• Victor

Votes: 123 16.1%
  • Reina

Votes: 488 64.0%

• Total voters

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
ive been playing kazuya a while and decided to play around and learn jin.

while hes easier (i feel like he has waaaay better normals and strings than kazuya) i feel like I always suck ass in neutral and also, is it only me or does finding out what work on the wall (or the optimal string finishes on walls) is super hard? these characters movesets are too big lol.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017

while hes easier (i feel like he has waaaay better normals and strings than kazuya) i feel like I always suck ass in neutral and also, is it only me or does finding out what work on the wall (or the optimal string finishes on walls) is super hard? these characters movesets are too big lol.

Wall stuff, like all combos, it's just easier to watch someone else and steal what they do. I've been playing Tekken for 12 years and I can manipulate the wall system as I please, but I couldn't explain in plain english how it works lol.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Wall stuff, like all combos, it's just easier to watch someone else and steal what they do. I've been playing Tekken for 12 years and I can manipulate the wall system as I please, but I couldn't explain in plain english how it works lol.

absolutely, but thats also part of my problem

some of these videos i watch i see them do a string ive NEVER seen before (basically just used for the wall) and obviously input commands arent on so it takes ages to find what it actually is

and thats such a funny problem to have because the only reason for it is because of the 10473 moves every character has

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Months in and I'm still getting Fatal Error crashes. How has this shit not been fixed yet?

Edit: 3 crashes in a row. Guess I'm not playing today because they can't fix their shit. Best believe this will up my D/C stat thooooooooo smfh

Last edited:

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
I got into the game with 1.03 patch. No Fatal Error crashes with maybe 30 hours before the 1.04 patch. Whatever they did in this patch has started activating the Fatal Error randomly for me. Wildest one for me was just starting up the game

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I finally hit purple with Reina, took a while since I hit red, but slowly, but surely I did it!
(Too bad I couldn't take a screenshot because the shitty server went down when I won...)

Man, Tekken is fun.

Last edited:

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Months in and I'm still getting Fatal Error crashes. How has this shit not been fixed yet?

Edit: 3 crashes in a row. Guess I'm not playing today because they can't fix their shit. Best believe this will up my D/C stat thooooooooo smfh

is the crash map specific?

just wondering cause i would always crash on Fallen Destiny until I downloaded a potato graphics mod and that fixed it.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
After weeks and weeks, I can't seem to get more than halfway through Kishin as Kuma. I finally broke down and switched to nope, psyche, I'm still playing Kuma. But I am buying some separated d-pad buttons for my DualSense so I stop getting phantom inputs, 'cause it's getting ridiculous. Never had the guts to take a controller apart before, so I consider this a big move 😗

Oct 26, 2017
I've had the current Tekken battle pass completed for the past few weeks, and I decided to buy the premium pass in the hopes that I could use that Blender geometric ball shape to give each character a clown nose. But unfortunately, the customization parameters don't allow you to get a perfect clown nose. You can't move the item to the exact spot you want, and you can't make it small enough so that it's the size of the character's nose, it's far too big even at the smallest possible size.

If I had praised Tekken's battle pass before, I now retract those statements. It sucks.

Oct 27, 2017
I've had the current Tekken battle pass completed for the past few weeks, and I decided to buy the premium pass in the hopes that I could use that Blender geometric ball shape to give each character a clown nose. But unfortunately, the customization parameters don't allow you to get a perfect clown nose. You can't move the item to the exact spot you want, and you can't make it small enough so that it's the size of the character's nose, it's far too big even at the smallest possible size.

If I had praised Tekken's battle pass before, I now retract those statements. It sucks.
Trizzy, that you?

I buckled and bought coins to finish the pass and buy some outfits, mostly to try and entice my kids to play ( they wish it was like SoulCalibur. I don't have the heart to tell them they're moving out if they ever got their wish lol(?) )

But seriously, I've been playing a lot more recently and probably would have finished normally or gotten closer.

Btw, I have the Victrix PS5 pad coming... any good? The PS5 dpad is atrocious and I keep watching myself do d/f+2s as Yoshi, killing my combos when I intend d+222 (yes, still). I'm not the biggest fan of the Octa either. Too lightweight, had to unscrew it to prevent it from auto pressing buttons, don't like the 6 buttons getting in my way and the dpad is no better.

Oct 27, 2017
I've enjoyed the pass quite a bit TBH but I think I'm in the minority
I like the idea of it, just wish some of the dailies included single player modes, and single player modes contributed towards the bar. Otherwise it becomes this increasingly niche pass for a lesser amount of the playerbase. They have this ideal scenario where they think the majority of players are going to be this super dedicated, training and labbing with the replays and always be online but that isn't realistic. Cater to some casuals is all I'm saying. Then maybe they get more encouraged to go online.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of it, just wish some of the dailies included single player modes, and single player modes contributed towards the bar. Otherwise it becomes this increasingly niche pass for a lesser amount of the playerbase. They have this ideal scenario where they think the majority of players are going to be this super dedicated, training and labbing with the replays and always be online but that isn't realistic. Cater to some casuals is all I'm saying. Then maybe they get more encouraged to go online.

I think you are super on point with this.

It is really nice how SF6 lets me work on my pass without having to go online against other people which I use often when I'm tired.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Neither T8 nor GBVSR bothered accounting for grinding passes with single-player activities, with SF6 being the only one to allow for that. Can't even earn points for the ones in GBVSR once you're out of missions for the day/week.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

I think limiting it to online play was very intentional, since these same types of cosmetics used to be available in the offline Treasure Quest in past titles. It's not that they think people will play online all the time, it's that they want to push people to play online to keep engagement numbers up and make it seem like there's a lot of people to fight.

The problem I have with this is that they've done very little to address the issues with current Ranked play, so it feels more like a chore.

Oct 27, 2017
So the Victrix BFG Pro pad is the first non-Playstation pack-in controller I felt was pretty decent. I'm not hitting accidental diagonals, but the dpads aren't my favorite ( prefer the + to the * but haven't tried the default diamond shape dpad yet though). I'll be sticking with it.

(Wait, I can use PS4 and 3 pads right? Or just 4?)

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to Flame Ruler which is the highest I've ever gotten in a Tekken game. Now to keep studying up and being better because shit, I know it'll be easy to lose this one if I don't keep it up lol.

System2

Oct 27, 2017
California

Wall ender for Jin is jab into db+2,2,3 (Jab is optional but increases damage a bit)
Other wall ender is b,f+2,1,2 (This one can be a bit awkward to do, and generally top combo is preferred outside of situations where it whiffs)

Theres also this doc that has most of the core char info

It's not great at showing wall carry to wall ender combos though. It's showing non-wall midscreen BnBs for the most part.

Like jins b+3,2 is a really good wall carry move but the doc doesn't include it at all. There's also no section for wall-enders.

Edit: oh yeah for jin specifically, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOhW3ucnhq4 this guide is amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
Drag, Feng and some Lili's eat me up. Gonna have to look at my replays for tips.

And man... anyone get extra salty getting beat by a special style player? Am I the only one who loses lol?

OP
OP
Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Lidia's render(s) and bio are here:
ootowdgu.jpg
a9mqsaim.webp

bsq35ovz.webp
5z4c3cbc.webp

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't really get into using Lili or Alisa.

Hoping Lidia will click for me.

I think my new bane right now are Asuka's. I'm always caught off guard by how long she can hold parry stance.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
So the Victrix BFG Pro pad is the first non-Playstation pack-in controller I felt was pretty decent. I'm not hitting accidental diagonals, but the dpads aren't my favorite ( prefer the + to the * but haven't tried the default diamond shape dpad yet though). I'll be sticking with it.

(Wait, I can use PS4 and 3 pads right? Or just 4?)
I actually use the default Diamond. Can slide for qcf and qcb, and it didn't take me long to get used to having a feel for how to df and D accordingly.

Helps with my Nina hayshida step cancels, but I still can't do much crouch dash cancel stuff, or ss1bss1 stuff, or butterfly loops. But that's more on me and not the pad 😭

Oct 27, 2017
I actually use the default Diamond. Can slide for qcf and qcb, and it didn't take me long to get used to having a feel for how to df and D accordingly.

Helps with my Nina hayshida step cancels, but I still can't do much crouch dash cancel stuff, or ss1bss1 stuff, or butterfly loops. But that's more on me and not the pad 😭
Thanks for the input, I'll have to swap it in to see if I like it. Overall I'm pleased... No more accidental Rage Arts or whatever they are ( d/f1+2 vs f1+2 >=[ )

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for the input, I'll have to swap it in to see if I like it. Overall I'm pleased... No more accidental Rage Arts or whatever they are ( d/f1+2 vs f1+2 >=[ )
What helps is, I needed a pad that made the qcb feel a bit more effortless on pad. So I'm able to do the qcb on that default diamond with like a slide, and then I just thumb up on the analog stick for the side step cancel on that

That's why I'm a fan, not sure if that will be something that will be what you're trying to correct.

Oct 27, 2017
What helps is, I needed a pad that made the qcb feel a bit more effortless on pad. So I'm able to do the qcb on that default diamond with like a slide, and then I just thumb up on the analog stick for the side step cancel on that

That's why I'm a fan, not sure if that will be something that will be what you're trying to correct.
Number 1, my goal was to eliminate the diagonals and it did. The PS5 pad has no resistance when applying slight pressure to the right or left while holding down so you need to be dead zero to get downs (same applies for b, f and u). My secondary goal is to comfortably and consistently land wave dashes. Right now, my trouble is I'm getting moonsault slayers instead of Yoshi's wavedash launcher a bit too often. I may just have to get used to the fairly small dpad but maybe the diamond will help.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Number 1, my goal was to eliminate the diagonals and it did. The PS5 pad has no resistance when applying slight pressure to the right or left while holding down so you need to be dead zero to get downs (same applies for b, f and u). My secondary goal is to comfortably and consistently land wave dashes. Right now, my trouble is I'm getting moonsault slayers instead of Yoshi's wavedash launcher a bit too often. I may just have to get used to the fairly small dpad but maybe the diamond will help.
You will get those wave dashes down king 😤

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
God playing Azucena now is fucking miserable. Could've waited until they had her whole kit together before nerfing her but noooooooooooooooooooo. What a fucking joke.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
God playing Azucena now is fucking miserable. Could've waited until they had her whole kit together before nerfing her but noooooooooooooooooooo. What a fucking joke.

Same way I feel about playing Jun right now. I don't like these "let's do half your kit now and it will be mostly nerfs, then the other half in a month or two" balance changes.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Does the battle pass actually finish tomorrow? Weekly mission says Final but Daily doesn't, can't see any official date.

I jumped in late and at lv52 but it's soo fucking slow leveling up without dailies/weeklies. If you suck like me it's 200 matches for 10 levels...

Oct 27, 2017
Dig her bio. Her teaming with Eddy and Yoshi is unexpected but awesome.
I'm quite pleased that I'm getting bonus Yoshi stuff added in with the dlc story expansion lol. Almost like he was so close to being part of a season pass... phew.

Wonder if we're going to get two antagonists next or round out a rebel group and hint at a villain group for season 2?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I've just checked and I'm pretty sure I've just surpassed my lifetime match amount of T7. While I loved T7, I didn't play it as much as I thought. I was more so paying more attention to the tourneys and streams. T8 tho, I'm consistently playing it for hours on hours and trying to get better.

Right now I'm on Flame Ruler and as of today I beat a Rajin Victor which is a task considering earlier today I was getting destroyed by far weaker opponents. Once I switched my style from passive to active things changed a bit. I just gotta keep it up.

My lifetime goal with this game is to make it to the highest rank online and to at least have a few others in Tekken King. I don't care if I immediately drop down, I just want to be able to reach that point and I'm good.

I'm quite pleased that I'm getting bonus Yoshi stuff added in with the dlc story expansion lol. Almost like he was so close to being part of a season pass... phew.

Wonder if we're going to get two antagonists next or round out a rebel group and hint at a villain group for season 2?
True lol.

I'm assuming it'll be a mix. We've gotten 2 good guys so while I think it would be cool to have 2 bad ones, I just don't see it happening although it would be dope.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the JDCR and AK match and man that sucks.

How do these TO's constantly fuck up moments like this? Do your job it's not the first time it's happened in fighters. With money on the line I'd be furious.

Putting the onus on players in the hotseat to desync clearly isn't working. Organizers need to have people on standby enforcing that shit. How many times has this happened lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the JDCR and AK match and man that sucks.

How do these TO's constantly fuck up moments like this? Do your job it's not the first time it's happened in fighters. With money on the line I'd be furious.

Putting the onus on players in the hotseat to desync clearly isn't working. Organizers need to have people on standby enforcing that shit. How many times has this happened lol
Is this a previous player pressing the home button on their pad/stick? Should be a default tournament mode where it takes a hold to activate it and is only functional on the two synced controllers currently in use.