• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Pretty much everyone from Hades, but I'm gonna pick something different and go with Korsica, from Hi-Fi Rush.

latest

She's great, I love how she looks.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
Ahhh the perennial character design thread we've been doing since 2008 when the pizza sword dropped. Now enhanced with corny slang. They just get better every year! :::mutters in old:::

Yeul

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo many Kazuma Kaneko designs are amazing.

Hee-ho! Jack Frost, ho.

Raidou.
latest

Also Maya because I love her.

OP
OP
doops.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Ahhh the perennial character design thread we've been doing since 2008 when the pizza sword dropped. Now enhanced with corny slang. They just get better every year! :::mutters in old:::

GJXhVsJXgAAdZcm.jpg

(In all seriousness though, outside of gaming, Kamala Khan would be a personal pick of mine for this, speaking of which.)

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really love the design of Shulk in Xenoblade 3 Future Redeemed. Rex got a pretty good glow up as well.

latest

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Aranea Highwind from Final Fantasy XV, such a criminally underused character. I wanted her to be a main party member in FFXV SOOOO BAD - and it hurt even more when her DLC was canceled, robbing of us of the chance to truly see her shine.

latest

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
So, so, so many.

To name some characters from games, because I'm on mobile and a bit busy, but:

Xenoblade 3
Fire Emblem Engage
Guilty Gear Strive

and many, many others

So many amazing character designs in each, so many fun ones too, with cool clothing.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Aranea Highwind from Final Fantasy XV, such a criminally underused character. I wanted her to be a main party member in FFXV SOOOO BAD - and it hurt even more when her DLC was canceled, robbing of us of the chance to truly see her shine.

shame she could've been one of the all time classic FF characters. but like most things in the game the concepts/characters/ect were reduced to a demo reel of what they had set out to do

Dec 30, 2020
XC2-Finch.jpg

Finch from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I swear I've spent more time studying Finch's goggles/mask than any other outfit/accessory in any other game.

Oct 27, 2017
Kimberly (and SF6 in general) ia a great pic because that style is exactly what grabbed me and made my non SF fan self pick up SF (and choose her as a main).

I'd also add Reptile/Syzoth from Mk1. Outclasses even the "main" ninjas imo.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
While I often adhere to the idea than a character should be defined by more than their outfits and props, this right here might have an argument for being the best use of outfits, props, and body shape to define a series of character in anything this side of the millennium.
I mean... these characters have incredible personality and character as well. They both have incredible visual communication while still being more than that.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
latest

Mega Man X took everyone's favorite cute blue bomber and turned him into a badass robot warrior. You might even say he's a super fighting robot.
4-year-old me could not tell you of a cooler character design.

This is the one. Adult me could not tell you of a cooler character design!

Bonus points for X's absolutely phenomenal Command Mission design too:

u9smjb4bfjo41.jpg

HE'S SO FUCKING COOL MAN

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Sorry, I can't post an image at the moment, but I'm applaud that we're three pages in and not a single person has posted Jetstream Sam (Metal Gear Rising)

Pfantzypantz

Oct 27, 2017
Naotora Li from Sengoku Basara 4- Her design alone got me to try the Sengoku Basara series, and I've loved it ever since

latest

NyasOminously

Aug 12, 2022
latest

I adore the design for the Executors in Pathologic 2. A striking mix of imposing, ominous, and theatrical to match the game itself.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see mentions of Corvo and Emily from the Dishonored games. Most of the characters in those games looked amazing.

My pick which I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet is the motherfucking G-Virus William Birkin (RE2):
latest

g.png

I distinctly remember seeing the original on gaming magazine cover as a kid and being fascinated and horrified by it ever since.
To me it's up there with the Xenomorph in terms of cooking.