• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
DWCIq9KUQAABqCw.jpg

Directors: Aaron Horvath, Peter Rida Michail
Screenplay: Aaron Horvath,, Michael Jelenic
Studio: Warner Brothers
Cast: Greg Cipes as Beast Boy, Scott Menville as Robin, Khary Payton as Cyborg, Tara Strong as Raven, Hynden Walch as Starfire, Nic Cage as Superman, Lil Yachty as Green Lantern, Halsey as Wonder Woman, Will Arnett as Slade, Kirsten Bell as Jade Wilson
Release Date: July 27th, 2018 in the US. For the rest of the world go here.
Movie Info:
When the Teen Titans go to the big screen, they go big! "Teen Titans GO! to the Movies" finds our egocentric, wildly satirical Super Heroes in their first feature film extravaganza - a fresh, gleefully clever, kid-appropriately crass and tongue-in-cheek play on the superhero genre, complete with musical numbers. It seems to the Teens that all the major superheroes out there are starring in their own movies everyone but the Teen Titans, that is! But de facto leader Robin is determined to remedy the situation, and be seen as a star instead of a sidekick. If only they could get the hottest Hollywood film director to notice them. With a few madcap ideas and a song in their heart, the Teen Titans head to Tinsel Town, certain to pull off their dream. But when the group is radically misdirected by a seriously super villain and his maniacal plan to take over the Earth, things really go awry. The team finds their friendship and their fighting spirit failing, putting the very fate of the Teen Titans themselves on the line!

Check out the review thread for spoiler-free impressions and general discussion.
TTG2.JPG
Spoilers henceforth, be warned.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i know spoilers are unmarked but still

allegedly there's a 03 TT tease in the post credits

Oct 27, 2017
My daughter wants to go and see this. I quite like the TV show in small doses but I feel like a whole film might give me a migraine.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
The "special event" episode leading up to the movie was pretty good. Really love when they can poke fun at themselves and DC. I'll probably see the movie when it is on demand or something

Im really interested if the movie does anything with the artstyle like the show constantly does.

I don't remember this Lego style

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
>Nic Cage as Superman, Lil Yachty as Green Lantern, Halsey as Wonder Woman, Will Arnett as Slade, Kirsten Bell as Jade Wilson

Dat supporting actor cast

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Cool article about the importance of this movie as a 2d animated movie

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature...eryone-should-be-paying-attention-162111.html

It's a major rarity: a fully-2d animated feature receiving a wide release (3,000+ theaters) by one of the majors (Disney/Universal/WB/Fox/Sony/Paramount). The last time this happened, if I'm not mistaken, was nearly a decade ago, in 2009, when Disney released The Princess and the Frog.

[...]

If it's a success, it could open the eyes of Hollywood, and inspire big American studios to pursue more diverse types of animated features. The belief among the majors that every animated feature needs to be a $60-200 million cg extravaganza is long overdue for reappraisal.

Because TTG! is budgeted so modestly, it doesn't need to earn a $100 million for it to be considered a financial success by its studio. Even a respectable box office total of $50 million might be more than enough to make this a profitable venture for Warner Bros. And anything more than that would make it a very profitable film.

[...]

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies could become an important film in its own right, showing that if the content is right, 2d animated films still have a place in major U.S. studio line-ups.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Never goes as entirely crazy as the show but it comes close a few times. Don't expect equity jokes or Dennis Reynolds level freakouts.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
i know spoilers are unmarked but still

allegedly there's a 03 TT tease in the post credits

According to a friend of mine

It's the 2003 Titans saying they have a chance to return but the screen quickly cuts to black preventing them from doing so. LMAO

There's also a joke about BvS 2 being about Bats and Supes realizing their fathers have different names, which makes them fight again

Last edited:

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm 50 years old and I love Teen Titans Go. So pookie. I'm going to see this movie. I don't care if it's appropriate or not. GIMME POPCORN!!

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i'll at the very least give it a rent but it looks funny enough to see in theaters.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
I could get behind a new season of original Titans with all the hindsight and nuance the Go! Writers have.

Having recently rewatched the original run the writing is fairly flat. The season arcs feel like afterthoughts. The designs and voice acting are great and I'd like to see them in service of some good writing.

A_Jazzy_Book

Oct 27, 2017
Can't tell if this is another troll by the TTG writers or not.
Yeah, honestly XD. I want to believe, but these guys love to troll about this so we'll see lol.

Will probably check this out later on, not a fan of the show, but that second trailer was solid. If very successful, maybe this can bring a return to 2D theatrical films. Can only hope.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
"I liked it! I will say there were more butt/fart jokes than even I can stand in a normal episode. They also re-used a few too many jokes within the film instead of making new ones or picking from the large selection the show has.

Overall, it was like 1 bad and several really good Teen Titans Go! Episodes mashed together. I was smiling through most of the film and it has a lot of the energy that makes me like the show. So that's a victory for me!

Now to listen to that Teen Titans Go rap for an entire day once I can get my hands on it."

Quoted from my impressions in the Review Thread.

In other news, did they just tease a Lauren Faust Batgirl show? I'd maybe consider giving that a watch.

And the movie was enjoyable! It wasn't as good as a Teen Titans Go! Movie could have ever been, but we certainly got one of the better futures.

Last edited:

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
You don't have to be a fan of the show to enjoy this right?

Not that I dislike GO or anything, I just never had the time to catch it when it's on.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
"I liked it! I will say there were more butt/fart jokes than even I can stand in a normal episode.

Overall, it was like 1 bad and several really good Teen Titans Go! Episodes mashed together. I was smiling through most of the film and it has a lot of the energy that makes me like the show. So that's a victory for me!

Now to listen to that Teen Titans Go rap for an entire day once I can get my hands on it."

Quoted from my impressions in the Review Thread.

In other news, did they just tease a Lauren Faust Batgirl show? I'd maybe consider giving that a watch.

And the movie was enjoyable! It wasn't as good as a Teen Titans Go! Movie could have ever been, but we certainly got one of the better futures.

I just assumed it was a short from the new Cartoon Network series.
Same character design/voice acting
I did like the Batgirl version of the Adam West theme.
You don't have to be a fan of the show to enjoy this right?

Not that I dislike go or anything, I just never had the time to catch it when it's on.
Not at all, I've probably seen like 30 episodes of the show and love the movie