Status
Not open for further replies.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Looks like some good shit on the way. All for free still. Completely forgot Cecily Strong has a show coming up soon.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The OP underestimating Ted Lasso is somehow the perfect OP for Ted Lasso.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like some good shit on the way. All for free still. Completely forgot Cecily Strong has a show coming up soon.

Doesn't explicitly say "New Season" for Ted Lasso, but I'm taking this sizzle reel to mean that it's coming up this year anyway since I think they've been filming already.

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished this show after starting yesterday (I came across a slew of recs in the recent Apple TV thread). Man, what a fuckin brilliant show. This is probably the most enjoyable show for me since GLOW. Just tons of lovable characters that'll put a smile on your face 30 minutes at a time only to go on to break your heart just so it can pick you back up again. Just loved it, and can't wait for the Diamond Dogs to return

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Our boy Ted (and other members of the cast and Bill Lawerence) will be at Paleyfest this year. They'll be holding their talk on April 1st.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just found this on Macrumors:
The initial slate of programming will be available to the public starting on March 30, with additional releases on March 31 and April 1 on the Paley Center's dedicated channel on Yahoo Entertainment. Citi cardmembers and The Paley Center for Media members will have early access to the programming starting March 26.
So looks like there are some options. Cool. Looking forward to it!

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
Got recommended this show over the weekend, watched the first episode and then next thing I knew it was 5am and I had just finished the the 10th episode, so good! Def surpassed my expectations as I had none going in! Haha.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
That was my favorite show last year until I watched Ted Lasso. Overall it's good and sometimes I rewatch that 5th episode A Dark Quiet Death (it's so good). Or the 10th episode with the quarantine.
Ep. 5 is one of my favorite episodes of all time. It was so good and imo changed how I felt about the show. Will Poppy and Ian break the curse?

Shambles

Oct 25, 2017
So, Roy Kent is totally based on Roy Keane right?

Loved the show by the way. I like how there are some nice little in jokes for people who've been following the premier league for years.

"Harry Redknapp's rang three times"

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was reading some comments on a Twitter post Jake Tapper made about the show, and someone posted this image of a group pic from season 2. Spoilers about a certain character below!

EvRK2ysWYAsSV6d
Tart is back with AFC Richmond (or at least he looks like he's back considering the jersey), Kent is surprisingly absent (though the actor is a writer for the show, so don't assume they wrote him off).

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So first off, Sudekis totally deserved the Golden Globe.

Second, lol at the OP.

Third, I'm so excited to see Season 2. I hope it comes out before my wife's Apple+ subscription (which keeps getting pushed out!) ends, but probably not lol.

Fourth, but probably mentioned earlier in this thread: holy cow do I hate Giles from Buffy in this (I know the actor's name is Anthony Head). He is SO GOOD at being so TERRIBLE. Ugh, I hate that guy. Really good job of acting there.

Last edited:

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That scene in Ted Lasso where he breaks down and the positivity is gone. Yeah, thinking about that. Trying to maintain stability with a bunch of people who are unstable when you've got your own stuff going on. Know that well.

DOA

Oct 26, 2017
Fourth, but probably mentioned earlier in this thread: holy cow do I hate Giles from Buffy in this (I know the actor's name is Anthony Head). He is SO GOOD at being so TERRIBLE. Ugh, I hate that guy. Really good job of acting there.

you know a person is really good in acting, when you hate the character sooooo much, that you're surprised to see that the person is very likable

Oct 25, 2017
I'd been waiting on this for a bit and ended up staying up until three in the morning watching it all in one go.

It was exactly what I needed. Just people being wildly kind to each other. I love the characters so much. Nate is the best. I just want to hug him.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Watched all the episodes in one sitting and absolutely love it. Can't wait till the next season and it has inspired me to download Football Manager 2021 to screw around with until the new season

Presice

Mar 1, 2018
This show really surprised me. After watching the first episode I really didn't think much of Jason Sudekis character and him in this acting role. But by the end of the season I found him and the rest of the characters to be well developed and enjoyable. The only thing that threw me off a bit was Ted's divorce story line. I'd recommend trying the first couple episodes as it took me a little bit for Ted's charm to go from feeling fake to being genuine.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This show really surprised me. After watching the first episode I really didn't think much of Jason Sudekis character and him in this acting role. But by the end of the season I found him and the rest of the characters to be well developed and enjoyable. The only thing that threw me off a bit was Ted's divorce story line. I'd recommend trying the first couple episodes as it took me a little bit for Ted's charm to go from feeling fake to being genuine.

This was my experience, looking back, entirely.

At least the divorce arc was very short, helped give a little more humanity to Ted, and ended straight-up abruptly. They were like "BAM! It's over. Ted walks out of this hotel room and we'll never have to face that gloom again. Happy times".

Too bad the OP is banned. Who will now create the OT for the next season? 😅

I can no longer create threads because I made too many stupid OP's while drunk, otherwise I'd do so. But if anyone is interested the PR landing page:

www.apple.com

Ted Lasso - Apple TV+ Press

Download and view the latest press images, press contacts and information for Apple Original "Ted Lasso" on Apple TV+.

And the key art:

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
I just watched afterlife on Netflix and it reminds me of Ted Lasso in its goodness and kindness. It's truly amazing that Gervais managed to make something so touching while remaining funny. It made me cry as much as Lasso.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Was gonna post this the other night, but ERA was down. Certainly keeps those good Lasso vibes going.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This was my experience, looking back, entirely.

At least the divorce arc was very short, helped give a little more humanity to Ted, and ended straight-up abruptly. They were like "BAM! It's over. Ted walks out of this hotel room and we'll never have to face that gloom again. Happy times".
He was going through a split with Olivia Wilde in real life, so I don't think he wanted that particular storyline to drag. Also, it's nice that the characters weren't put through the usual hesitation drama.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just rewatched the complete first season and I honestly think I'm gonna do another rewatch before season 2 hits. This show is just too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.