Nov 14, 2017
Do I just suck at this game or are the controls on Xbox bad? I feel like I really suck at shooting and have been struggling in the opening area.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished. It's much better on Xbox than PC as it was the buggiest PC game I've ever played. On Xbox it was stable and fun. The difficulty really seemee inconsistent with some missions extremely easy and others brutally difficult. Overall, I enjoyed it. I'm certainly curious to see what the studio does next.

Einreich

Oct 28, 2017
Played the game with my main caracter. Jumped to a new coop game with my main caracter.
Decided to go back to continue the progress on my 1st playthrought. I am stuck at "the beginning" with higher lvl ennemies where I left the coop game (lvl 25-26).

Cant continue. They really hit hard. How can I continue my 1st playthrought?
I was near the end. Why cant I choose the mission I want to continue.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I just noticed, but it seems the latest patch hit the game pass version on the 3rd. It didn't have any issues automatically downloading this time.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Really enjoyed this,playing solo and with a friend,got to level 30 but had to drop the game to Easy for that last Boss,it was ridiculous and I didnt feel like trying different combinations to beat it...swarm and swarms of ennemies while you had to stand immobile for several second activating something...

Hopefully they make a sequel because the world they build was beautiful and fun.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hey everyone,

I've been holding off on playing this due to the initial concerns upon release (Steam version).

My main concern was issues with sidequests. From what I remember many sidequests would lead you into area that you were not supposed to be in yet? Has this at all been addressed... or can it even be?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do I just suck at this game or are the controls on Xbox bad? I feel like I really suck at shooting and have been struggling in the opening area.
I had the same thoughts and several people said they put aim assist on High. It does feel better and makes combat a bit more manageable. Combat is way easier on PC with a mouse.
Hey everyone,

I've been holding off on playing this due to the initial concerns upon release (Steam version).

My main concern was issues with sidequests. From what I remember many sidequests would lead you into area that you were not supposed to be in yet? Has this at all been addressed... or can it even be?
I'm level 21 and honestly, this was mostly a non-issue for me. But I didn't even focus on side quests until I was level 17 or so, then I started knocking those out when I had 15-20 minutes at a time to play.

I'm level 21 now and I've only experienced it with a handful of missions (the ones that are in Stimtown and an elevator that is taped off). It's a little annoying, yes, but it's not like there isn't anything to do and Stimtown is close to one of the earliest towns you reach, so it's not like you travel very far before realizing you can't go further.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I had the same thoughts and several people said they put aim assist on High. It does feel better and makes combat a bit more manageable. Combat is way easier on PC with a mouse.

I'm level 21 and honestly, this was mostly a non-issue for me. But I didn't even focus on side quests until I was level 17 or so, then I started knocking those out when I had 15-20 minutes at a time to play.

I'm level 21 now and I've only experienced it with a handful of missions (the ones that are in Stimtown and an elevator that is taped off). It's a little annoying, yes, but it's not like there isn't anything to do and Stimtown is close to one of the earliest towns you reach, so it's not like you travel very far before realizing you can't go further.

Good to know, looks like I'll be finally diving in tonight then. Thank you!

Oct 30, 2017
How the hell is the "final boss" so freaking hard?
I'm at like my 20th try and I don't have patience for this anymore. I've tried a couple of different combinations but I can't do it. I'm so frustrated right now.

Chili

Oct 25, 2017
Went back to this yesterday on PC. Great to see the performance issues largely resolved, runs really well now even with the ultra wide-screen correction mod.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I played it today for the 1st time with 2 of my friends. We all have XsX. The game was so buggy. The screen freezed for 2 of us where we had to be kicked and invited again. Also one of us couldn't join later so we decided we all quit and start again. When we did that no one of us could use the mission direction command (red path on the ground if down on the D-pad is clicked). The game has potential but the experience we had was aweful.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Just been getting into this game and I am fucking loving it. I can't help but feel like it was treated a little unfairly by people in terms of reception.

Is it unequivocally a great game? Maybe not, but it's just damn solid, and I wish I could say that about more games. Amazing shooting, a total audiovisual feast, and a really satisfying pace of upgrades and new mechanics. Been having a blast just puttering around this mega-dense hell-city, blowing up and blasting everything that gets in front of me.

I'd encourage anyone who was put off by tech issues earlier on to give it another shot. Been super smooth sailing for me, great PC performance, no stuttering or crashing, no major jankiness. Really impressed with what such a small team achieved, and how sort of honest and no-frills the game itself is.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Returning to this tonight and it seems ray tracing is broken on game pass PC again? Toggle does nothing.

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know how I can stop the game from auto-switching out my armour and weapons for worse versions when I pick them up?

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
far as I can tell the windows store version is multiple patches behind again. Ray tracing still doesn't work

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
How do I hack ICE 2 devices?
I don't under the Cyberdeck upgrades, I had the icepick and now found the Plug but neither can hack ICE 2. Do I need to dump points into something?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The game looks stunning, at least the surrounding. The models of the characters not so much, but they are mostly top-down, so that is fine. Gameplay is generic, but fun. The weapons sound meaty, I like that. The setting and atmosphere are great. I didn't have any problems so far with the Game Pass PC version minus some minor stuttering when entering a new area. Playing everything on Ultra on a 2070S. Turning RTX on/off doesn't seem to make any difference though. Or it's so minimal that I don't recognize it. So I turned it off in case it impacts performance. So far, this is right up my alley with all the shooting and looting. Character building seems a bit basic though and I can already see this becoming a bit stale like Warhammer 40.000: Inquisitor - Martyr. But I played that game for 50 hours, so I will make it through this one as well I guess ;)

eek

Oct 26, 2017
How do I hack ICE 2 devices?
I don't under the Cyberdeck upgrades, I had the icepick and now found the Plug but neither can hack ICE 2. Do I need to dump points into something?
There are cyberdeck upgrade loot you need to find. They're in set locations so you can look up a guide to find their locations if you don't mind spoiling that

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
68 on metacritic is so unfair. I'm glad it's on gamepass and I gave it a chance.
Well, after somewhat over three hours in I can see why the ratings are so mixed. After the initial positive impression, the game just doesn't add anything more to it. The world looks samey, the battles all feel the same, the enemy AI is braindead, the loot system is trash and character progression doesn't feel good. But the worst part is the abysmal pacing and map design. You are slowly walking from A to B more anything else. The side quests are boring and the main story doesn't seem interesting at all so far. Lots of wasted potential.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I went back nothing happened, still missing the codex achievement.
Is anyone so kind to tell me the number of entries in the codex menu?
I wonder if despite having completed the game and played for tens of hours postwards, I still miss anything.
Thanks.

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
I just start and 10 minutes in, I was unable to shoot my gun despite its laser sight being on. Is that a common bug? Checking if I misunderstood something.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm glad there wasn't photo mode day one because I would have never completed the game if so.
Just gorgeous…..took me a bit to understand you have to get rid of the UI to actually use the free POV mode but….'lost' 2 hours just drooling over the city views. Awesome.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 5 hours in, in the nuclear cooling room, after rescuing the carrier sabotage.

I find the game visually thrilling but the world too big and the shooting a tad boring.

Is there much more to discover ? More crazy weapons or powers ? It lacks the level design of Dead Nation or the frenzy of Ruiner imho.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Got GP for Halo and been playing this for the better part of the day while going through my podcast backlog, the game is kinda good for that, got the minigun and its been fun to just let em rip

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Seen this recently came out on PS5 and am quite interested. Does anyone have any impressions, about performance, gameplay, co-op experience or anything?

Also what's this about new augmented voice tech?

Edit: My bad, it's out on the 24th of this month. Will keep an eye on it!

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Seen this recently came out on PS5 and am quite interested. Does anyone have any impressions, about performance, gameplay, co-op experience or anything?

Also what's this about new augmented voice tech?

Edit: My bad, it's out on the 24th of this month. Will keep an eye on it!

The game is great, and the detail/artwork is absolutely INCREDIBLE.

Having said that, I've not played it since these recent patches came out. I highly recommend the game though, I'm sure it wil be fine on PS5.

I only played it single player.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
The game is great, and the detail/artwork is absolutely INCREDIBLE.

Having said that, I've not played it since these recent patches came out. I highly recommend the game though, I'm sure it wil be fine on PS5.

I only played it single player.
Cheers! Can you describe the action to RPG ratio? Curious about things like character customisation, quest/dialogue options, how open-ended the progression can be, etc. The only clips I've seen have appeared fun but pretty linear, and solely based on shooting. It looks nice, just curious if there's anything more to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished this last night. I didn't unlock the trophy for doing all side missions. Do they open up after finishing the main story? The game puts you in the Warrens after finishing and I can't see any side mission icons on the mini map. I did every side mission that was available on the map leading up to the last main mission.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Is anyone still playing this game? Has anyone tried out the new Cyber Heist DLC?

I've currently started playing this on Steam. I played it a little on Gamepass a while ago, but decided to buy it on sale on Steam. It's an absolutely beautiful game on PC, but am genuinely surprised at how much it makes my 3080 sweat with RT and DLSS, even at 3440x1440.