DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
This is available during player matches if I understand correctly. If true that is a game changer. One reason I never got into Tekken is learning punishes. Every opponent has hundreds of moves its insane to learn. With this you can learn much quicker that this hopkick from that dude is punishable once you get it with it in the set.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, I don't mind paying for the feature. It costed man power to add to the game and took time away from creating more characters. I agree it should have been release during initial release. However, this may lay down the foundation for Tekken 8.

It's part of the Season Pass right? I don't really mind much since I'm getting it for new characters anyway. It's the best fighting game this gen imo so f it.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So this game finally has a replay system like SFV? All of your matches are automatically saved and you can view them whenever you want?

They really charging for this shit?

SFV:AE too.

latest
My bad I forgot about that

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
As a beginner, this is a GODSEND.

And 4-5€ is nothing for this. I can't believe people are whining about it and I am someone who can't spend a lot on games.

I'm going to support it as I want to see it implenented as default in all future Tekkens.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
You wouldn't be happier if it was free like everywhere else?
Charging is obviously dumb. On the other hand, T7 is a really old game at this point (and it's still the best fighter out right now) so I kind of understand the fact that they need revenue to justify the continued work.
There's no "on the other hand".
They're already getting more revenue with S3 DLC, and the game has been profitable a long time ago. It's not some small game where it's hard justifying adding such a basic feature.
As a beginner, this is a GODSEND.

And 4-5€ is nothing for this. I can't believe people are whining about it and I am someone who can't spend a lot on games.

I'm going to support it as I want to see it implenented as default in all future Tekkens.
It's free by default in any other game. It shouldn't be a "buy this or we won't put in good features in future games" situation.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Wait, why was the title changed to remove the fact that the framedata is locked behind paid DLC?
That featue is free for everyone.
And I'm not even sure which other game has it. Can you name one?
My bad, I thought you meant all the features. Because outside of the tips thing (that I don't really believe will work that well), everything else is in other games for free.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Didn't VF5: FS have like the exact same thing for free?

Yep. That tip system has been in VF since VF4. All games that give frame data though do it for free so charging for it is beyond the pale for me.

Also, there could be potential for rollback in a future Tekken game since from what I heard lately that a replay feature is one of the things you already in place to build rollback netcode on.

Oct 25, 2017
My bad, I thought you meant all the features. Because outside of the tips thing (that I don't really believe will work that well), everything else is in other games for free.
The replay mode is way better than in other current fighting games, it's kind of ground-breaking.
I personally don't care about the frame-data, I've had an app for that for two years, that won't change anything for me.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
For the frame data, Like 4$ is not a big deal to me personally, and I have the season pass already anyways.

But I get what people are saying about the principal of it all. It should had been there from the beginning .

The 3 features are really cool.

Let have real talk though, if Capcom charged for frame data, people would be burning them down left and right, heh.

But did y'all actually watch the tourney? Pakistan destroying everybody!

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Let have real talk though, if Capcom charged for frame data, people would be burning them down left and right, heh.

But did y'all actually watch the tourney? Pakistan destroying everybody!

Oh yeah, people are less lenient to Capcom for sure. But then again they had so many missteps with SFV that people get more irritated with their fuckups.

Pakistani players wrecking everyone lol.

Fantasma

Nov 16, 2017
Can't say I'd be thrilled for another go around with Tekken 7...especially with the sort of "take it or leave it" attitude I'm seeing from Harada.

I'd give it another go with Tekken 8 if all these features PLUS UnderNight/Xrd style tutorials & missions where included day 1. But otherwise, as an inexperienced fg player there's just...other fighting games, like. And this is coming from someone who really liked Tekken 7 and put a lot of time into it

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Nice but too little too late for me since i dropped the game at the end of season 2 and season 3 doesn't interest me in the least. got my two years worth outta the game and have no plans or desire to become some world champion player so couldn't care less about learning frame data and all that stuff just to be some online warrior with high rankis and nothing else to show for it especially nickel and diming people for the feature who don't have the season pass. Will wait for Tekken 8 before jumping back into this series.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting response..
Boy oh boy how things have changed.
Harada said:
@Harada_TEKKEN
12th Aug 2012 from Twitlonger

Yeah, but We are not! right?

I'll say again.

CHARACTERS DLC are FREE,
STAGES DLC are FREE,
SWIMSUITS are FREE,
Extra COSTUME are FREE,
and If you buy New copy,
Online pass are FREE for Console system, It works for MULTIPLE ACCOUNT = You don't need buy extra pass for your Brothers or Sisters or Parents. and all offline mode = No need pass.
It's NOT EXTRA CHARGE system for new copy of TTT2.

and I'll add more DLC Characters & Stages and On-line additional capability DLC / UPDATE, BUT It will be FREE.

If it is still dissatisfied for you, We need to quit development of a game.

RT @DiamondDynamoe It just goes to show how hot of an issue this has been made because other developers' misuse of DLC and passes. :(

He's never going to let Tekken Tag 2 go. Man campaigned to have all DLC free. Thought it was a genius move. Then it ended up not setting the world on fire. Now he's on that enjoy season pass hell bandwagon.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charging for frame data is stupid, they are clearly trying to milk the dedicated crowd.

It should be a basic feature and has been in other games (VF5, DOA, NRS games etc.).

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
For beginners' the replay system that tells you where you failed to punish is the biggest and most important addition the game couldve had.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I have to applaud them for the replay feature.......but the game should have had normal replays (and a battle log) since the day it released. It's good they went an extra step with it.

The frame data shenanigans is just dumb though.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The color frame data has been in the game si center day 1.
No it wasn't. The colour indicator in the training mode showed whether or not your character had recovered from an animation or not. It didn't specify frame advantage/disadvantage or the severity of it, you had to gauge that manually from how quickly one character recovered before the other.

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
No it wasn't. The colour indicator in the training mode showed whether or not your character had recovered from an animation or not. It didn't specify frame advantage/disadvantage or the severity of it, you had to gauge that manually from how quickly one character recovered before the other.
You are right. I should have clarified.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While this is great, it's disappointing that they're charging for a feature that Capcom & NRS give you for free (the frame data part).

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
That replay and tips feature and punishment trainer is fucking groundbreaking for Fighting games. Like this is the type of shit people have been asking for forever to help them get better at FGs.

Paying for frame data is sorta scummy. Its clearly a way to get a bit of money out of the dedicated players who havent already purchased the season pass(ie me) but personally, I'm willing to shell out $4 for that big of a feature.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The most funny thing is that they could have avoided backlash by saying that the money they get from frame data DLC is going to the prize pool of the Tekken World Tour (which was hilariously low last years compared to other games, even much less bigger).

They clearly need better PR.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
While this is great, it's disappointing that they're charging for a feature that Capcom & NRS give you for free (the frame data part).

Sega in VF and Koei Tecmo in DOA as well, frame data is a standard and free feature in many fighting games, no idea how people are defending Tekken's being paid .

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The simple color coded version seems far more useful than the numbers tbh.
Nope, frame data will be more accurate if you understand how it works. It'll let you know exactly what moves you could throw out depending on recovery, something the color-coded advantage will never tell you.

These are some really nice features, a shame they're being a paywall though. I understand manpower was involved and it ain't free, but if the revenue from the sale of other DLC could cover it, I wish they had simply made this a free update.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"Don't ask me for FREE shit!" - Harada

Really lame of Harada to do this when just about every game offers frame data for free. Going to be a bad precedence moving forward..

I like Tekken and T7... but people are defending this are using the age old "it's ok when MY company does it" defense.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, people are less lenient to Capcom for sure. But then again they had so many missteps with SFV that people get more irritated with their fuckups.

Pakistani players wrecking everyone lol.

It's cool to see the Koreans and Japanese getting steamrolled but they really need to take the nerf sledgehammer to Akuma. There's zero question that the character is overpowered.

The simple color coded version seems far more useful than the numbers tbh.

Not really. The number of frames you have available after recovery defines a lot of what you can do in Tekken since everything from punishing to sidestepping to ducking to partying takes a certain number of frames. E.g. if I'm at -6 or more, I know that it's unlikely that I'll be able to step in time to avoid a retaliation.

Oct 25, 2017
Ironically, great precedent being set here for training mode features being paid DLC (even more for frame data that fans will analyze and put on wikis and mobile apps for free).
Unironically, great precedent being set by the recommended punishes feature existing at all.

One step forward, two steps back.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think people realize how huge of a feature the Punishment Training is for Tekken, especially for newcomers. Like that is arguably a bigger deal than the frame data, and its free.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We got a huge rebalance and new moves for every characters as well as play stats. On top of that we're getting punishment training, replays and a tip system that tells you where you could have done better, in one season. for FREE.

Saying "it's ok when my company does it" as a rebuttal implies that there is another fighting game company going to the same extent of free content being offered *every* year.

They don't even charge for extra costumes when you buy a character either. They come bundled with.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think people realize how huge of a feature the Punishment Training is for Tekken, especially for newcomers. Like that is arguably a bigger deal than the frame data, and its free.

Yeah, punishment training and punishment tips on replays are huge. I see myself using the replay tips a ton if I'm struggling with matchups. It's really smart to add it as a way of analyzing real matches instead of just locking it into practice.

Frame data being available is also a nice convenience. I can't get too worked up over the $4 - a lot of work went into all this.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
We got a huge rebalance and new moves for every characters as well as play stats. On top of that we're getting punishment training, replays and a tip system that tells you where you could have done better, in one season. for FREE.

Saying "it's ok when my company does it" as a rebuttal implies that there is another fighting game company going to the same extent of free content being offered *every* year.

They don't even charge for extra costumes when you buy a character either. They come bundled with.
Yeah, punishment training and punishment tips on replays are huge. I see myself using the replay tips a ton if I'm struggling with matchups. It's really smart to add it as a way of analyzing real matches instead of just locking it into practice.

Frame data being available is also a nice convenience. I can't get too worked up over the $4 - a lot of work went into all this.

Exactly....like I'm legit struggling to think of a FG that not only tells you what moves are punishable but ALSO what to punish with...and in real-time in replays...that is legitimately groundbreaking stuff and had to be a huge amount of work to implement.

It's the sort of thing that would help beginners way more than any overlong tutorial ever would and keeps them playing the game online against other beginners instead of going through a hypothetical, unrealistically in depth story mode.

Throwing them $4 for the level of detail, care, and thought they put into this is nothing, imo.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
To go back to an earlier ERA topic:

Fighting games are difficult to learn and become good at.

Tools like this that help people see what advanced players see bridge that gap.

The adoption of these features should be widely encouraged in all fighting games.

Techno