Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
From the Peyton Reeds, to the James Gunns, to the...Russos. I accept this movie. Wait a second. Wait a second. Of Scott Dickereon, of the main man himself, Jon Watts. God, it was beautiful. But then came that mid credits scene, and they can all... KISS... MY... ASS!

I didn't even watch the other stinger because fuck you Russos.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From the Peyton Reeds, to the James Gunns, to the...Russos. I accept this movie. Wait a second. Wait a second. Of Scott Dickereon, of the main man himself, Jon Watts. God, it was beautiful. But then came that mid credits scene, and they can all... KISS... MY... ASS!

I hope Thanos breaks Captain Marvel arm and kills Widow because FUCCCCCCKKKKKK YYYYYYOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU

Ahhhhhh!!!! What does this mean! I got to stay strong until tomorrow.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017

Come on, you knew it was going to happen.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think this was my least favorite phase 3 film but I still enjoyed it a lot, which is a testament to how insanely strong phase 3 has been. All the characters were great, Cassie was especially a standout.
This is where I stand. Cassie had an amazing performance and really worked well together with Paul Rudd. The movie had strong and interesting characters but is then being let down by a very mediocre plot. They also don't get that creative with the size-changing abilities which is baffling to me. They need to go all out in a sequel. Maybe change up the writer's room a bit, possibly even the director's chair.

Oh, and here's a new trailer exploring the Quantum Realm. I wouldn't watch it if you haven't seen the movie:

Last edited:

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised by some saying they didn't up the action or shrinking/growing when they inarguably did.

I think the trailers showed too much.

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
Guardians 2 is the weakest phase 3 imo.

And it's hilarious folks were shitting on Doctor Strange then after his power buff in IW they stanning for a sequel. Lo fucking l.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Strange is still the weakest phase 3 film for me by a mile. Which is much more a compliment to the strength of this slate of movies than it is a diss to Strange.

A&TW is resting just above Strange for me. Great movie, and the perfect MCU movie for me to take my son to on opening night. He loved it.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure if you guys are openly discussing Ant-Man & The Wasp here, but please remember some of us have to wait till the 18th.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been thinking about the credit scene

I expected someone to get dusted but not all three of them. Given Evangeline Lilly mentioning that she had a small role in Avengers 4, I didn't expect her to go too. If the rumors of a time jump are true, I wonder if we really will see young Cassie as her dad's partner.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So I've been thinking about the credit scene

I expected someone to get dusted but not all three of them. Given Evangeline Lilly mentioning that she had a small role in Avengers 4, I didn't expect her to go too. If the rumors of a time jump are true, I wonder if we really will see young Cassie as her dad's partner.

Emma Fuhrmann was cast in Avengers 4 and it's apparently for a teenage Cassie Lang.

DbEJtGAX0AUL1nX.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Emma Fuhrmann was cast in Avengers 4 and it's apparently for a teenage Cassie Lang.

DbEJtGAX0AUL1nX.jpg
I'm just thinking, isn't Cassie about 7 years old in Ant-Man and the Wasp? She would be 12 in Avengers 4 then. Still seems pretty young for a super hero.

But then I'm reminded of Power Pack lol. And Peter is also 15. Shuri too.

Also, I wish they wouldn't recast Cassie, and just let her grow into the role the next 10 years.

Hasbro's SDCC exclusive:
MARVEL-LEGENDS-SERIES-RED-SKULL-ELECTRONIC-TESSERACT-in-pkg2.png

MARVEL-LEGENDS-SERIES-RED-SKULL-ELECTRONIC-TESSERACT-in-pkg1.png

MARVEL-LEGENDS-SERIES-RED-SKULL-ELECTRONIC-TESSERACT-oop2.png
That's one ugly figure. Though Red Skull is my favorite villain, or at least used to be.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
they showed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much in the trailers for antman + wasp

very un-marvel like, that surprised me.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I wonder how much of Coulson being in Captain Marvel is going to mess up Agents of Shield earlier seasons when he doesn't know the Kree etc. Be interesting to see if they pay attention to it or just not bother.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
In the /film interview, Feige seems to imply that Marvel Studios films for the Disney streaming service are under consideration:

Disney has a streaming service coming up. I know largely you and the TV have kind of been separate entities. If there were to be a Marvel movie for the Disney streaming service, would that be you guys or would that be the Marvel TV people?

There have been, we've started discussing the streaming service. It's going to be an important thing for the company. And we're figuring out what our involvement will be in it now.

I hope that happens. Could be a good fit for certain characters like She-Hulk that wouldn't work well on a TV budget, but aren't really suited to $170 million theatrical blockbuster budgets, either.

I'd put Black Widow in this category too, given the types of stories she's generally appeared in as a solo character in comics, but that ship might already have sailed.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It turns out Steven Spielberg recommended Hannah John-Kamen to Peyton Reed in a letter:
(LA Times)
"It said, 'Dear Peyton,' " the Ant-Man and the Wasp director explained. " 'I'm excited you're doing the movie and I just want to put in the good word for Hannah. I worked with her and she was terrific. Signed, Steven Spielberg.'"

Btw, one of the writers of Marvel's New Warriors, Kevin Biegel, has reminded the world of how awesome the show is, and amazing the cast is:

Some random guy (that we do not know who is currently) has at the same time stated it'll air on Freeform (even though they didn't have room for it a year ago, they are apparently freeing up space by cancelling a bunch of shows they don't have the rights to), so take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Firstly, good to see at least someone in an upper echelon position remembers New Warriors still exists.

Secondly, give my girl Gwenpool that first streaming service movie.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A new Howard the Duck movie for the streaming service? That would be fun.

Btw, I'm going out to see A&tW in 15 minutes. Can't wait

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just thinking, isn't Cassie about 7 years old in Ant-Man and the Wasp? She would be 12 in Avengers 4 then. Still seems pretty young for a super hero.

But then I'm reminded of Power Pack lol. And Peter is also 15. Shuri too.

Also, I wish they wouldn't recast Cassie, and just let her grow into the role the next 10 years.

Cassie is 10 in Ant-Man and the Wasp. A five year time skip would put her at 15. I think her character arc will be that she is frantically trying to find some way to get her dad back. She may even believe her father survived the snap when everyone else believes he died. It just seems like the kind of call back to the comics, and Cassie's arc in Young Avengers, that Marvel loves to put to film.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else find it weird Scott and Hope somehow had no idea the Avengers were warring with alien invaders when they were on the roof? It wasn't exactly a secret, it was all over the news.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else find it weird Scott and Hope somehow had no idea the Avengers were warring with alien invaders when they were on the roof? It wasn't exactly a secret, it was all over the news.
The movie is likely set before IW and they had no idea about the CIRCLE SHIP in Brooklyn since it was in the morning and thought "Oh that's Iron Man flying to it, they'll handle it."

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
The movie is likely set before IW and they had no idea about the CIRCLE SHIP in Brooklyn since it was in the morning and thought "Oh that's Iron Man flying to it, they'll handle it."

The battle over Wakanda seemed to be widely televised on SHIELD. They should've seen that. Seems weird they were super lax on the roof in light of that lol

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The battle over Wakanda seemed to be widely televised on SHIELD. They should've seen that. Seems weird they were super lax on the roof in light of that lol
I'm sure the Van Dynes and Scott thought "Maybe we should help" and Hank is like "There's Stark, jackass. Fuck him."

Status
Not open for further replies.