• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
I want to give a very special thank you to the great people at Slaent!
As far as I am concerned, that community and this one is one and the same.
Due to the apocalypse, they found themselves flooded with new users which put a stress on the team and they could have very easily just shut down the door, but instead, were very welcoming and worked around the clock to make sure the site kept running smoothly. And in the process they even setup a thread allowing users to find their way here.

They were welcoming and kind to us in a way that was really inspiring and I hope this friendship lasts as long as the internets.

Once again! Thank you all!

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to echo that. SL&ENT was very accommodating and I liked their site. I'll probably continue to check (well, until we get a Star Trek: Discovery thread over here)

Raiku

Oct 25, 2017
California, USHeyHey!
Yes! Thank you Reilo, Sharp and all the boys over there for letting us chill while everything was confusing. They didn't have to but they did. Some chill vibes in that place. Fantastic design as well. I'll buy any of those guys a drink anytime. -------> slaent.com <--------

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll still keep myself going to Slaent. I loved the forum, and everyone was AAA helping everyone transition and gather up to move to ResetERA.

They were the NBA community that was excised from GAF before and made their own thing, with blackjack and... threads

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely agree, very cool site that has the added bonus of not being blocked by my work's firewall.

....fingers crossed for this site

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
100% agree. I shall be splitting my time between both forums. Slaent guys are awesome, so welcoming and friendly. They had to deal with a lot of lodgers.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
They went above and beyond the call of duty to aid in the transition and provide a place for refugees to relax and have some semblance of familiarity with people they recognize.

They also allowed us to vent our frustrations about our predicament

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Many thanks to Relio for hosting footygaf when it got nuked 2-3 years ago.

A big thank you for your assistance in the transition for ResetEra. I said I would maintain a presence both here and @ Slaent. I will hold my word. fine community.

Shoutout to Beans and JershJopstin who couldnt make because they were afk. Hope to c'yall here soon.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I plan to stay active on SL&ENT for my assorted Sports, Life and Entertainment needs. They're a top-class community and there's always room for more of that in my online diet.

And I think it should be clear after this week that putting all one's eggs in a single forum's basket can be problematic.

Hawk

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought that they were in some way affiliated, however apparently not.Also it was especially awesome because they're not even a gaming forum but they let us kinda do our thing in the entertainment section.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, thanks guys! Y'all got a really awesome community, disappointed I didn't know of it earlier. I'll certainly be active there and here in the future.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those SL&ENT guys are good people. Ill be hanging around in both communities.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I'll still keep myself going to Slaent. I loved the forum, and everyone was AAA helping everyone transition and gather up to move to ResetERA.

They were the NBA community that was excised from GAF before and made their own thing, with blackjack and... threads
What exactly happened with NBA community, btw?

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Fitness folks won't be budging from Slaent. Hello from here to there! I'll still go there for all your expert advice.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. I really liked the vibe those guys curated. I don't know how active I'll be over there but it's a nice forum that I'm going to enjoy browsing.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Props to SL&ENT, you folks are great. Certainly will be spending time there as recent events have taught me to not put all those eggs into one basket.

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
Slaent was super chill, will definitely be checking in there from time to time. I hope they are free to join us as well.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
I want to thank them as well. Had fun chatting with the members on Discord while waiting for the codes to be sent out.

Gordon Shumway

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melmac
Been my second home since inception..awesome of them to accommodate those who were lost in the shit blizzard..

tzcfux.gif

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously getting us in last minute like that was super cool of them. Definitely not forgetting about that site.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SL&ENT is always good people. They're always an accommodating place.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to give a special thank you to the folks over at Waypoint, especially one certain mod who is the reason I reached the ERA Discord.

Thank you for the help. Appreciate it!

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
I want to give a very special thank you to the great people at Slaent!
As far as I am concerned, that community and this one is one and the same.
Due to the apocalypse, they found themselves flooded with new users which put a stress on the team and they could have very easily just shut down the door, but instead, were very welcoming and worked around the clock to make sure the site kept running smoothly. And in the process they even setup a thread allowing users to find their way here.

They were welcoming and kind to us in a way that was really inspiring and I hope this friendship lasts as long as the internets.

Once again! Thank you all!

Agreed.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't aware of Slaent until this very day and they were so welcome to new faces they helped me get here! Very much appreciated, and a good group of folks.