• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
Outkast's "Elevators" came on the radio the other day as I was driving to work and for some reason, it made me feel old as f**k. Probably because it's over 20 years old now.

Last edited:

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The episode of The Simpsons that had the Steamed Ham sequence, "22 Short Stories about Springfield", turned 22 years old this month in April 14th.. :(
Fuck, I remember watching that when it aired. I fucking miss college.

Speaking of college, I live in a college town and I have for the last 17 years. Very recently it dawned on me that I am old enough to be these kids' father. THAT hurt.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like some of the people you guys have interacted with aren't just young but stupid too

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
The kid that bullied me at school was picking up trash in front of my parked car at the city center. He looked exactly the same but this was over 15 years later.

tino

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recently trade in my PS4 for 170 cash and leave with no modern console in my procession. I just come to term with the fact that I enjoy watch playthru on youtube as much as I play the games myself.

It's really not a "shit I am old" moment but its close to it.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Realizing I graduated high school half my life ago.

... among many other moments.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife turns 48 today. When we started dating, she was 30 and I surprised that I was interested in an "older" chick.

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't start to feel old until people started treating me like absolute shit.

When I was in my 20s I'd like to have conversations with anyone. You could be 80 or 8, didn't really care. I saw people as people, that's just how I was, and if you were people I wanted to get to know you. This was apparently OK if you're in your mid-20s, and 15 years ago when society wasn't yet in a persistent state of low-level panic.
Exact same person except now mid-30s and balding and ugly, and the same behavior -- no ulterior motives, mind you, just saying hello to strangers -- and I'm apparently some super-creepy weirdo, someone ought to call the police. Because I'm ugly and said hi and that means I'm Jeffrey Dahmer or something. Also, the world has changed and apparently that means you STFU and mind your own business.

Well, be glad, because I learned. I know my place now. When you're old and ugly, people don't want you to exist. Like most people my age or older, I avoid talking to others now, as much as I can manage.* Killing myself would be ideal, I guess, but failing that, it is my obligation to society to be as invisible as possible. No wonder old people are committing suicide in droves, but I guess that's a good thing because it's what everyone wants.

I guess some folks who experience bigotry are all "welcome to my world", but if not, don't worry, it'll happen to you too.

*And people here are constantly whining about how lonely they are. Huh.

Last edited:

iAmPossum

Oct 29, 2017

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
the OP makes it sound like the younger kid was looking at your collection of food.

Anyway, on topic; PLaystation Access did a brief video of this and basically the entire thing comes down to time, as you get older you just simply don't have time, but then i've found the Switch is the perfect antidote to this, being able to just have 10 minutes here and there on the Switch is much more convenient than booting up the ps4, as silly as that might seem.

Badassperger

Feb 13, 2018
I'm 33. Due to life being life, I'm going to finally start a studysat a university this September. During a matching day, I was sat next to someone born in 2000. That was a trip.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
When the Spyro remake was announced and people on Twitter and Insta had no idea what Spyro was.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
In my mind I always want to say the 80's was 20 years ago, the 70's was 30 years ago, the 60's was 40 years ago, etc, etc.

But nope. Add a decade, bub.

Another one is how "classic rock" is now basically grunge from the early 90's.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
When I realized kids don't use Facebook anymore, they use Snapchat. The fuck, I just created my Facebook account.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I feel old when threads come up where people mention games from their childhood and 80% of the posts are from PS360 gen....

Also, If you're 20 right now you probably never experienced life without internet or cell phones

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
-Talking about insurances and similar stuff on parties where many friends are teachers.

-When someone has a new girlfriend that is under 20 and everybody talks about how too young she is...

-When you try to explain to younger friends how the time before the internet how we know it was.

JustSomeone

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In exactly 2 years from now, i will be half as old as my country

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
Oh yeah tell me about it...next month i wil be 29, i cant believe i will be 30 soon....i-i thought im immortal and only the people around me become older :(

People born in 89-90 will be the first of the 90s kids to hit 30 soon, i was watching friends season 6 few days ago and i was weirded out by the fact im already their age lol, i was only 10 when i watched it the first time.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't start to feel old until people started treating me like absolute shit.

When I was in my 20s I'd like to have conversations with anyone. You could be 80 or 8, didn't really care. I saw people as people, that's just how I was, and if you were people I wanted to get to know you. This was apparently OK if you're in your mid-20s, and 15 years ago when society wasn't yet in a persistent state of low-level panic.
Exact same person except now mid-30s and balding and ugly, and the same behavior -- no ulterior motives, mind you, just saying hello to strangers -- and I'm apparently some super-creepy weirdo, someone ought to call the police. Because I'm ugly and said hi and that means I'm Jeffrey Dahmer or something. Also, the world has changed and apparently that means you STFU and mind your own business.

Well, be glad, because I learned. I know my place now. When you're old and ugly, people don't want you to exist. Like most people my age or older, I avoid talking to others now, as much as I can manage.* Killing myself would be ideal, I guess, but failing that, it is my obligation to society to be as invisible as possible. No wonder old people are committing suicide in droves, but I guess that's a good thing because it's what everyone wants.

I guess some folks who experience bigotry are all "welcome to my world", but if not, don't worry, it'll happen to you too.

*And people here are constantly whining about how lonely they are. Huh.
Sorry man

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the people posting in this thread are not old enough to complain about being old.

You can't really complain about getting old until shit starts breaking.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
655dc9F.png

Just had one of these rn

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
30 here, I don't feel old yet, everything works great.

The only thing that gives me pause to say, "I've seen some shit" is the new technology and my brothers kids.

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
You can't really complain about getting old until shit starts breaking.
Eh, I dunno. I'm not as healthy now as I was when I was 20, but I've seen firsthand that people can break at any age.
Thanks. . . I'm kind of surprised at how OK I am with being socially irrelevant, though. If kids don't understand me now. . . hell, I was a marginal kid so they didn't understand me when I was a kid!

If anything I'm filled with equal parts disgust and pity. I can't do anything about a world that treats old ugly people like crap, but it's not like everyone else is happy. I'm surrounded by people young and old who are lonely, depressed, and crying out in pain for someone to understand them, but they also treat each other like shit and judge the hell out of others. I'm sure I was treated better in the past because I looked better so it's not like the world has gotten that much worse, but I do see a recent social change where people younger than me are (on average) much faster to make a snap judgement, like they can completely figure someone out in three seconds. No way in hell I'm the only one living the negative consequences of that.

Last edited: