Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First 5 have been excellent. The last sitcom I've watched that has this much heart would probably be Scrubs (thanks Bill Lawrence!).

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad OP is banned. It was deserved just for this OP, regardless of what other infraction he may have caused.

Episode 5 hit real close to home for me

Wife and I decided to get a divorce back in June, and the things Ted's wife was saying the morning after they had the good day together were literally things I said to my wife in the past. "I'll keep trying" "Is this what marriage is?" "Why can't I get that feeling back like I had in the beginning". I was hard to watch but somewhat cathartic knowing I'm not the only one who's been in that position.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
I was bored one evening and decided to watch the first episode and then marathoned like four of them. I really love this show and it was completely unexpected. It's hilarious and makes me feel the same way as when I watched Upload on Amazon. That was another show that I didn't think I would enjoy as much as I did and that's full of heart and well-timed humor.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
I am thoroughly enjoying it. Wish I could just fly through 4 seasons of this. The trailer for it doesn't do it justice, and I had no idea about the previous sketches and character, but I absolutely needed the tone and story that this show has. For some reason, it reminds me of Brigsby Bear, about a character that is unflappable, relentlessly uncynical, and at first, he's made fun of, but every episode stuff happens, and it's just extremely enjoyable to watch it unfold. It's sort of like Friday Night Lights where you can have no interest in sports whatsoever and still enjoy. Also, it's funny.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Can we make this the shows OT? I think it'd suit this shows themes of optimism in the face of cynicism.
Just watched the most recent episode and this show just keeps on getting better!

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
"Nice to see you again"
"Nice to meet you."
"Erm, nice to meet you."

I'm absolutely loving this show.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I've also been enjoying this show quite a lot. It's not amazingly original, but it's just a really well done feel good filler of a show.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
OP
giphy.gif

Lol I see what you did there.

I love the show, it's so amazingly funny with good 'adult' humour while also being one of the most wholesome things I've watched. Absolutely amazing, Friday night has been Ted Lasso night for the last few weeks for us.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
yeah, it's pretty good if you have apple TV+. For All Makind, Ted Lasso and to a lesser, extent Mythic Quest are good shows, better than all but the top tier Netflix offerings (the really good stuff like Glow, Mindhunter, or Stranger Things. I'm about 4 eps in so far.

also Hannah Waddingham. Who knew?

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 6 was so freaking good. Great character work with the setup of the episode and the curse. This show really does get better every single episode.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
I like this show - it has a nice feel good aura about it which I can def use to escape our current hellscape.

Edit: And funny that the owner is the Shame lady haha.

The Llama

Oct 27, 2017
Like others ITT I am somewhat shocked at just how good this show is. One of the biggest and best surprises in recent memory.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I watched this all yesterday and need more. This show has no business being this good, but I'm laughing my ass off

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed with everyone else, really pleasantly surprised with the show. Rare to find a heart warming show these days, it treads the line very well between heartwarming and cheesy, would recommend to anyone.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
Another awesome episode, maybe one of my favorites yet.

Not sure if anyone else got The Morning Show vibes towards the end. Maybe it's the music selection, the great acting and quality production?

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can totally tell this is a Bill Lawrence show by the way it so deftly combines comedy with drama. This newest episode had me laughing so hard the first half, and the ending had me tearing up. Fantastic show and cannot recommend enough.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Another solid episode, show hasn't slipped on me yet.

The whole bit with the team watching The Iron Giant and coach casually lobbing a box of tissues on the table killed me.

Nate roasting the team was :chefkiss:

And the whole dynamic of Rebecca and Keely being friends is so weird just in terms of how it developed, but I'm here for it, and it's probably one of the better character dynamics in the show.

But Ted getting more dark/sad is maybe the highlight here, having an outburst at Nate, the whole thing with signing divorce papers, and the panic attack. I felt all of it, especially the panic attack in the middle of karaoke.

My only experience with Bill Lawrence TV shows is season 1 of Scrubs, but I really get the same vibe with the show so far.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
I just started watching and was surprised to see it starts as the plot of Major League. I am enjoying the show.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Started watching this on a whim because I remembered this thread and episode 1 was free.

I now have an Apple TV+ sub and I've watched them all so far...

Favourite line was when Rebecca said Man City have him on loan and are going to take it back and Ted shouted "Manchester is going to take his house!?"

I hope Jamie comes back I was starting to warm to him

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Favourite line was when Rebecca said Man City have him on loan and are going to take it back and Ted shouted "Manchester is going to take his house!?"
God I love how well this show does "dumb foreigner" jokes like this. I think it's the first episode, but there's one where Ted is trying to work phrases into normal conversations, and uses "in to touch" a few times.

There's another joke I really enjoyed about tabloid headlines in the UK. They all are very alliterative and have great rhyming, and then they're making some good fake ones

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the episode.

We thought it was really curious how the wife was pushing to have the papers signed immediately and while she knew he was on an away game, that she had something cooking on her end, but it seems perhaps a plot contrivance to keep things on the up and up on Ted's end.

Oh and i saw that it was already renewed for season 2. I'm not sure how this one plays across multiple seasons, but we'll find out, season 1 is fantastic.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Oh and i saw that it was already renewed for season 2. I'm not sure how this one plays across multiple seasons, but we'll find out, season 1 is fantastic.

Ted gets hired for a cricket team, doesn't understand the game and hilarity ensues.

Nah. The writing and humor is top notch. I'll watch anything this crew puts together.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a sweet show, although not laugh out loud funny very often. A lot of the management stuff strains belief too, ie they have an injured player show up after recovering but no-one knows that he's even on the team or what his skill set is.

And some of the characters are very basic in how they can be boiled down to a simple archetype. BUT all that being said, I'm really enjoying the show. It's greater than the sum of its parts, and definitely a show I needed in this dumpster fire of a year.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how every episode is a winner

Plus I tweeted a few times about it and got liked and retweeted by Sudekis account!

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
"Do you wanna get back to me when you calm down and remember how to talk?"

*Grunt*

Hehe Roy is the best character

CapNBritain

Oct 26, 2017
California
Oh man I actually thought that last week's episode was the end of the season. I was pleasantly surprised to find a new episode and it was great! I'm glad it isn't done yet and I'm both excited and scared for Rebecca's reckoning because she's my favorite character.

Oct 26, 2017
The dodecahedron joke was so funny. Love this show. Sad there is only two episodes left of this season, but I actually like shows that stick to fewer episodes. And they've covered a ton of ground in just 8 episodes.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
i do believe in ghosts... but more importantly I hope they believe in themselves.... this show just gives me a smile for 30 minutes.. so damn wholesome.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
Great episode and show. Between this, Servant, Defending Jacob, and For All Mankind/The Morning Show, Apple TV+ has been hitting it out of the park lately.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Love love love this show! Just such a fun 30 minute getaway each week.

Ted and his milk puns had me dying this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.