference between finishing a raid at 3-5 people or failing too.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That's fucking amazing. I've been seeing the articles about him every time he hits a new milestone, but that dude is a legend. I wonder how much he spends on the game just for raid passes?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously he needs to have 151 phones.

I recently made a second account when I bought a new phone. Some quests require you do duel another player or trade something, and it's super annoying when I don't meet another player for days. Sometimes a low level second account is the difference between finishing a raid at 3-5 people or failing too.

Imagine being able to do ~3 5 star raids at once just by yourself lol.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Even if you do join a raid with 20 phones all by yourself, how do you attack on each phone and still down the boss within the time limit? You only have two hands!

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
wSPfqmp.gif

reminds me of hisoka.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Even if you do join a raid with 20 phones all by yourself, how do you attack on each phone and still down the boss within the time limit? You only have two hands!

Depends on the difficulty of the boss but you can join a raid with 20 and only attack with a subset. All accounts will still "win". Rayquazza was a relatively easy duo the last time it was out. The current boss, Cobalion, only requires 4/5 with the right counters.