Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
So Hope Hicks is the one they are going to throw under the bus when all this shit goes down.

Can't wait for her to spill the beans.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me the password was not that.
If I'm reading it right, the site wasn't live, so the password was just so people could preview it before it went live. It doesn't sound like it had admin privileges. Of course, with that, I suspect since it wasn't live the only way Trump Jr. could've seen the About page was to use the password, so depending on how the site was configured it might be a clear violation of the computer fraud and abuse act.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its adorable that Wikileaks think they have any credibility left at all.

Hopefully the final nail in the coffin of any denials that they're one of Putin's pet projects.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
Trump Jr. is so fucked.

First his meeting with that Russian Lawyer with close ties to Putin about "adoptions" and now this.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a hunch that something will make Donald resign, and my hunch is that it has to do with some sort of sexual exploit dredged up in the months to come. Like, a wild-card. It'd be the safest exit ramp for GOP without having to own Russian boot licking.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I bet Trump learned the term Plausible Deniability from watching Independence Day. Probably got some of his speech ideas from ID4's President too.

Hope Hicks is Trump's Plausible Deniability, unless of course she's arrested and spills the beans for a lighter penalty. Trump is probably testing and coaching her right now, telling her he'll pardon her so long as she denies anything that implicates him.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? He totally emailed them back AND did as they asked in some cases. Did you read the article?

I did. That's not collusion unless you try and say that Wikileaks spent money discoving that there was a new Trump PAC and by sending the message to Jr they indirectly took campaign spending.

This post doesn't go into that point but shows that these are really underwhelming.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2017/11/13/the-don-jr-wikileaks-emails-are-underwhelming/

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
i like the work wikileaks does, it's hard to hate a so very consistently accurate source of information.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We know for a fact that other Trump surrogates like Roger Stone specifically spoke with the Russian operatives in regards to emails etc. The Web is massive as far as who is involved and how things were passed around.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
The article also states:

Doesn't mean that there weren't other contacts but he doesn't seem to have been that easy of a target as they thought.

Just because he did not respond to some of the messages does not mean much when he responded to others and actually did some of the things that Wikileaks suggested.

As that one twitter quote on the second page notes, any collaboration with a foreign entity (like Wikileaks) is illegal and is collusion.

DoggosPuppersWoofers

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i like the work wikileaks does, it's hard to hate a so very consistently accurate source of information.

Which part do you like the most? The one were they want to sow discord among Americans for the lulz or the one were they clearly favor one candidate over the other, while claiming to be totally impartial and for transparency?

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We know for a fact that other Trump surrogates like Roger Stone specifically spoke with the Russian operatives in regards to emails etc. The Web is massive as far as who is involved and how things were passed around.
They were talking to Alex Jones too and anyone else wearing a #MAGA hat. It's going to be tough to proof anything if there's no money trail like with Manafort.
There's also the reports of Trump flat out ignoring all the advice from his kids/advisers and campaign managers and just winging it.

Also if you go after the Trump's for colluding with Wikileaks you'll have to drag all the press to the courts as well because they've all been colluding with Wikileaks for years.
The Russians played their Wikileaks card masterfully.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Why do you think Jr posted the link that was given to him by WikiLeaks? They totally accepted help by a foreign entity here. In return, they gave WikiLeaks publicity. This is quid pro quo.

That's why I said "circumstancial evidence". Of course Wikileaks gave him the link, but he could have got it from anywhere. Here's Wikileaks tweeting it to the world 2 days earlier:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/786184297199702022?lang=en

As I said, add it to the pile, but in itself, this exchange is probably not enough to meet the burden of proof in a criminal case, and even less likely to bring Trump down.

Brera

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you guys understand Wikileaks.

Their slant is very much anti-US/anti-Capitalism.

Trump and co were useful idiots. They were blatently being played here. Wiki wants dirt on everyone. They want the whole system to go down!

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I did. That's not collusion unless you try and say that Wikileaks spent money discoving that there was a new Trump PAC and by sending the message to Jr they indirectly took campaign spending.

This post doesn't go into that point but shows that these are really underwhelming.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2017/11/13/the-don-jr-wikileaks-emails-are-underwhelming/

Spending does not have to literally mean money passing hands.

Edit: dafuq is that garbage website you're linking to?

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, anyone with even moderately good vision could see they were porking each other leading up to the election. I hope more info keeps coming out.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
If the FBI has proof that Donald Trump Jr's IP address (preferably his own phone) logged into the website, using the password provided, then...

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London

Trump and co were useful idiots. They were blatently being played here. Wiki wants dirt on everyone. They want the whole system to go down!

WikiLeaks is an FSB front, everyone in the IC knows this. Worldwide.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also if you go after the Trump's for colluding with Wikileaks you'll have to drag all the press to the courts as well because they've all been colluding with Wikileaks for years.

That makes no sense, the press "colludes" with wiki links to... deliver news?

There is a big difference here, I'm not sure how you are thinking this is even close to the same thing.

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Wikileaks is literally a department of the FSB/GRU Russian Intelligence Services.

There is no non-state intelligence agency trying to gain awareness for social injustice or internet surveillance. It's the Russian intelligence services.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They are not. They are a Russian front. This is why they will redact documents to protect Russian interests.

Brera

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WikiLeaks is an FSB front, everyone in the IC knows this. Worldwide.

It's more likely that Russia likes to fund and support organisations and people in the west/US that can help undermine the system.

Wikileaks know this but if it means they get legit dirt leaked to them, they don't really care about the source or the reason.

It's mutually beneficial.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
The press aren't running for office with strict laws about where money and aid can come from.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

Trumps Hopie is going to be in some deep doodoo if and when questioned by Mueller. Channel between Trump and 2016 Campaign's "Russia arm".

remember during the campaign when they all agreed to say that trump wasn't an email guy and that he wanted to meet people, to call people, not to read and write emails ? Checks out

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
It's more likely that Russia likes to fund and support organisations and people in the west/US that can help undermine the system.

Wikileaks know this but if it means they get legit dirt leaked to them, they don't really care about the source or the reason.

Except, of course, that Wikileaks refuses to publish dirt that would hurt Russian interests, because it's a Russian intelligence op.

Method

Oct 25, 2017

no. they are a russian front. it's 100% assured. anything relating to russia from wikileaks is redacted. every fucking time.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017

Being labelled as a FSB front is beneficial?

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
LOL Assange and Wikileaks are as pathetic as they come. Sad motherfuckers.

Article said:
Trump Jr. did not respond to these messages either, but WikiLeaks was undeterred. "Hi Don. Hope you're doing well!" WikiLeaks wrote on December 16 to Trump Jr., who was by then the son of the president-elect. "In relation to Mr. Assange: Obama/Clinton placed pressure on Sweden, UK and Australia (his home country) to illicitly go after Mr. Assange. It would be real easy and helpful for your dad to suggest that Australia appoint Assange ambassador to [Washington,] DC."

WikiLeaks even imagined how Trump might put it: "'That's a real smart tough guy and the most famous australian [sic] you have!' or something similar," WikiLeaks wrote. "They won't do it but it will send the right signals to Australia, UK + Sweden to start following the law and stop bending it to ingratiate themselves with the Clintons." (On December 7, Assange, proclaiming his innocence, had released his testimony in front of London investigators looking into accusations that he had committed alleged sexual assault.)

The cringe....