• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Should be also noted that they seem to realise that trying to convince the public at large is a non-starter. The plan is to go straight to the "decision makers"

What does it say on the wall? Wine with Women?
Living up to the Prosecco Stormfront name.
It's that crowd, yeah. The most fucking basic, naive, "it's wine'o'clock!" arseholes.

Helen Staniland is one of Graham Linehan's mates. They do a show together, along with another man, and they get complaints that it's two men talking over a women. "Wine with Women" is Staniland's new solo show, and the name is shit because she's a boring idiot.

Nov 4, 2017
Has Rowling ever explained why it's not OK for others to change their appearance to suit their gender identity, but it's OK for her to have a heap of cosmetic surgery to not look her age? I feel like you need to be pretty tall to ride that mental rollercoaster.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Has Rowling ever explained why it's not OK for others to change their appearance to suit their gender identity, but it's OK for her to have a heap of cosmetic surgery to not look her age? I feel like you need to be pretty tall to ride that mental rollercoaster.

Most of these people also wear glasses. They'll go on and on about how biology should dictate everything about your state of existence, but they don't seem to think they should be required to have difficulty seeing. If you would apply their own logic it's clear that having trouble reading at a distance is just how they were born and how they're meant to remain, yet they think it's perfectly normal to use the advancements of science to correct their own difficulties.

It's almost like they're all hateful hypocrites with no coherent consistency in their system of belief.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017

Rowlings gender crit pals discussing the final solution.

I could feel my heart racing watching that abhorrent clip, what a truly piece of shit human being, and fuck JK the massive twat for being her friend.

The fact that she has to mention Graham Linehan as well "he's sticking his neck out"

Fuck offfff the lot of you

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
sDwdSST.jpg

Finally got around to getting rid of my books. Fuck JKR and all bigots.

Bonus concerned cat as well!

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
And used a gender neutral name for Harry Potter.
As much as I dislike her constant hate towards trans women, especially given how a huge amount of the Harry Poter fandom is LGBTQ+ and growed up very connected and seen with the books and/or movies, JK Rowling had absolutely no option or say in the matter of putting her name of the cover. It was and still is part of the system, she was nobody back then and obviously went along with what the system told her to be able to be pusblished. That eventually became her pen name, her brand and she wasn't going to mess things up by putting her full name on the subsequents books.

She shouldn't be criticized for the JK Rowling thing, it was the fault of stupid people thinking kids wouldn't go for a book written by a woman, because those stupid people think less of women themselves, fuck them and fuck aa that.

Now, you can, and should, 100% criticize JK Rowling for the Robert Galbraith pen name, because Jesus H. Christ why would you use that name...

Jun 17, 2019
As much as I dislike her constant hate towards trans women, especially given how a huge amount of the Harry Poter fandom is LGBTQ+ and growed up very connected and seen with the books and/or movies, JK Rowling had absolutely no option or say in the matter of putting her name of the cover. It was and still is part of the system, she was nobody back then and obviously went along with what the system told her to be able to be pusblished. That eventually became her pen name, her brand and she wasn't going to mess things up by putting her full name on the subsequents books.

She shouldn't be criticized for the JK Rowling thing, it was the fault of stupid people thinking kids wouldn't go for a book written by a woman, because those stupid people think less of women themselves, fuck them and fuck aa that.

Now, you can, and should, 100% criticize JK Rowling for the Robert Galbraith pen name, because Jesus H. Christ why would you use that name...

Male pen names have been used by a lot of female writers, going back hundreds of years, due to how female writers were not taken seriously. From what I hear its worse in the UK due to the long history of publishers, so her hiding her first name isn't at all surprising. It still goes on to this day even at somr publishing house.

Reverse is true too for male writers in romance area it seems. At least from what ive seen with the paper back area of romance novels.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Male pen names have been used by a lot of female writers, going back hundreds of years, due to how female writers were not taken seriously. From what I hear its worse in the UK due to the long history of publishers, so her hiding her first name isn't at all surprising. It still goes on to this day even at somr publishing house.

Reverse is true too for male writers in romance area it seems. At least from what ive seen with the paper back area of romance novels.
It's a fucked up thing and I can't simply see how it is still a thing in the year of 2022 of our Lord. It really makes me mad.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
And even if you believe the idea that "She didn't know when she first used that pen name", what's the excuse of still using the pen name years after it's been pointed out over and over again?

She's such a horrible human being. I really wish HP will just fall into obscurity already, because she's nothing without that brand.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
And even if you believe the idea that "She didn't know when she first used that pen name", what's the excuse of still using the pen name years after it's been pointed out over and over again?

She's such a horrible human being. I really wish HP will just fall into obscurity already, because she's nothing without that brand.
The things is that even if she had absolutely NO IDEA about the name, and she didn't even google it or whatever to be sure it wasn't already the name of another writer, I don't buy absolutely nobody in the editorial team, or the publishing team of those books to do some research on it and not warning her.

Jun 17, 2019
It's a fucked up thing and I can't simply see how it is still a thing in the year of 2022 of our Lord. It really makes me mad.

It is something that needs to talk about, especially if we're talking about dramatic fiction works, or mysteries since it still isn't seen as the realm of women writers. But not the thread to talk about it in.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Like one of the replies: read the fucking room.

It is something that needs to talk about, especially if we're talking about dramatic fiction works, or mysteries since it still isn't seen as the realm of women writers. But not the thread to talk about it in.

Yeah, that's what I made sure to say that what we can and should criticize about her when it comes to names or pen names is the Robert Galbraith one.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Welp, BT pity for Prishe here............... and the BT dropped on that final pity pull.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I don't even know what to do with the 500 G-Tokens now, I got everything on the way... BT Book doesn't really seem like the best option in the long-run given that my resource planning sheet has me at +8 books by the time Ashe comes along, reaching a low to 1 book if I do Eald'narch + Yuri and I'm kinda covered for everything I'd want, even being generous/liberal with my resources.
Wot

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, BT pity for Prishe here............... and the BT dropped on that final pity pull.

I don't even know what to do with the 500 G-Tokens now, I got everything on the way... BT Book doesn't really seem like the best option in the long-run given that my resource planning sheet has me at +8 books by the time Ashe comes along, reaching a low to 1 book if I do Eald'narch + Yuri and I'm kinda covered for everything I'd want, even being generous/liberal with my resources.
???

Hikari_Ryu

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

r/UnexpectedOperaOmnia

Foot

Mar 10, 2019

I'm gonna guess your username is something like….ShitWrongThread

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017

May want to check your tab that says "Dissidia Opera Omnia" instead :P

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I too speak Final Fantasy

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

J.K. Rowling Pranked by Russians Impersonating Ukraine President Zelensky on Zoom Call

The 'Harry Potter' author fell victim to a "distasteful" prank while trying to help children in Ukraine.

If only the trolls weren't Russian state actors this could've been a legendary troll.

But yeah, brilliant, brave and totally not a bigoted asshole author couldn't even tell she was being pranked.
lmao, she really thinks she's that important to be called up by Ukraine's president, that's hilarious

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
A shame they wasted this prank on her, she's going to be more cautious about things like this in the future. We could have seen her get invited to pick up something like the 'CUNT award' that Katie Hopkins fell for.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
I hope the follow up to this is that she gets a call from an actual world leader and she hangs up on them.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Yeah I noticed she only bothers to tweet weekly. I assume she's on truth social or something now where they "know what a woman is".

And obviously overlook what this ruling means for trans men too.

Jun 17, 2019
her being happy that ava kedavra has been written in missiles that will kill humans is .... scary

Well said Missiles, if this is the Ukraine project where a person pays $40 dollars for the message and helps out the Ukrainian army, are being lobbed at a group of people who just went, not that long ago, into the town of Bucha and slaughtered men, women and children -and in some cases did such horrible things to the victims that it's pretty much caused a case for the Hague to look into it - because they could, I can't see the issue with the message and people not being happy with her, but in this case I don't think I have much sympathy for those hit by said missile. If this is something else, then yes, that is scary.

She's a horrible person, but broken clocks and all that in this case. And I mean, what better words to put on such an item. Better than "Happy Birthday Frank" or something like that.

I wouldn't add this to the list of reasons why she's a horrible person. A lot of messages, including other fictional death curses, have been requested for these missiles, so her being happy with it, I mean other writers have indicated that they aren't against their works being put on these things either.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well said Missiles, if this is the Ukraine project where a person pays $40 dollars for the message and helps out the Ukrainian army, are being lobbed at a group of people who just went, not that long ago, into the town of Bucha and slaughtered men, women and children -and in some cases did such horrible things to the victims that it's pretty much caused a case for the Hague to look into it - because they could, I can't see the issue with the message and people not being happy with her, but in this case I don't think I have much sympathy for those hit by said missile. If this is something else, then yes, that is scary.

She's a horrible person, but broken clocks and all that in this case. And I mean, what better words to put on such an item. Better than "Happy Birthday Frank" or something like that.

I wouldn't add this to the list of reasons why she's a horrible person. A lot of messages, including other fictional death curses, have been requested for these missiles, so her being happy with it, I mean other writers have indicated that they aren't against their works being put on these things either.
Yeah... I rather have no missiles being shot at anyone, at least that there wasn't a reason to use them, but if they are headed for the troops from an invading country, well, I can't excctly complain, much better than having Avada Kedabra to missiles targeting the country being invaded.

But again, it would be better if there was no reason to use missiles and therefore not any need to put any words on them, that's for sure, but not the situation we are in.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I noticed she only bothers to tweet weekly. I assume she's on truth social or something now where they "know what a woman is".

And obviously overlook what this ruling means for trans men too.
Kind of off-topic, but now that his has been mentioned and while listening to the Shrieking Shack podcast, the Harry Potter books are kind of sexist. There are hardly any important female characters, and even Hermione doesn't play an important role compared to the titular character, Dumbledore, Voldemort... In the books Joanne usually portray women as gossip creatures, or that only exist to give support to male characters. In other words, the only characters that are important and move the plot are male ones. Female characters, nope.

Already knew the series had problems, but completely forgot about this one.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

she is a CHILDREN BOOK AUTHOR
she is happy that the thing she wrote in a CHILDREN BOOK is being used to kill real humans

If I were a mom and didn't gave a shit about her transphobia, her being happy that a CHILDREN BOOK STUFF is being used to kill humans (don't matter how "deserving") i would be pretty scared to let my children read this book

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Only Rowling adjacent but the way the TERF congregation are happy to go hand in hand with anti-abortionists as long as it serves their transphobic goals continues to be gross.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Anyone who says that simply reveals it's all a game to them.

They're not affected, I'm sure if Kathleen needed an abortion she has the money to get one, beyond that she doesn't give a shit.

Those people may want to remove her right to control her own body but they also make a good beef casserole. To her those are 2 things of identical weight.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
Warner Bros stay losing with the awful people they choose to keep

Warner Bros. has stood by J.K. Rowling after an external PR rep, acting on behalf of the studio, told Sky News that the company is "not connected" to the author.

The studio issued the response following a spat between Sky News and the PR representative, who blocked the outlet from asking Harry Potter actor Tom Felton about Rowling during a press event in London last week.

Felton was taking part in an event around the expansion of the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter attraction. The actor, who played Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter film franchise, unveiled Professor Sprout's Greenhouse, a fan-favorite set from the films, which will be a permanent addition to the attraction.

When Sky News later asked the third-party PR firm why their journalist was interrupted, the outlet received an email response stating: "J.K. Rowling is not connected to Warner or Tom Felton, the team felt it was not relevant to the piece."

In a statement shared with Variety, Warner Bros. stood by its long-standing relationship with Rowling.

"Warner Bros. has enjoyed a creative, productive and fulfilling partnership with J.K. Rowling for the past 20 years. She is one of the world's most accomplished storytellers, and we are proud to be the studio to bring her vision, characters and stories to life now — and for decades to come. On Monday, a statement was issued by a third-party media agency that appeared contrary to this view. The statement was wholly wrong, and Warner Bros. Studio Tour London regrets it happened as part of a media event that day."

variety.com

Warner Bros. Stands by J.K. Rowling After Reporter Blocked From Asking Question About Her

Warner Bros. has stood by J.K. Rowling after an external PR told Sky News that the company is 'not connected' to the author.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Warner Bros stay losing with the awful people they choose to keep

variety.com

Warner Bros. Stands by J.K. Rowling After Reporter Blocked From Asking Question About Her

Warner Bros. has stood by J.K. Rowling after an external PR told Sky News that the company is 'not connected' to the author.
Yeah, well, Warner has not issued an official statement on the Ezra Miller situation, what else would anyone expect from them if not to somewhat protect themselves and the author responsible for giving them hundreds upon hundreds of million of dollars of profits and will continue to do so for, as they said, decades to come.

Fuck that company, for real, they are not brave enough to speak up and frankly they don't have absolutely any need to do it and they know it. So many people still love and will love the series and keep consuming the products, much more than the ones who won't ever engage with the series or the studios and that's all they care about.

Fuck them.

Status
Not open for further replies.