Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This exchange is something lol. Mocking PTSD, pride flags and the LGBTQ+ acronym in one jolly giggle.
For those rightfully confused, it's all about the joke they came up with that Rowling is part lesbian when she met up with all the prominent GC's.

screenshot2022-07-05attkyf.png

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wow what a disgusting exchange, its hard to believe any of the people there are adults

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
One positive thing about all these JK Rowling business is how I find that Stephen King is an awesome dude. Just recently read an interview about Rowling blocked him on Twitter and all that since he supported trans right, the dude seems really legit awesome.

Of course Rowling didn't do anything beyond blocking him considering who he is... that seems to be her pattern; sending replies and her followers to anyone small but not saying anything when the target is big like Stephen King.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
This exchange is something lol. Mocking PTSD, pride flags and the LGBTQ+ acronym in one jolly giggle.
For those rightfully confused, it's all about the joke they came up with that Rowling is part lesbian when she met up with all the prominent GC's.

Genuinely acting like children, jesus christ this is pathetic to look at.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I genuinely don't know what any of this means and googling 66%ers didn't help.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
One positive thing about all these JK Rowling business is how I find that Stephen King is an awesome dude. Just recently read an interview about Rowling blocked him on Twitter and all that since he supported trans right, the dude seems really legit awesome.

Of course Rowling didn't do anything beyond blocking him considering who he is... that seems to be her pattern; sending replies and her followers to anyone small but not saying anything when the target is big like Stephen King.
Yeah that was a while back but really an early demonstration about how far-gone Rowling already was. Stephen King just liked a Rowling tweet without understanding its transphobic intent (just vaguely about "women's experiences"), so Rowling then immediately started praising him for thinking he agreed with her dog whistled meaning.

So fans ask him if he supports trans rights and he just independently stated that trans women are women, without even addressing Rowling as transphobic, but just that pro-trans statement was enough for Rowling to completely turn, delete her praise, and block him.

That's how far gone she was 2 years ago, perceiving an individual generically affirming support for trans rights is an attack against herself..

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Yeah that was a while back but really an early demonstration about how far-gone Rowling already was. Stephen King just liked a Rowling tweet without understanding its transphobic intent (just vaguely about "women's experiences"), so Rowling then immediately started praising him for thinking he agreed with her dog whistled meaning.

So fans ask him if he supports trans rights and he just independently stated that trans women are women, without even addressing Rowling as transphobic, but just that pro-trans statement was enough for Rowling to completely turn, delete her praise, and block him.

That's how far gone she was 2 years ago, perceiving an individual generically affirming support for trans rights is an attack against herself..

Right, Politico recently posted an article about her, from that I learned about her altercation, if you can even call it that, with Stephen King. The article mentioned about how if the target is below her, she wouldn't hesitate to directly reply to them, effectively sending her followers to attack the target, but if the other party is big like King, all she does is do stuff like silently block and ignore it.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Which is basically how the GeeCees have stacked it.

Support trans rights? You hate women.

It's blantantly obvious they have absolutely no interest in women's rights either - silence over abortion rights vs non-stop theoretical situations about elite level sports, for example - they're a right wing hate mob. That's all they are.

King has long been, by the standards of his contemporaries of the time, progressive and socially aware. Even purely as a writer, any problematic portrayals of say, LGBT persons in his older books seem to stem from working with the information and stereotypes common in popular culture of past decades. (His portrayals were not intended to be negative mind you, just tinted by old cliches.)

I would suspect he is particularly hacked off by Rowling because the dude, let us say, does NOT stand for powerful people punching down at the disadvantaged.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

He's very supportive of the LGBTQ+ community, BUT he still supports Rowling.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
It's facinating how TERFS kinda get completely consumed by their hatred. People have been making fun/criticising her for her gay reveal of Dumbledore and the word racist stuff in Pottermore, but that never got any mention. Now, much like Gliner before her, it looks like she is constantly searching for "trans" in Google to post her next angry tweet. Seems to be the only thing in her mind now

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm not going to link it, because fuck both of them, but Rowling was praising Matt Walsh earlier today.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
She is at that point where as long as some one hits the transphobia button they can say anything else and she will praise them.
Watch her next retweet be something like "I belive that trans people shoul not be allowed to vote, neither should women" and she will call this one the greatest victory for women ever

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The brain rot is astounding. I just can't believe how far she has fallen. It's disgusting and horrifying to see.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017

TERFs and GC's just don't have to care, at all. They pull the same right-wing tactics of fearmongering while their own deeds go ignored, because their allies don't want facts, they want excuses to hate.

It's just frustrating how much they don't have to care. But any little thing we do is scrutinized beyond belief to invalidate and use against us. I'm so fucking tired of it.

May 26, 2018
She is at that point where as long as some one hits the transphobia button they can say anything else and she will praise them.

"Say what you want about [INSERT MASS MURDERING DICTATOR HERE] but he was completely right and I respect him for it--"

"I would like to clarify my previous tweet about [MASS MURDERING DICTATOR] that he was only right about one particular thing, it slipped my mind to be specific"

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
"Say what you want about [INSERT MASS MURDERING DICTATOR HERE] but he was completely right and I respect him for it--"

"I would like to clarify my previous tweet about [MASS MURDERING DICTATOR] that he was only right about one particular thing, it slipped my mind to be specific"
I mean we already had a mass-murdering dictator signal sympathies for her so the reverse isn't far off.

Surely once Magnus Hirschfeld's work becomes more known to the mainstream in the anglosphere we will see her agree with Hitler.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Watch her next retweet be something like "I belive that trans people shoul not be allowed to vote, neither should women" and she will call this one the greatest victory for women ever

As anyone tried some transphobia followed by "And Harry Potter was shit".?

A reminder that her GC mates literally praised the taliban for their treatment of women.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Funny that we're now at the point where Rowling is championing people who openly call for genocide and say the fewer trans people the better for a sane world it would be, with direct intent to limit the amount of people who can transition, and is there supporting and praising the anti-trans propaganda of self-confessed fascists.. yet come December we'll be hosting a thread for a product that will aid her in her ability to spread such viewpoints and radicalisation efforts in the middle of this ongoing moral panic that is actively seeing hate crimes rise and our rights threatened.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Funny that we're now at the point where Rowling is championing people who openly call for genocide and say the fewer trans people the better for a sane world it would be, with direct intent to limit the amount of people who can transition, and is there supporting and praising the anti-trans propaganda of self-confessed fascists.. yet come December we'll be hosting a thread for a product that will aid her in her ability to spread such viewpoints and radicalisation efforts in the middle of this ongoing moral panic that is actively seeing hate crimes rise and our rights threatened.
Wait, what product?

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

Last I remember, discussion on Hogwarts Legacy was going to be banned, but that may have changed. I know they've been locking any threads people make about it

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Last I remember, discussion on Hogwarts Legacy was going to be banned, but that may have changed. I know they've been locking any threads people make about it
Staff have already stated that when the game releases it's going to have an OT like Cyberpunk did.

As an aside, updated this a bit. If something of note is missing lemme know:

-----

Just a reminder that J.K. Rowling is a legitimately awful person who:
  • Openly supports and champions people who call for the genocide of trans people.
  • Supports and praises the anti-trans propaganda video of a self-confessed fascist.
  • Helps drive trans children toward self harm and suicide.
  • Helped reduce the ILGA score of the UK by being a prime motivator in increased hostility towards trans people. Something that has continued to plummet in this area since.
  • Related transition to being a new form of gay conversion therapy, one that should be further restricted.
  • Regularly platforms and boosts lobbying groups and individuals who are working to remove rights of trans people in the UK.
  • Led a revolt that saw the most basic reform for Gender Recognition in the UK scrapped, despite a 70% approval rating.
  • Championed and supported people who are anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage and would prefer AIDS to charities that support trans women and children.
  • Added to a pressure that resulted in links to support systems for vulnerable trans children being removed by the BBC.
  • Pushed for a move that saw young trans people face further hardships in accessing trans-affirming healthcare.
  • Been cited by foreign politicians in their own bids to restrict trans rights, healthcare access and freedoms.
  • Has been the primary figurehead of the anti-trans radicalisation movement in the UK, that has seen hate crimes increase and our rights removed.
Rowling is actively and demonstrably destructive to trans lives. Especially those in the UK and of younger people looking to live as themselves. The wave of transphobia she sparked and continues to drive has led to legislation being scrapped, rights being removed, calls for trans women to be shot in the street and a broad increase in hate crimes toward not only trans people, but the LGBTQ+ community as a whole.

🏳️‍⚧️

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...I think the idea to have a single thread ala Cyberpunk's thread needs to be revisited. Rowling is calling for genocide at this point. I don't feel comfortable with this site hosting anything for her game at this point.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
Maybe we should raise it in the feedback thread for staff? Since I'm in agreement this awful person shouldn't be given any platform whatsoever, even a carefully controlled OT.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Maybe we should raise it in the feedback thread for staff? Since I'm in agreement this awful person shouldn't be given any platform whatsoever, even a carefully controlled OT.
I've pinged a PM to an admin to discuss. Was wary of raising it in the feedback thread as B-Dubs mentioned such discussion there was banned and didn't want to risk a threadban or warning by raising it again. A lot has changed since the initial decision and days of Troy Leavitt, both in terms of Rowling and the climate at large, so I think it's fair to suggest it should be revisited and reassessed.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I've pinged a PM to an admin to discuss. Was wary of raising it in the feedback thread as B-Dubs mentioned such discussion there was banned and didn't want to risk a threadban or warning by raising it again. A lot has changed since the initial decision and days of Troy Leavitt, both in terms of Rowling and the climate at large, so I think it's fair to suggest it should be revisited and reassessed.
Thanks, Kyuuji. Hoping that this is resolved easily.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Appreciate this, definitely worth bringing up

Status
Not open for further replies.