• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
Tip for y'all don't set anything on the back window with your trunk open. Sometimes those things slide down right when you close your trunk then your rear window gets mad and then you get even more mad.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Damn Tesla has some really shitty lending partners. they offered me 60mo 3.45% LOL no.

Went and found a lender to give me 60mo 1.99%
Really? I got my Model S for 60mo @ 1.4% from their partner. I thought I couldn't find anything better. I don't want to know how much you put down, but did you put a chunk down? Maybe that would have helped lower the rate.

Edit:
I love seeing new Tesla owners and reading this thread. I was so excited when we were getting ours that i thought I was going to shit myself with excitement. When reading this thread, I get that same feeling from you all.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm flirting with a Model 3. My 2007 Lexus ES350 is getting old. Figured if I reserve now it would be delivered around the time I'm ready to rid myself of it.

Had an electrician come to my house so I can look into installing a 50amp charger for my Tesla. It's gonna require a panel upgrade $2800

YIKES

So this motivated me to get a quote and he would do it for a cool $1500. Thinking of just getting it out of the way.

Also - I just have to thank you for your contributions to the thread and that your enthusiasm is contagious.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I'm flirting with a Model 3. My 2007 Lexus ES350 is getting old. Figured if I reserve now it would be delivered around the time I'm ready to rid myself of it.

So this motivated me to get a quote and he would do it for a cool $1500. Thinking of just getting it out of the way.

Also - I just have to thank you for your contributions to the thread and that your enthusiasm is contagious.
At least up through the end of 2017 I believe you can get a tax credit of up to $1000 for installation of charging hardware.

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I got my Model S for 60mo @ 1.4% from their partner. I thought I couldn't find anything better. I don't want to know how much you put down, but did you put a chunk down? Maybe that would have helped lower the rate.

I think they are offering promotional rates to help move the Model S and X, they aren't offering anything like that for the 3.

Edit:
I love seeing new Tesla owners and reading this thread. I was so excited when we were getting ours that i thought I was going to shit myself with excitement. When reading this thread, I get that same feeling from you all.

Yeah I've been nerding out pretty hard, just gotta wait a few more weeks...

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
How are you liking the car? I still don't have my VIN or an assigned delivery date. It seems like they are holding CA to the last second to squeeze in deliveries this quarter. Frustrating since I have a ton of driving to do next week.

Digging the car, it's my first tesla so it's been pretty awesome. Never driven an electric car before either. No real complaints.

Edit:

Rates for model S and X are far better. I put down plenty and I have top tier credit.

Good luck with the install! $1500 sounds spendy unless you are upgrading your panel.

Last edited:

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I think they are offering promotional rates to help move the Model S and X, they aren't offering anything like that for the 3.

Rates for model S and X are far better. I put down plenty and I have top tier credit.

I had no idea the finance options were different. Model 3's can get expensive too.

I'm glad you like your car. Hope more people are able to get them.

I know people didn't like the way the dash screen was implemented. How do you like it?

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
I had no idea the finance options were different. Model 3's can get expensive too.

I'm glad you like your car. Hope more people are able to get them.

I know people didn't like the way the dash screen was implemented. How do you like it?

The dashboard is weird at night since it's a black void in front of you when you are used to some lights from a dashboard. I don't have an issue with what they have done. A hud would have been nice though.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
They give you a call?

Tesla called me to tell me my rear window has arrived ordered on Monday and it arrived on Saturday. Will have it replaced on Wednesday!

Not yet. Finished the financing stuff but I have not heard from my delivery person yet. Seems like they are getting as many non CA cars onto trucks as possible before they start delivering ours :(

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA

latest

6JPwLc

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
They give you a call?

Tesla called me to tell me my rear window has arrived ordered on Monday and it arrived on Saturday. Will have it replaced on Wednesday!

Finally got the call. They are bringing the car from the bay area to LA over the weekend, but the first appointment they could give me is a week from tomorrow.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got mine on order since January. Test drove and immediately put the money down. I live around Pittsburgh and our local gas station chain sheetz made a deal recently for supercharge stations so in 12-18 months I can definitely get a 220 line somewhere.

Do you guys who have it use the auto drive? I think it was pretty cool but can't see myself using it much where I live and it costs a lot more

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
Got mine on order since January. Test drove and immediately put the money down. I live around Pittsburgh and our local gas station chain sheetz made a deal recently for supercharge stations so in 12-18 months I can definitely get a 220 line somewhere.

Do you guys who have it use the auto drive? I think it was pretty cool but can't see myself using it much where I live and it costs a lot more

I've used the enhanced autopilot for 100+ highway miles so far and it's been pretty good. I tried some non-highway driving on the following road and it only tried to kill me a few times which I thought was impressive considering the road was pretty curvy. Here was that route. https://binged.it/2GKh9IV

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Yay got them to bump my delivery date up a day to Monday. Gonna be a looooooong weekend.

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
Well it looks like I'll be driving this Model S for a while. The installer was supposed to install the rear window on Wednesday but for some reason couldn't do it. Was expecting the work to occur today but I just called Tesla and they said that the window installer can't come in until Tuesday of next week! So looks like I won't get my car back until Wednesday. :( At least they are letting me use the S loaner during the time.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered day 1 for the model 3 and still waiting. I'm guessing because I'm opting for the $35k model I won't see anything before October.

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
this thing looks like a mazda 3. i'll wait until BMW and Audi decide to jump in and play. lemme get that electric M3 boii

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Only have driven it about 10 miles. It handles great so far. Acceleration was enough to make my wife angry when I did not warn her before I gunned it. Sat in the driveway playing with some settings and tuned the stereo. The regen braking is a little bit aggressive for my taste so I set that to low. When you get one, definitely check it over. Mine had some scuffs on the front which needed to be buffed out from the ride on the truck (I guess). They took care of it in about 10 minutes. I love the minimalist interior including the wood, but would have opted for a less shiny material for the center console. It is a fingerprint magnet.

Those are my thoughts from 10 miles. My Checkbook is a lot lighter, but my heart is full of joy.

Feb 1, 2018
this thing looks like a mazda 3. i'll wait until BMW and Audi decide to jump in and play. lemme get that electric M3 boii

I'm actually a TSLA shareholder but I gotta say that BMW is a great Tesla competitor and the only other company (aside from Porsche I guess) that actually gives a shit. They are betting big on electric- they announced the other day plans to offer 25 different plug-in models (this includes PHEV's) by 2025.

The current i3 is a great car, you should test drive one. NOT an econobox like the internet thinks (or like the Bolt). It's a carbon fiber, rear wheel drive BMW and it's very fun to drive. They have a new sport model called i3s for 2018. The leases are cheap as hell. And the best part is you can get one right now instead of waiting on an indefinite list for 3 years. Battery model gets 120 miles of range, REX (gas generator) model gets 120 + 80 miles gas so 200. YMMV of course depending on AC, weather, uphill, and driving style, but those numbers are from my experience.

They will update the i3 either late this year or next year with a bigger battery so expect about 150 miles of range and then add 80 for the REX unit so 230 which is tesla tier.

Finally re: the i3- it is manufactured in a brand new Germany facility that is IIRC 100% sustainably powered. Elon would approve. The car itself is also made primarily of sustainably/responsibly sourced materials.

They also currently offer plugin hybrid versions of the 3, 5, and X5. The 5 qualifies for a carpool sticker in CA. So does the i3, obviously. And CARB hands out multi-thousand dollar rebate checks to you just for leasing one. Free money. No brainer. SoCal Edison also has a 450 dollar cash reward if you're with them.

The next electric BMW's will be the new mini cooper and X3 (called iX3), and then the i4 which will come in 2020 which is basically their Model 3 equivalent- compact, mainstream sedan.

I don't think we will ever see electric M cars, that fanbase is addicted to loud noises and huffing gasoline so they'll start insane amounts of online REEEEEE drama if something like an M3 is even offered as a hybrid.