• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Community Attacks
Well to be fair it was one of the most active groups on the site. So it breaking up is in fact a big deal. Not as big of deal as what you are talking about obviously. But to the Era community it is certainly important.
On a counterpoint, PoliGAF/Era is/was also considered one of the worst and most toxic parts of these forums, so it might not be bad for them to have broken up, just not for casting doubt on allegations that people had some reason to be suspicious of given the timing.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. That is objectively terrible.
I agree but that is basically what they are saying. If my posts can be interpreted in any way that someone thinks fits into this incredibly broad definition "rape apologist " they can feel free to report me and I'll be banned. Or my opinion is marginalized because I'm male. Or I'll get piled on by people for not believing women.

In my last post I quoted a conversation just in this thread where someone's opinion was dismissed and then they outed themselves for the sake of their argument and the person that dismissed them then walked themselves back after seeing they were a victim.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe by allowing well reasoned and level comments about waiting for more information. Maybe by allowing people to scrutinize the content of the claims and the quality of the reporting of those claims. Maybe by not immediately assuming that anyone who requires more information to reach a conclusion without dismissing the accusations are rape apologists, moderates, or "insecure dudebros".

Your post indicates you only want people who agree with your position to be allowed to post, which silences people in the group you are pretending to champion. You are not alone in this behavior, and it's had a very real impact on assault survivors who have been more or less bullied into silence by vindictive dogpiling and aggressive rhetoric.
You are wrong.

I want people to listen to victims. If a victim makes a statement, they should feel assured that their voice will be treated seriously, even if it doesn't align with some viewpoints.

And regarding the insecure dudebros bit. So many idiots have made it difficult for victims to speak out. Because to them, women have some sort of "advantage" over men, when the issue is actually the other way around. And they will let victims "know" through intimidation. They form a majority of skeptics based from personal observation.

Rampage is not one of those people. She is a victim, so her opinion is far more valuable than some dudebro's take that was sourced by some goobergate video.

Listen to Tara. Listen to Rampage. Listen to other women.

Nov 1, 2017
This whole situation has been so frustrating to watch play out. When news first broke that she was now accusing Biden of rape I said he should step down if more evidence came to light. Once Obama, AOC, Warren and Sanders threw their support behind him I knew that wouldn't happen without a smoking gun. I was feeling extremely frustrated because I would need to cast a vote for Biden to provide the best support for my family, marginalized communities and continued advancement of this slowly developing horror show of a county into something at least marginally better.

The Vox and PBS pieces showed inconsistencies in her claims which then made me feel even worse watching members on here I like tear at each other despite knowing they both cared about survivors. That made me feel even worse. It was easier to stomach residing myself to vote for an abuser rather than looking at an increasing possibility that the claim might not have happened and that would make the work of those in, helped by and supportive of the movement harder.

However, no matter how many lies someone has told throughout their life, their claims should rightfully be investigated because sexual assault doesn't discriminate based on how truthful someone is. Poor decisions or committing crimes yourself doesn't mean that you can't be the target of something as or more heinous and should be allowed justice. At this point though, the frequency and now severity of some of her lies are going to undoubtedly mean that many more will believe it didn' occur, bad faith actors are going to use it as they always do for their bullshit and now several others are going to have to relive traumas because of perjur in this instance. There's are no good scenarios here.

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You are wrong.

I want people to listen to victims. If a victim makes a statement, they should feel assured that their voice will be treated seriously, even if it doesn't align with some viewpoints.

And regarding the insecure dudebros bit. So many idiots have made it difficult for victims to speak out. Because to them, women have some sort of "advantage" over men, when the issue is actually the other way around. And they will let victims "know" through intimidation. They form a majority of skeptics based from personal observation.

Rampage is not one of those people. She is a victim, so her opinion is far more valuable than some dudebro's take that was sourced by some goobergate video.

So, if I'm a skeptic, and not a self-avowed victim, should I be discounted -- since the "majority" of skeptics are insecure dudebros?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
As a survivor I think I can offer my perspective as well, right, or should I not because you happen to disagree with it? If you want to talk about what isn't a "good look". My comment directly puts assault trauma on a pedestal, sorry if you find that objectionable. Feel free to take a deep dive into my history advocating for sexual assault victims on this site if you think you want to cast aspersions.
At least for me the concern is/should be less with the PoliEra group on Resetera.com and some bans being issued and moreso with the huge number of victims who don't come forward due in large part to the fear of people casting doubt on them, and it's frustrating that as that is going on and with that being the reality we're focusing on the PoliEra group being torn apart.
See, this is what I think complicates things; because we're not dealing with a monolithic group, you've had people on different sides of the issue who are feeling like they aren't being served. One that jumped out at me were those who felt that the moderation was weak, a very different tune to what you're hearing in this thread:

www.resetera.com

We need to have a talk on how we treat sexual assault victims on this site

TW: Sexual Assault and Rape mentions I…really didn’t want to make this thread. I was hoping that things would die down and the perpetrators would have been punished but for every person getting banned for the following behavior 2 or 3 emerge to continue and I am exhausted, hurt, and angry. I...

I understand that trying to balance out giving people the opportunity to speak and treating serious issues seriously is always going to be a balancing act that inevitably leaves some people uncomfortable, but ultimately I think some concerns are just bigger than others, and you have people hitchhiking on these issues who are really just concerned about something else that's much more minor. Like, earlier in this thread you had some people who were passing around a post for a ban for a post that had nothing offensive that was surely ridiculously unjust - except that it was popping into a thread for another issue to lecture the people there.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up. They haven't exactly kept their word that moderation would be much more open than the other place
I get that some people may feel that way, but in reality there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between the moderation here and the moderation at the old place. Because there is actually moderation here. The old place has been turned into Evilores own personal right wing shithole rife with racism, sexism, islamaphobia, anti-trans rhetoric, and out right lies. Just go look at the Off Topic or Politic section over there. Or go look at the bans page where the mods insult and demean the people being banned while not actually explaining why they have been banned alot of the time. At least here the staff explains exactly why someone has been banned. And at least here they properly moderate discussions instead of just letting people run wild.

I'd take the staff here feeling a bit too strict at times over having nearly no moderation at all like they have at the old place right now.

Mar 18, 2020
You are wrong.

Rampage has been repeatedly handwaved and ignored in this thread.

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think you took the wrong message lol. Take a step back and think about what I am really saying.

My point is that by discounting skeptics as highly-probabable bad-faith actors, a system is created where reasoned discussion cannot happen -- since any discussion counter to the claim can just be either hand-waved away, or in harsh circumstances shouted down.

It's not healthy or helpful to anyone.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
On a counterpoint, PoliGAF/Era is/was also considered one of the worst and most toxic parts of these forums, so it might not be bad for them to have broken up, just not for casting doubt on allegations that people had some reason to be suspicious of given the timing.
Thanks for reminding me why I as a PoliEra regular never leave the community thread and don't post on the site much any more. We were and are not toxic, but we did often call out people when they acted in bad faith or if they regularly brigaded the thread. I will also say it's curious how you've developed this view of the community seeing as how I've never seen you post in it.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I get that some people may feel that way, but in reality there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between the moderation here and the moderation at the old place. Because there is actually moderation here. The old place has been turned into Evilores own personal right wing shithole rife with racism, sexism, islamaphobia, anti-trans rhetoric, and out right lies. Just go look at the Off Topic or Politic section over there. Or go look at the bans page where the mods insult and demean the people being banned while not actually explaining why they have been banned alot of the time. At least here the staff explains exactly why someone has been banned. And at least here they properly moderate discussions instead of just letting people run wild.

I'd take the staff here feeling a bit too strict at times over having nearly no moderation at all like they have at the old place right now.
Oh I didn't mean the old place currently, God no lmao. I meant in its prime, like 2006- 2014

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Qribble. Not a big deal, embellishment. I am 100% concerned about the degree, the teaching of classes she supposedly did tho.

(I was a congressional staffer for two Members of the House of Reps from 2001-2007. I'm putting this out there so it can be taken as someone who has experience in these sort of things)

But it's not. The difference between being a staff assistant and a legislative assistant is significant. A staff assistant answers the phones, organizes the interns, takes folks on tours, orders flags flown over the capital.

A Leg Assistant attend hearings, makes vote recommendations, writes legislative language, works with other offices to sign onto letters. They are the expert in the office on whatever issues they are assigned by the Chief of Staff

A staff assistant, especially in a Senators office would never be asked to make crucial decision on legislation.

There is a pattern of behavior here that is getting harder and harder to justify.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Thanks for reminding me why I as a PoliEra regular never leave the community thread and don't post on the site much any more. We were and are not toxic, but we did often call out people when they acted in bad faith or if they regularly brigaded the thread. I will also say it's curious how you've developed this view of the community seeing as how I've never seen you post in it.
And there's a reason why, and it's that I felt I'd be attacked for posting even anything semi-progressive, even if it never even bordered on some of the conspiratorial nonsense some in the camp can be prone to.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Why has the title not been updated to reflect any of the developments since the initial story this was based on broke?

Since then the NYT has received statements from her schools, she made her own comments via Twitter and her lawyer has now dropped her.

Titles are frequently changed for much less.

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
However, no matter how many lies someone has told throughout their life, their claims should rightfully be investigated because sexual assault doesn't discriminate based on how truthful someone is. Poor decisions or committing crimes yourself doesn't mean that you can't be the target of something as or more heinous and should be allowed justice. At this point though, the frequency and now severity of some of her lies are going to undoubtedly mean that many more will believe it didn' occur, bad faith actors are going to use it as they always do for their bullshit and now several others are going to have to relive traumas because of perjur in this instance. There's are no good scenarios here.

Absolutely, accusations should always be taken seriously and investigated. I don't think any honest poster on Era disagrees with that.

But, why shouldn't honest people disbelieve her accusation at this point? You don't get something more credibility-destroying than being investigated for multiple counts of perjury in criminal trials.

May 31, 2018
Trash

Anybody could see who was trying to push this by seeing all the gifs of Bernie laughing when trying to promote her bs. This happens after Joe wins the nomination and never before? Give me a break.

I hope people start seeing that anybody can be a liar and no topic is off limits. Just ask Aziz Ansari.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
(I was a congressional staffer for two Members of the House of Reps from 2001-2007. I'm putting this out there so it can be taken as someone who has experience in these sort of things)

But it's not. The difference between being a staff assistant and a legislative assistant is significant. A staff assistant answers the phones, organizes the interns, takes folks on tours, orders flags flown over the capital.

A Leg Assistant attend hearings, makes vote recommendations, writes legislative language, works with other offices to sign onto letters. They are the expert in the office on whatever issues they are assigned by the Chief of Staff

A staff assistant, especially in a Senators office would never be asked to make crucial decision on legislation.

There is a pattern of behavior here that is getting harder and harder to justify.

Thank you for this, can this be threadmarked? I'm glad we have people that know the innerworkings of congress (I believe Matt worked in Biden's office?)

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Why has the title not been updated to reflect any of the developments since the initial story this was based on broke?

Since then the NYT has received statements from her schools, she made her own comments via Twitter and her lawyer has now dropped her.

Someone needs to click report and request the change, I've done this on numerous occasions when I felt it warranted.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

You just gotta report it.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
You're saying that only people who identify themselves as victims deserve to have their opinions heard. If Rampage hadn't told you that she was a victim, you would have continued dismissing her opinion.
You are right.

And I do feel at fault for thinking that way. I have seen so many victims being overwhelmed by goobergaters and other insecure dudebros that I couldn't help but dismiss skeptical opinions in general. Misogyny is everywhere, from the existence of a popular subreddit about women "being denied some advantage" to sites full of men who want women to be legally "bound" to them for procreation. They use skeptical messages as a dogwhistle to attract more people like them and build harassment campaigns to silence victims. I was blind to cases where skepticism is not used in such a malicious manner, and I will owe up to that.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
You are wrong.

If you want people to listen to victims, you have to treat people with respect. It sucks, but we victims and our supporters need to take a higher road to get people to listen to us. We can't use name calling, shaming, and closing ourselves off in a bubble that the right uses to divide us.

You can't just say listen to women while silencing everyone else voice. Because people like me got silenced on this board until one day I finally exploded in a ball of rage of constantly reading that people like me are rape apologist, because I was not ready to destroy Biden's life yet/ while still wanting to hear more from Tara.

People like me who are willing to swallow my own emotional pain to pragmatically vote for Joe regardless- because he is clearly better for women and victims rights than Trump every will be. Because the fight for victim rights just isn't about me, or Tara, or Ford. It about the million of women, men, children, and LGTBQ victims every day lives. We are not all going to get justice. We trying to make a future world were us having to sacrifice to protect future sufferers is a thing of the past.

While I definitely believe Biden now, more than Tara- I do really hope she gets help. This is not me saying she is "Ha, ha! batshit crazy!" This is me saying Tara has a clear pattern of lying and needs the underlying issue in her life address that is causing her to lie. Yes, I absolutely believe she is suffering some sort of trauma. To me, a bigger part of #MeToo should be not just pursuing justice, but advocating mental and life support for victims. Many of us are way beyond the statue of limitations, yet our pain still needs to be dealt with by society.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Did she attend or not? If so did she graduate? If she didn't attend, how did she get a transcript? Could it be possible they just lost her records? It's a private school so who knows what their record keeping is like.

Beyond that, how is a check forger, law school passing with no real undergrad degree become a major senator's aide? Is literally everyone on the planet incompetent? Not saying that's impossible, but it definitely raises a lot of questions.
There are answers to all these questions in the articles. And she worked in the Senate office before she went to college.
Did she attend or not? If so did she graduate? If she didn't attend, how did she get a transcript? Could it be possible they just lost her records? It's a private school so who knows what their record keeping is like.

Beyond that, how is a check forger, law school passing with no real undergrad degree become a major senator's aide? Is literally everyone on the planet incompetent? Not saying that's impossible, but it definitely raises a lot of questions.

This is absolutely right.

A staff assistant saying they were a legislative assistant is like someone in Marketing at Microsoft calling themselves a programmer.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
If you want people to listen to victims, you have to treat people with respect. It sucks, but we victims and our supporters need to take a higher road to get people to listen to us. We can't use name calling, shaming, and closing ourselves off in a bubble that the right uses to divide us.

You can't just say listen to women while silencing everyone else voice. Because people like me got silenced on this board until one day I finally exploded in a ball of rage of constantly reading that people like me are rape apologist, because I was not ready to destroy Biden's life yet/ while still wanting to hear more from Tara.

People like me who are willing to swallow my own emotional pain to pragmatically vote for Joe regardless- because he is clearly better for women and victims rights than Trump every will be. Because the fight for victim rights just isn't about me, or Tara, or Ford. It about the million of women, men, children, and LGTBQ victims every day lives. We are not all going to get justice. We trying to make a future world were us having to sacrifice to protect future sufferers is a thing of the past.

While I definitely believe Biden now, more than Tara- I do really hope she gets help. This is not me saying she is "Ha, ha! batshit crazy!" This is me saying Tara has a clear pattern of lying and needs the underlying issue in her life address that is causing her to lie. Yes, I absolutely believe she is suffering some sort of trauma. To me, a bigger part of #MeToo should be not just pursuing justice, but advocating mental and life support for victims. Many of us are way beyond the statue of limitations, yet our pain still needs to be dealt with by society.

This is an abundantly positive and hopeful post

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

*sigh* I hate getting into these metadiscussions of moderation but I think this is starting to become a matter of public safety now.

I remember a couple weeks ago when a bunch of apparent lurkers started posting in PoliEra with effluent praise to get access to offsite resources, and then at least a couple of them turned out to be bad actors from other sites who as I understand leaked information from some prominent regular posters. PoliEra didn't seem to have much issue with lurkers giving their opinion on the state of the community then. And when these people were the ones who were going out of their way to compliment people who were banned on this site repeatedly for doing things like justifying literal war crimes, not just for any discussion of the Reade affair (in which case their actioned posts were more of a straw-on-the-camel's-back thing), well, I think PoliEra has started to see its its own ability to exist as a virtue in and of itself and doesn't understand how that very attitude is making it hard to maintain the safety of its posters against bad actors willing to flatter it.

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's a valid counterpoint because I don't see it being true. There are certainly toxic parts but it's definitely not widely spread.
And there's a reason why, and it's that I felt I'd be attacked for posting even anything semi-progressive, even if it never even bordered on some of the conspiratorial nonsense some in the camp can be prone to.
What I see is certain "progressive" posters are the ones being toxic and continue to be toxic attacking anyone and everyone they disagree with. It has happened constantly especially when they are defending Bernie.

I don't post in it either but I don't see what they are saying as being true.

Nov 1, 2017
Absolutely, accusations should always be taken seriously and investigated. I don't think any honest poster on Era disagrees with that.

But, why shouldn't honest people disbelieve her accusation at this point? You don't get something more credibility-destroying than being investigated for multiple counts of perjury in criminal trials.
I mean I don't think that I said or implied someone couldn't.

One reason I personally wouldn't is because the instances of perjury came after the alleged rape. A second reason would be that I know of someone that's a pathological liar but has a documented nearly fatal sexual assault. Their lies don't refute what happened to them but many treated it that way and then felt horrible once shown they were wrong.

Sexual assault in prisons and juvenile detention centers is a major problem. Amongst those are some that have lied in court. That wouldn't mean that without explicit evidence that any claims made by them regarding sexual abuse would be false.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't think that I said or implied someone couldn't.

One reason I personally wouldn't is because the instances of perjury came after the alleged rape. A second reason would be that I know of someone that's a pathological liar but has a documented nearly fatal sexual assault. Their lies don't refute what happened to them but many treated it that way and then felt horrible once shown they were wrong.

Sexual assault in prisons and juvenile detention centers is a major problem. Amongst those are some that have lied in court. That wouldn't mean that without explicit evidence that any claims made by them regarding sexual abuse would be false.

Sure but thats exactly why the investigation into Biden himself is also paramount and clearly was handled well by the best journalists we have to offer.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
You would not be attacked for merely posting anything progressive in the thread. Despite what you may have heard, we're not centrist but instead liberal posters who are much more inclined to agree with progressive viewpoints.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
look back to the venues she unveiled her revised claim. No scrutiny. No journalism.
debuting with hashtag "demexit" did her no favors either.
but then she wanted to claim it wasn't political.

Mods said it's fine to call Biden a rapist, just that it's (now) not ok to call other posters rape apologists because they've decided to vote for him.
yea'd be great if we stopped labeling everyone, from era members to non era members.
literally every day its reductionist stuff if you support X you're a trash human, or Biden is a rapist, as if it were confirmed. Human beings are not the sum of the best or worst thing they've ever done.

As unfortunate as this entire situation has been, I'm taking it with a silver lining.
Imagine if she had come out hard with her allegations in late October / early November, cost Biden the election and THEN we found out about all of this shit.

See... that would have been worse.
man, that would be an october surprise that would suuuck

ive been on GAF/Resetera for 14+ years and i've literally never heard this.
furthermore its nice actually having people that follow politics in depth to get their take on things or to provide context for polls or certain events.

the whole situation is fucked. potentially setting back public perception of metoo, potentially freeing 20+ convicted abusers.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I don't think that's a valid counterpoint because I don't see it being true. There are certainly toxic parts but it's definitely not widely spread.
What I see is certain "progressive" posters are the ones being toxic and continue to be toxic attacking anyone and everyone they disagree with. It has happened constantly especially when they are defending Bernie.

I don't post in it either but I don't see what they are saying as being true.
Then it's gonna be very much agree to disagree, because my experiences with PoliEra were always the other way around, i.e. neoliberal posters who made the OT feel unwelcoming to people who didn't share their particular brand of politics even nothing they posted was offensive or even a bad take (tho obviously there are people in political threads outside of the PoliEra OT who post some shit that is way too defensive of Bernie when it shouldn't be).

I'll drop it tho, because I am forgetting myself that there are actual people behind these keyboards, and most of them do care about the same causes I care about and we're all just getting heated about it like we should.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
You are wrong.

So your solution is to have every single person air out their past trauma so you don't try to silence them, and everyone else deserves to be assumed a bad actor as a matter of course? My point here is that YOU DON'T KNOW what people have been through. You've been assuming that dissenting voices are bad actors based on NOTHING.

If you assume everyone is acting in bad faith without them confirming their circumstances before they can post (without being dogpiled or aggressively mocked), you're adding a requirement to identify their trauma before they post. Should we start adding labels to people so this experience completely defines their identities on this board to satisfy your absurd requirement? Maybe we can give everyone who has experienced racism a racism survivor tag, and do the same across all topics so we can know exactly who can post about what.

And it seems you've ignored that many men also experience assault, which is par for the course with society I guess.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018

Fantastic post.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Then it's gonna be very much agree to disagree, because my experiences with PoliEra were always the other way around, i.e. neoliberal posters who made the OT feel unwelcoming to people who didn't share their particular brand of politics even nothing they posted was offensive or even a bad take (tho obviously there are people in political threads outside of the PoliEra OT who post some shit that is way too defensive of Bernie when it shouldn't be).

I'll drop it tho, because I am forgetting myself that there are actual people behind these keyboards, and most of them do care about the same causes I care about and we're all just getting heated about it like we should.

The fact that you uniroically use that term about poliera shows everything we need to know about your interactions with that community.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
The fact that you uniroically use that term about poliera shows everything we need to know about your interactions with that community.
???

While it is brandied around by some as a broad insult, it's an actual descriptor and ideology that many prominent members of PoliEra would accurately fall into (as do many mainstream Democratic party leaders, such as the Clintons, which isn't controversial or all that disputed).

Nawid

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Off-Topic Hostility; Account in Junior Phase
I honestly don't think so. I mean Poli-ERA is an extension of PoliGAF which was peak neoliberal wank fest

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

Her lawyers dropped her? That should also be threadmarked, yeah we need an update to the title and OP if possible.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Ñ

Agreed. When I got into GAF and then ERA, I never touched the POLI community because their brand is not only unwelcoming, but toxic. Feels like r/neoliberal but here, which is eww.. -seems a lot of what I saw from GAF time has changed. Making the statement obsolete-

Hell, I think I'll stay away from politics in general from now on. When my supposed political aligned people act bloodthirsty (as in wanting Biden so bad to be a rapist), you know it's time to stay away for a while (btw, I know it's not all of you.

As a Youtuber that I follow, and that is hated here, said "You say liberals hate lefties more than they hate fascist. But it's the fucking same with you, it seems. Lefties hating liberals more than they hate fascist. Un fucking believable" -quote by an awesome anarcho-syndicalist.

That said, I admit I fell into the hate bandwagon, but I learned from it.

Last edited:

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Truth should be a founding value of our society.
There's of course times where we need to extrapolate from incomplete information, but stopping the seeking of truth because the partial extrapolation fits with our worldview is root of most of the issues in modern day democracy.
Just wanted to highlight this part of your post again. Couldn't be more spot-on.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think so. I mean Poli-ERA is an extension of PoliGAF which was peak neoliberal wank fest

Again. a community of mostly warren/ and a few bernie supporters was neoliberal. Which shows how toxic the OT has become about labeling people with terms they dont even understand.

Hint: Just about nobody from that community had biden in their top three choices, but you all revise history to suit yourselves.

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
???

While it is brandied around by some as a broad insult, it's an actual descriptor and ideology that many prominent members of PoliEra would accurately fall into (as do many mainstream Democratic party leaders, such as the Clintons, which isn't controversial or all that disputed).
The only reason why you call them neo liberal is because some of them didn't 100% agree with the things(or I this case one particular person who ran for president twice and lost) you agree with. Period.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, who even gives a shit if someone is neoliberal (I assume means a moderate democrat). As long as they are arguing in good faith, why can't we hear them out? Do we have to live in a bubble and not be confronted with opinions different than our own?