Votes: 151 19.8%
  • Victor

Votes: 123 16.1%
  • Reina

Votes: 488 64.0%

• Total voters

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
I abandoned Jun for the time being and went back to someone familiar (Lars), so i could expand on that knowledge and explore the heat system, but my muscle memory keeps messing with me by doing combos from T6 lmao.

LooneyLMD

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
They said that the character started off as a girl in the concept stages and then shifted into being of unknown gender upon Harada (I think) liking one of the more androgynous-looking concepts. It's up to player interpretation now. There's a reason why the English has to move heaven and earth to avoid any gendered pronoun usage.
Oh. I see.

I'm really liking this game. I played every Tekken religiously except 7, but man I wanna learn so many characters. I'ma have to pace myself. Hasn't been like this since DR.

Reina, Cena, and Victor are all so fun.

Edit: These stages break into completely different areas that can be their own stages.

And I"m sad King didn't suplex a tank in the story.

Last edited:

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
Wanted to give Tekken another shot and got the ultimate edition. Is there a SF6 character like guide or a way to slow down the game to practice input timing?

Tried to play Leo and seeing 100+ line items in the move list. Just felt overwhelmed and underserved, so I kinda just gave up lol.

Its kinda like taking a class and the syllabus is just a 20 page cut out of a dictionary. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with this information. 😅

OP
OP
Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Visually this game looks absolutely spectacular. Like no other fighting game comes close and SF6 looks like a generation behind. They absolutely nailed the visuals and the presentation.

I actually don't mind letting my (and my opponent) intros and outros rock because of how good they look.
I'm not sure I'd say SF6 looks a generation behind, but I am appreciative that everything looks so high-fidelity in Tekken 8.

It's funny going back and remembering posters claiming that this game looked no better than Tekken 7. In what world? 🤣
It makes those character model comparison videos all the more necessary. And speaking of:

View: https://youtu.be/GVTLqNJ9MRA

Some of these Tekken 7 models were so wack looking

yXIv1Mi.png

Let it be known that I don't think everyone looked bad in Tekken 7, but I would say that I think almost everyone got a glow-up in the face and especially hair department in Tekken 8. Of course, I actually think Tekken 8 is the first game in the series where I generally like the in-game look of the graphics since Tekken 5. Tekken 6 is graphically impressive but does suffer a bit from early 7th-gen-bloomitis. Meanwhile, Tag 2's models are sound but I dislike the prominent shadowing under everyone's eyes.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wanted to ask again if there's a difference in netcode performance on console vs PC, if one is doing it better than the other.

Also where people are getting their codes on the cheap? I'm debating on some $50 ones I'm seeing, if I could get it in the $40-$45 range I'd be more willing.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Maining Victor is the easiest choice I've ever made in a fighting game. Dude is so sick-looking and fits me like a glove, can't believe I got to skip the character crisis phase I usually have on every FG.

Game is absurdly good, haven't even touched story mode yet but the practice and replay features are honestly blowing me away.

I'm off for tonight but if anyone's looking for games in future - RaphiVsWorld on PSN (UK/EU, beginner-intermediate level I guess?)

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hey the online is actually working well for me today, this is great! I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Arcade Quest I got an objective to deal 70+ damage with one combo with Lili and I'm not sure I'll pull that off anytime soon…
Any standard juggle combo into a Rage Art ender should work, or any combo that gets them close enough to the wall that doing b+1, 4 should get them to hit the wall and the wall combo damage should get you over.

A couple of other specific examples:

Mid-stage you could hit a CH f+4 (get the AI to block d/f+3 then do it, that has a decent chance of hitting counter-hit) ⏵ d/f+3+4 (easier than trying to do iWS 2) ⏵BT 3,4 ⏵b+1,4 T! ⏵f,f+3~f ⏵DEW 1,4.

Mid-stage while already in Heat, you could hit f,f+3~f ⏵DEW 2,1~f HD! ⏵d/f+2~b ⏵ BT 3,4 ⏵b+1,4 T! ⏵ f,f+3~f ⏵ DEW 1,4 (The damage on this is kind of wild, as everything up to the heat dash has no damage scaling. Also worth remember that if you're not in heat, f,f+3~f on hit will link into DEW 2,1 on normal hit and put you into Heat).

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to give Tekken another shot and got the ultimate edition. Is there a SF6 character like guide or a way to slow down the game to practice input timing?

Tried to play Leo and seeing 100+ line items in the move list. Just felt overwhelmed and underserved, so I kinda just gave up lol.

Its kinda like taking a class and the syllabus is just a 20 page cut out of a dictionary. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with this information. 😅

https://youtu.be/aaaDQ-2U4F0?si=pP8NGT5GHmj8c4ge

ThatBlastedSalami did some great character breakdowns for T7. I'd keep an eye on his channel as I'm sure there'll be some relevant stuff for beginners coming up.

Otherwise, you can see the cheat sheets posted in the thread. You never need the 100 moves in the list, just 10 or so as your quick defense options, punishes, short combos to get you started. I still just launch and mash with most of the cast so far lol

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
https://youtu.be/aaaDQ-2U4F0?si=pP8NGT5GHmj8c4ge

ThatBlastedSalami did some great character breakdowns for T7. I'd keep an eye on his channel as I'm sure there'll be some relevant stuff for beginners coming up.

Otherwise, you can see the cheat sheets posted in the thread. You never need the 100 moves in the list, just 10 or so as your quick defense options, punishes, short combos to get you started. I still just launch and mash with most of the cast so far lol
That's encouraging! Thank you I'll keep an eye out.
I just need a few bread and butters and a character overview.

ChitonIV

Nov 14, 2021
Playing Arcade Quest I got an objective to deal 70+ damage with one combo with Lili and I'm not sure I'll pull that off anytime soon…

A raw rage art should probably do the trick
A big point of this game, is to use moves which activate heat as part of the move and then do moves and Combos which are enhanced or only available in heat. And then do your super special move right before your guage runs out.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This little shit max needs to jog on with his mid match backseat gamer"advice"
* Getting juggled by the CPU into rage life and then death before I could even get back control *
"Woah watch out, you're in rage"
"Oh, you should've used your rage art!"

Mate, if you know a way for me to do that midway through being combo'd I'm all ears

Oct 27, 2017
While everyone was whining about how they can possibly redeem Jin, I give credit to the team for showing us how it's done and it's even more impactful when you factor in that it's coming from a Japanese studio. It's honestly not something that has crossed my mind in these discussions until playing through this game. I suppose if even Godzilla is humanized in tragic depictions, so too can a young, misguided devil man.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

It's not like you have 100 different options in any given situation. Some moves are only useful in combos, for example. You just gotta play around with a move and categorise where it would be useful.

Leo has a jumping kick that leaves the opponent airborne. Cool, you know what's a way to start combos.

Leo has a string of hits starting from a quick jab. That's probably a safe way to start offense at close range. Fast, low damage moves are usually safe on block and less likely to be interrupted.

Leo has a low sweeping kick followed by a big hit that knocks down. Cool, I can use that if my opponent is blocking my jab string.

Leo has a roundhouse kick with a blue streak. That blue streak means it's a homing move. Homing moves hit opponents side stepping.

Just commit things like this to memory and use that as a starting point. Try to remember some basic moves and then keep building on those as you play more.

Feb 24, 2018
Been messing with the character customization, I know it's getting praise but it feels worse then Tekken 7 for me due to the lack of preview before selecting, much more limited range of items and clothing and for some reason I find it really hard to make dark brown hair.

Made Anna Williams and Violet for myself and also this because it was the first thing I thought with I saw the red stripped jumper... I'm a bad person.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krf2tEBcgN8
YHRNJQx.jpeg

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been messing with the character customization, I know it's getting praise but it feels worse then Tekken 7 for me due to the lack of preview before selecting, much more limited range of items and clothing and for some reason I find it really hard to make dark brown hair.

Made Anna Williams and Violet for myself and also this because it was the first thing I thought with I saw the red stripped jumper... I'm a bad person.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krf2tEBcgN8
YHRNJQx.jpeg

Bryan Freddy.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
It's not like you have 100 different options in any given situation. Some moves are only useful in combos, for example. You just gotta play around with a move and categorise where it would be useful.

Leo has a jumping kick that leaves the opponent airborne. Cool, you know what's a way to start combos.

Leo has a string of hits starting from a quick jab. That's probably a safe way to start offense at close range. Fast, low damage moves are usually safe on block and less likely to be interrupted.

Leo has a low sweeping kick followed by a big hit that knocks down. Cool, I can use that if my opponent is blocking my jab string.

Leo has a roundhouse kick with a blue streak. That blue streak means it's a homing move. Homing moves hit opponents side stepping.

Just commit things like this to memory and use that as a starting point. Try to remember some basic moves and then keep building on those as you play more.
Thank you. That's all makes sense and that's exactly the kind of tips the SF6 tutorial provides. But my main gripe was how would I have known any of that if I didn't post in this forum. I didn't know what that blue streak meant.

Sorry if I seemed upset too. I'm just annoyed cause I want to like this game. I'll probably pick it back up if they patch in SF6 character like tutorial or the ThatBasedSalami or any YouTube channel has a really good overview video.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I really have to get used to reading Tekken notation, I keep seeing numbers and instinctively think directions instead of attacks and it's throwing me off practicing these bnb's 🤔

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Thank you. That's all makes sense and that's exactly the kind of tips the SF6 tutorial provides. But my main gripe was how would I have known any of that if I didn't post in this forum. I didn't know what that blue streak meant.

Sorry if I seemed upset too. I'm just annoyed cause I want to like this game. I'll probably pick it back up if they patch in SF6 character like tutorial or the ThatBasedSalami or any YouTube channel has a really good overview video.
Have you played the Arcade quest? It goes over all the different types of moves in tutorials and the NPC Max has these for each character. It has a tutorial for the homing moves specifically.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess it depends on how your posture is on a keyboard. If you're not used to using all the fingers then it might be sore when learning but you get over it after a few days imo
I'm fine with keyboard on desk, but I bought my stick with the intention of using on my lap, so yeah, I'm sure I'll have to get used to it. In long the run, the goal is to be more comfortable, so a couple days of adjustment isn't so bad.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
Have you played the Arcade quest? It goes over all the different types of moves in tutorials and the NPC Max has these for each character. It has a tutorial for the homing moves specifically.
Gotcha I only played past the initial match with Max.

So is Tekken mainly about doing air combos? Like the goal is to get the opponent in the air? I always thought that was an opt-in play style, not like the proper way to play. Idk if that makes sense lol. I should primarily be learning the moves that will open up into air combos?

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
As someone who was a little cold about Reina, I gotta say, she's probably my favorite newcomer since tekken 5. I now absolutely love how clean and simple her design is.
I would def love more new characters like her. Such a shame Shaheen couldnt get the same love :(

May 26, 2018

So is Tekken mainly about doing air combos? Like the goal is to get the opponent in the air? I always thought that was an opt-in play style, not like the proper way to play. Idk if that makes sense lol. I should primarily be learning the moves that will open up into air combos?

It is certainly the most efficient way of doing damage. Find bread and butter juggles for a character that feels good to you.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I feel like Harada saw some comments complaining about T7's character customization options and was petty enough to remember them and to make T8's exactly the same or just slightly worse.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the story isn't anything we haven't seen but it's just done so well and it's done in the ways that make Tekken amazing. Like everything we really love about Tekken's story, lore and just the essence of Tekken is in this story mode. I don't even know what they'll do for future story modes but I have complete faith in them.

And yeah, this Jin might be my favorite Jin tied with T3 Jin.

Yep! Since I played T2 I've cared the story. While gameplay and being online is dope a lot of us really care about the lore and characters and hell even some of us play Tekken mostly for that. This story mode's giving us that while also giving something to the people that play Tekken but don't care too much about that. It's so cool.

You really get me 🤝

Also all you Hworangs online need jesus. Goddamn there's so many of you

Bro I've been running into Kumas, I'm like "The fuck is thisssss?!" lmao

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I finally sat down to watch my replays and lemme tell ya, you fucking Steve players are cooked now.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Did a ton of training with Xiaoyu today. I don't even know how much I retained. This shit is a lot.

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019

Well yes, but also no. Most launchers are unsafe and easy to punish or whiff punish. While learning these combos is integral to winning, building a solid fundation and WHEN to use these moves will allow you to be a stronger player way faster.

It's exactly like a real martial art when you think about it. You need to jab in order to uppercut ;)

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else on PC experiencing terrible textures like this at times? I'm using TSR at 80%, textures on High.

S0cAU3y.jpg