• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Another 5 million for GTA.

Yeah we wont see a new one until 2023 at the very earliest. Insane.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, 135 million units sold for GTA V?! What's the estimate on the total amount of money the game has generated for Take Two?

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
It's hilarious how out of the loop people are on 2K on here.

Only Fifa is bigger i think

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy Outer Worlds did well. Was it a perfect game? No. But it definitely has potential for a fantastic series. Hope Obsidian get another crack at it down the line.

Also. Jesus Christ GTA. Jesus Christ.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much everyone I know who's into basketball owns 2k at some point in the titles lifetime for that year.
Also it's brought up constantly, even in casual conversation amongst players when they're doing interviews etc. because they play it on their own time.
Not surprised in the least at the growing numbers.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Digital share has also risen to 68% which is about in line with what Sony said.

AbsoluteZ3R0

Feb 5, 2019
Borderlands 3 seemed to have sold better than I expected. Really happy to see outer world sold this well.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Which one is selling more on a yearly basis Madden or NBA 2K? In NA and worldwide. I'm interested to know.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah it seem bad alongside GTA V, but those numbers would be pretty good if it was from a different publisher.
I just hope Rockstar considers that good and that the franchise is still worth it of sequels, but I'm afraid that it is not gonna happen.
"pretty good"
pretty sure its the best selling game of the gen outside of pubg and gta 5 and more than doubled its predecessors numbers

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it seems bad alongside GTA V, but those numbers would be pretty good if it was from a different publisher.
I just hope Rockstar considers that good and that the franchise is still worth it of sequels, but I'm afraid that it is not gonna happen.
If there is a single exec who thinks 32 million copies sold is too low, they are out of their minds.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad borderlands 3 only sold 10.5 million. Maybe if it had sold more, Randy could've paid his employee what he promised them.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Wow at those Borderlands numbers; somehow still not enough to pay employees their agreed upon bonuses. Fuck Gearbox.

Jan 4, 2018
That's very good numbers for The Outer Worlds considering the game was available day one on Gamepass Xbox and PC and hasn't arrived on Steam yet.

I can't wait for the expansions and the sequel.

Last edited:

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
It's no GTA 5 but it's still the 2nd best selling game released in this gen only behind PUBG.

(Ofc Minecraft and GTA 5 sold more but they are "old gen")
Technically, if you combine MK8 and MK8D, they are still above. But I believe RDRII sells at a much faster pace so it should catch up to the two of them combined soon enough

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
If there is a single exec who thinks 32 million copies sold is too low, they are out of their minds.
I'm sure no one thinks that, but I'm also sure that they will try to maximize the investment as any other business, so I can see them turning down a sequel to RDR to make more GTA.
I mean, I don't know what are their ideas nor understand the first thing about what would be the right moves, but I kinda lost hope of more RDR or Bully or anything more single player focused.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
"pretty good"
pretty sure its the best selling game of the gen outside of pubg and gta 5 and more than doubled its predecessors numbers
Yeah RDR2 was never above 20m, right? I think it's done pretty damn well, as deserved. Hope they don't only give next gen updates to GTAV, that would suck.

iareec

Banned
Jul 19, 2020
How? The game sold two times more copies than what RDR1 did and there will be next-gen version for sure. Do people here really expected to get close to GTA V numbers? No AAA game (other than GTA VI) can do this.
I didn't say that, just expect more and I remember buying it a bit after launch. Amazing game but online was terrible.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
the fact that NBA2K sells 14 million units is sickening...
I'm a huge NBA2K fan but didn't buy the game this year after year after year of getting worse microtransactions in the game.. i'll not come back until they change something but it looks like people keep supporting their shady microtransactions.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it doesn't take Gearbox another FIVE YEARS to make another Borderlands game like it took from Presequel to 3.