Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Actually what pisses me off from the snap is that Hope won't work with the Avengers unlike Panther, Witch and Falcon at Wakanda.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of this is making me wonder if
Scott's actually the main character of Avengers 4? Time vortex, quantum realm, grown Cassie, this is all his stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if him exiting the Quantum Realm and being transported five years into the future is how the movie starts.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Scott's actually the main character of Avengers 4? Time vortex, quantum realm, grown Cassie, this is all his stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if him exiting the Quantum Realm and being transported five years into the future is how the movie starts.
Would make sense as an audience insert of him catching up on events and what happened to characters

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017

The Russos have really talked his part up for the movie. This could be the play.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No I don't think he's going to be the main character, but I bet he's going to have a big part to play.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming she'll stick around afterwards, no? Hopefully she'll get to interact with them in whatever teamup happens in Phase 4.
I mean like how Falcon and Witch were in Wakanda or Spidey/Strange with Tony. Granted, Clint and Scott were left out too but they are in focus for A4 but the only new character post A3 is Carol.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Upset about Ditko's passing, was there ever any sort of rumour of reported comment on what he thought of Dr Strange film or even any of the Spider-Man films?

I know he was a recluse who valued privacy above all but would have been interesting to see his thoughts on the cinematic adaptions of his work.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
You won't have long to wait for that.

People slept on this post.

I remember the previous rumour for Spider-Man: SequelComing was that Mysterio was working for *Real Big Bad* who would play a part going forwards but wasn't the general consensus it was Norman Osborn?

If they're setting up Norman, as well as Sinister Six where does Kingpin fit into things? Even as a jobber there isn't space and that'd be a huge disservice to him.

Also I know NetflixVerse/MCU are only 'loosely' linked, and under the control of different departments within Marvel, but this would be the biggest departure if they used a different Kingpin in Spider-Man.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
People slept on this post.

I remember the previous rumour for Spider-Man: SequelComing was that Mysterio was working for *Real Big Bad* who would play a part going forwards but wasn't the general consensus it was Norman Osborn?

If they're setting up Norman, as well as Sinister Six where does Kingpin fit into things? Even as a jobber there isn't space and that'd be a huge disservice to him.

Also I know NetflixVerse/MCU are only 'loosely' linked, and under the control of different departments within Marvel, but this would be the biggest departure if they used a different Kingpin in Spider-Man.
Manabyte was taking a piss. Kingpin is in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which comes out in December.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think I rank the movies like this currently, but I would like to watch Ant-Man and the Wasp a second time.

eraflq8r.jpg

Last edited:

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrog, but (possible A&tW spoilers):
Did Burch mention that he was trying to steal Pym's tech for a client of his? I have a theory of who this client may be, but I want to be sure I'm not misremembering anything.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I'll give you iron man 3, but age of ultron deserves the hate
Age of Ultron has aged fine for me. Moreso than a few other ones. Also there's a certain thing about Whedon's Avenger's movies that hasn't been captured since. The team feels like a team. Whereas later movies they dont feel like one (and rightfully so Civil War follows it). But not just that there's a sense of camaraderie that hasn't been captured since.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Age of Ultron has aged fine for me. Moreso than a few other ones. Also there's a certain thing about Whedon's Avenger's movies that hasn't been captured since. The team feels like a team. Whereas later movies they dont feel like one (and rightfully so Civil War follows it). But not just that there's a sense of camaraderie that hasn't been captured since.

That's because you have to split them apart before their big reunion vs Thanos.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Also there's a certain thing about Whedon's Avenger's movies that hasn't been captured since. The team feels like a team. Whereas later movies they dont feel like one (and rightfully so Civil War follows it). But not just that there's a sense of camaraderie that hasn't been captured since.
I can sort of agree with this, the Avengers haven't been together since AoU. But when to teams, I think the guardians of the galaxy movies did it pretty well

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
just got to Avengers #29 in Hickman's run

so beautiful. super intense showdown between rogers and stark. CINEMATIC.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Where is the hate? They're good movies. I especially like Age of Ultron.
Just look at their rankings. Why people rank them so low IDK.
If you do an MCU run of every movie before every Avengers movie you get to see how the movies age. In my most recent one Iron Man 2 didn't drag as much as before. And now I can't reconcile Thor with Branagh's Thor 1 characterization.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Just look at their rankings. Why people rank them so low IDK.
If you do an MCU run of every movie before every Avengers movie you get to see how the movies age. In my most recent one Iron Man 2 didn't drag as much as before. And now I can't reconcile Thor with Branagh's Thor 1 characterization.
I think you've been looking at my ranking further up the page, where I got Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3 among the 5 last rankings. That doesn't mean that they're bad movies. I very much like Age of Ultron, but there's just movies I like even more. I love that The First Avenger is a time piece, while I've always had something for Branagh's Thor. And Iron Man 2 is the one movie I've had a soft spot for. All of the movies are good in their own way. But the ranking is dynamic, so they always move around depending on mood.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
IM3 grew on me, it's the breather after Avengers 1 and I think people tend to forget that.
I wouldn't say Iron Man 3 is a breather or even an uplifting film. It's very much about Tony Stark and him dealing with his post traumatic syndrome after the events of The Avengers. If I rewatch it, it may grow on me too, but I remember when I saw it around Christmas last year there was a subplot that made no sense, while the extremis plot just wasn't all that interesting. Tony does have my favorite suit in that movie though. It also has its own charm since it's the only MCU film taking place during Christmas and I really like it for that. Was it Iron Man 3 who had the Mandarin fake-out? Cause I liked that.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
Captain Marvel has wrapped filming.

This continues to cause me pain.

I dont get the Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron hate. They're way better than people given them credit for.

I love them both. My only thing is that IM3 is a great Tony Stark movie but a poor Iron Man movie. I love watching him whiz around in suits but he barely does that in the movie. It's a great story for Tony's character though.

I also love Ultron but mostly because we just jump right into the Avengers avenging.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
There really isn't a Marvel movie I don't like. I'm fully invested in all of it. Now some of them are better than others, but I happily rewatch all of them at some point.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I even wrote a post back in February singing my praises for Avengers: Age of Ultron and how much I liked different elements of it. There is no hate.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the /film interview, Feige seems to imply that Marvel Studios films for the Disney streaming service are under consideration:

I hope that happens. Could be a good fit for certain characters like She-Hulk that wouldn't work well on a TV budget, but aren't really suited to $170 million theatrical blockbuster budgets, either.

I'd put Black Widow in this category too, given the types of stories she's generally appeared in as a solo character in comics, but that ship might already have sailed.
I'd love to see Marvel continue with the idea of "One-Shots" mixed in with Amazon's Pilot Screening thing. In other words, maybe every year, once every two years, make a feature-length TV pilot about a hero, like She-Hulk or Moon Knight or Paste-Pot Pete, and see the reaction to it on social media. If there's enough enthusiasm and excitement about a given property, convert into a TV show.
Correct me if I'm wrog, but (possible A&tW spoilers):
Did Burch mention that he was trying to steal Pym's tech for a client of his? I have a theory of who this client may be, but I want to be sure I'm not misremembering anything.
Burch says he's got multiple buyers lined up for the lab, likely since the same source who told him Sunny = Hope also helped him connect the dots on the tech they were procuring. He then told buyers ahead of time he could get the tech in Pym's lab, too.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
There really isn't a Marvel movie I don't like. I'm fully invested in all of it. Now some of them are better than others, but I happily rewatch all of them at some point.

Yyyup. Same with Star Wars for me as well. I will gladly consume anything Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm want to create at this point. Keep it coming. Especially MCU movies - I feel like it's all a long running show at this point and I just have longer to wait between episodes.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i love iron man 3

age of ultron is bottom 5 mcu and probably the most disappointing mcu film considering my expectations going in >_<

luckily civil war and infinity war more than made up for it

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I like both Iron Man 3 and AoU, but to say that those films don't get hate is ridiculous. You don't even have to look very far, any Era MCU thread will have someone shitting on those two movies (among others).

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I was only saying I didn't hate on them. But you're right that a lot of people around the net are critisizing Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3, just like a lot of people like to critisize Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk and The Dark World.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Iron Man 2 holds up better on rewatches. And I know people say you cant use this as an argument but the sake of the MCU movies I saw the knowledge from future movies actually enhances it a bit.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm too damn excited for Hawkeyes role in A4, I'm probably just setting myself up for disappointment, but hopefully he has a pretty meaty role after being absent from IW.

Status
Not open for further replies.