• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
2653862-5745018133-2315..gif

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, thinking about this it also kinda proves that Trump knew about it at the time with his "I love Wikileaks" comment.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Hopefully it will destroy Wikileaks' reputation once and for all. Most people who closely follow politics know they're garbage, but they're still seen as a paragon of transparency by a large chunk of the population and they're still treated with respect by other news outlets. Everytime, they leak something, AP, Reuters and others will publish articles about it without questioning the motives.

DoggosPuppersWoofers

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it will destroy Wikileaks' reputation once and for all. Most people who closely follow politics know they're garbage, but they're still seen as a paragon of transparancy by a large chunk of the population and they're still treated with respect by other news outlets. Everytime, they leak something, AP and Reuters and al. will publish articles about it without questioning the motives.

Wikileaks reputation? This should end Trump presidency. No ifs and buts.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the summary in the OP I noticed the bit about Assange asking for a copy of Trump's tax return, and I very cynically felt like deep down, it was probably just a way to make wikileaks look more balanced. Then I see the actual correspondence where he says that's exactly what they're doing.

I don't suppose tonight's episode of Maddow is showing in theaters anywhere?

Fauxpaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think that family is so ignorant that they believe saying "off the record" (in text, no less), means it can never be repeated.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really is Stupid Watergate. These people did not even try to be discreet or stealthy in their actions

Oct 26, 2017
Media outlets need to be pounding the desks on this and demanding answers for weeks to months. This is bananas, and there is no spin to be had. Don't even bother interviewing Trump's Lackeys.

Mehr

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It certainly puts a new perspective on Trumps phonecall gone wrong with the Australian PM, I wonder if he was mental enough to float the idea of Assange for ambassador

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
It certainly puts a new perspective on Trumps phonecall gone wrong with the Australian PM, I wonder if he was mental enough to float the idea of Assange for ambassador
Remember he tweeted that the UK should appoint Farage (yet another nationalist with ties to Russia) as their ambassador to the US as well, despite the UK already having an ambassador and Farage being a member and former leader of a small opposition party. It lead to a bit of a diplomatic tiff.

Wonder where he got that idea...

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure what Hillary hates more, that she lost the election or that Trump Jr. played a part in her loss.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Wikileaks reputation? This should end Trump presidency. No ifs and buts.

Judging by what's in the article, it mostly damages Wikileaks. It's them trying to collude, not the other way around. Of course, Donny Jr should have told them to fuck off right away and you can add that to the pile of circumstancial evidences, but it's still not the smoking gun.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao it was all his henchman, just laid out like that. They're gonna have to live with the consequences for this for the rest of their lives.

Oct 27, 2017
I think this story is going to fully move us into the "So what?" phase of the Trump narrative regarding the collusion investigation, which had really only been foreshadowed to this point.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by what's in the article, it mostly damages Wikileaks. It's them trying to collude, not the other way around. Of course, Donny Jr should have told them to fuck off right away and you can add that to the pile of circumstancial evidences, but it's still not the smoking gun.
They were running for president, any correspondence is collusion, and then following through is worse, and illegal. Stop making excuses for fuckups.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017

Did you miss the part where Trump Jr. DOES what Wikileaks requests? That's called cooperation.

DoggosPuppersWoofers

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Why do you think Jr posted the link that was given to him by WikiLeaks? They totally accepted help by a foreign entity here. In return, they gave WikiLeaks publicity. This is quid pro quo.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don Jr. was smart enough to not reply but he still acted on information/requests by WikiLeaks so Collusion is very much there.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As has been posted, this isn't collusion as collusion is defined a coordinating spending with a foreign national.

This is a one sided conversation from Wikileaks to Jr.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
why would Jr. do what wikileaks tells him to do?

why would wikileaks tell Jr. to have dad contest the election if he loses?

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They were running for president, any correspondence is collusion, and then following through is worse, and illegal. Stop making excuses for fuckups.
Wikileaks was considered a valid source of information though. People who said it was a Kremlin front and Snowden/Assange/Manning at all were willing FSB/GRU agents (John Schindler being the most notorious) were being called crazy.
The media lauded their stories and leaks as valuable information.

Remember that at some point Clinton wanted to do a drone strike on Assange lol.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/hillary-clinton-drone-strike-wikileaks-julian-assange

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
here's some analysis from @emptywheel that agrees with you https://www.emptywheel.net/2017/11/13/the-don-jr-wikileaks-emails-are-underwhelming/

(Since Don Jr. is a moron I don't think we can rule out him deleting any incriminating DMs before handing them over to congress. The question is, what does Mueller have?)

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Trumps Hopie is going to be in some deep doodoo if and when questioned by Mueller. Channel between Trump and 2016 Campaign's "Russia arm".