• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Arguably they were still doing it early on last gen (Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DMC4, RE5). Something went very wrong somewhere last gen, but they've seemingly got their swagger back and I couldn't be happier about it.
Trying to chase the Call of Duty money when there's only so much money in the world and Inafune convincing/poisoning everyone there to westernize games and let me say again wanting Call of Duty numbers for everything led them astray with some dumb ideas. They now have regained the confidence in owning what they are good at, making MHW a big fucking success and their household names getting crtitical and wide-spread acclaim should tell them enough about what's actually succesful.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
If Onimusha is Dev 2 then it most likely won't be on RE Engine either. Tsujimoto doesn't want to use it in part because he doesn't want to be reliant on Dev 1.

Their best bet is to wait for the next generation during the possible game drought that all new consoles go through.
By the time DD2 would be ready (early 2021 probably) it could just be crossgen.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
This R3make news makes me beyond happy, the potential for legitimate tension and horror with Nemesis stalking you would be off the charts.

Would rather they put all their efforts into making it next-gen, cross-gen titles get held back by technology and I can only imagine how it would look with the RE Engine or MT Framework on the next gen systems. Who knows if its even being thought of or worked on?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This R3make news makes me beyond happy, the potential for legitimate tension and horror with Nemesis stalking you would be off the charts.

Would rather they put all their efforts into making it next-gen, cross-gen titles get held back by technology and I can only imagine how it would look with the RE Engine or MT Framework on the next gen systems. Who knows if its even being thought of or worked on?
It took Capcom 3.5 years before they moved past crossgen on PS4/XB1. Don't expect it be different for PS5/Scarlet.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
It took Capcom 3.5 years before they moved past crossgen on PS4/XB1. Don't expect it be different for PS5/Scarlet.
To be fair this is a different Capcom in the past few years, one making sound decisions and not as dependent on fraudulent DLC practices. Regardless who knows, as long as we get a Dragon's Dogma 2 then that's all that matters.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let me fix your first two bolded quotes:

"If we keep gradually increasing the size of our staff, I'm thinking that at some point maybe we might be able to handle four AAA titles at once."

Also, in addition to that, we're currently working on a title that will make our fans think, "wow, they're making that?"

This has to be dragons dogma 2 right.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Its finally time

New Chaos Legion

Chaos_Legion_Wallpaper_HD_1.jpg
Yesssssss, we need it

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Onimusha is Dev 2 then it most likely won't be on RE Engine either. Tsujimoto doesn't want to use it in part because he doesn't want to be reliant on Dev 1.

Capcom strategy is always reuse existing in house engine ( otherwise unreal ). I doubt they make their own engine for dev 2. Either RE engine or unreal ( or MT Framework to certain extend ).

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom strategy is always reuse existing in house engine ( otherwise unreal ). I doubt they make their own engine for dev 2. Either RE engine or unreal ( or MT Framework to certain extend ).
MT Framework has a dedicated team outside the Dev groups. Maybe they take over RE Engine from Dev 1. Or maybe they make a new engine for nextgen/MH6.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

It took ages for plenty of devs to get past cross-gen last time, because there was a huge shift in console architecture, and because the prevailing (not-)wisdom back then was that dedicated home consoles were doomed, so many companies were really gun-shy. Neither of these things will apply next time, so it absolutely should be different.