Status
Not open for further replies.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
While I am looking forward to seeing Captain Marvel in Avengers 4, I do hope she doesn't have too big of a role in defeating Thanos. This has been built up for so long, I wouldn't want someone just been introduced at the last minute as a bit of a deus ex machina.

They won't be so stupid, that would be like having Superman coming at the last minute to bitchslap the villain, while smiling, and the rest of the Justice League just looking at him

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I hope for a grand space adventure, but I know there'll be Earth-based stuff with S.H.I.E.L.D., Coulson and Nick Fury too so that's fine. Hopefully it'll be more like Space 60-40 Earth.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
They won't be so stupid, that would be like having Superman coming at the last minute to bitchslap the villain, while smiling, and the rest of the Justice League just looking at him
Yeah that sounds dumb. I mean really who would do? That would be like putting in the effort to make a strong female character in her origin movie and then undoing most of that work in the team up. Or making one character a one dimensional joke who's only moment of character development is played off as a joke.
It should be Black Widow that single-handedly kills Thanos. Then everyone will be happy.
My man!

Oct 29, 2017
I'm interested to see if much of the public draws parallels between Cap and Dragon Ball.

What with her having a similar enough powerset and the ability to go Super Saiyan. May seem like a silly point but I expect to see lots of shit on social media about it.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
While I am looking forward to seeing Captain Marvel in Avengers 4, I do hope she doesn't have too big of a role in defeating Thanos. This has been built up for so long, I wouldn't want someone just been introduced at the last minute as a bit of a deus ex machina.

I think she will tip the scale for the heavy hitters of the mcu, not outright mess up thanos by herself.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Quick question about the Marvel magical de-aging software... Is this something they own ? Or is it just a tool used by one of the multiple VFX companies working for them ? Can another movie benefit from their magic ?

Last edited:

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Who have the rights for dragon ball live action movie? Better start working on it now
How quickly we forget.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The editing of Avengers 4 has begun. And they got plenty of time:
"We're just starting the edit," Feige said. "The brothers [directors Joe and Anthony Russo] have worked on their cut, and we've been together in the editing room for a couple weeks now, so it's very early days. But it's much earlier than usual, right? Usually we're still filming. Captain Marvel comes out in March, while this one comes out in May and we're already starting. It's fun to get a jump, it's good having already shot the majority of the movie. So we're just getting into our traditional editorial process now."

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
J.B. Smoove as a lead role in a superhero movie? That's....inspired.

Could be a villain but for some reason my mind immediately went to Jonah.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Spider-Man: Homecoming again, and I honestly forgot that Peter used the armpits again to float onto the ferry. I also forgot his little line to the new Shocker: "the other one was better at it... I'm honestly... Quite shocked." That got a giggle out of me. I had also forgotten that his suit is recording everything, and it went back in the archive to show Peter immitating Thor and him practicing a combo with Liz. His little flying spider drone also reminds me of Falcon's Redwing and how it can scan the environments.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could change it to JJJ's just a reporter in this, following Spidey's whereabouts to London.

Though in that case, it'd just make more sense to have JB as Robbie Robertson.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just realized that Spidey 2 is gonna to take place right after the conclusion of Avengers 4, which is rumoured to take place years after IW. I take it there's gonna be a lot more time fuckery than I first imagined? Seeing as A4 by the end will have to take place years earlier than when the film starts.

Or did Peter's entire class get dusted and have to start school again?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: you know the distress call from the ship at the beginning of Infinity War? That's actually Kenneth Branagh voicing him.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
There's no way they're gonna leave Avengers 4 years in the future. By the end everything will go back to probably right after the original snap or just before and continue on from there.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
They should be really ballsy and have GotG 3, Spidernan 2 and 3, and Dr Strange 2 all take place before infinity war.

Oct 29, 2017
There's no way they're gonna leave Avengers 4 years in the future. By the end everything will go back to probably right after the original snap or just before and continue on from there.
On the bright side, that would allow them to do some crazy shit in the future and not have to worry about the consequences or how it would affect the lore. Would be like when Heroes had one episode every season in a dystopia and you'd see elements of those things come true. Could be cool.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Iron Man again, and there's a bunch of things I forgot about. Especially the entire Air Force thing we're two F-22 fighters were told to shoot down Tony Stark in his Mark II. I wonder how much they'll delve into the Air Force with Captain Marvel. Anyway, I wanted such a sequence in that movie but realize I already got it in Iron Man.

I also love how his suit came to be in the cave, and how Stark Industries is such a huge part of the movie. And how Tony is literally getting rid of the plane and keeping the pilot.

And can I say how Mark II in silver must be my second favorite Iron Man suit after the Iron Man 3 one. Damn it's cool. With blasters in the hands, bullets in the shoulders, an auto-targeting system in the interface and flares in the hips. Love how much they delve into the details in the suit as opposed to how streamlined it has gotten in the later movies.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the theory that Captain Marvel left Fury the pager for the Skrull threat. Her film deals with them, perhaps a small earth incursion in the 90s and then she goes back off into Space properly to be involved in the Skrull/Kree conflict and other cosmic dilemmas but she left Fury the pager and instructs him to only ever use it in case of a Skrull invasion - at the end of Infinity War Fury is out of the loop Re: Thanos and thinks this world ending invasion is the Skrulls henceforth he uses the pager.

I mean it still doesn't fully explain why he hasn't used it previously, even if it wasn't a Skrull invasion you'd think he would use it in Avengers 1 at the least... but you could put it down to he hasn't heard from her in decades and never knew if she'd really answer the call, that is why he wanted to create an earth based team with the Avengers Initiative and trusted in them to deal with the Battle of NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.