• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Zelda is at 10 million copies sold. And counting.

Their priorities are going to be on more gameplay aspects. Plus the writing in BOTW is fine. Just have more VA and more consistent VA. They'll be fine.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Zelda done the best it's ever done. Why would Nintendo feel pressured to change it further based on what other games done?

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Eh I don't think Nintendo would or could do that satisfactorily tbh. It's one of the reasons I won't be interested in their games.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Euh... Why ?
If Breath of the Wild was a commercial and critical failure I would understand. But the game sold 10 million copies ( and counting ) and it's the best rated game of the current gen.
I don't get it...

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Pls don't...look at Skyward Sword.

Last thing i want in a Zelda game is cinematography, Zelda needs good design, exploration and gameplay, and i hope they stack with this elements forever and never try this experiments the saga doesn't need.
I mean, isn't that the whole point of what OP is saying? GoW had good desgin, exploration, and gameplay, but it also had cinematography, or a good story, so why can't Zelda?

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It took them until 2017 to have any kind of voice acting in a zelda game, I don't think they give much of a shit about cinematography tbh.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Is there a way to keep people with God of War avatars at least from making new threads

Nintendo will add more cinematic and story things to Zelda when Zelda stops selling because of it, not if Zelda will sell slightly faster due to it.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I doubt it.
BOTW got 10/10 for one of the worse Zelda in term of dungeon and story.
Why would they change it when people and critics don't care for it?

Cronogear

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
No. Just...no.

Zelda (and particularly BotW) is much more in line with Souls in that there's lore for players who want to look for it, but story/cinematics/writing are simply not a focus.

And I prefer it that way.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, isn't that the whole point of what OP is saying? GoW had good desgin, exploration, and gameplay, but it also had cinematography, or a good story, so why can't Zelda?
Because a lot of us don't want to watch all these silly cutscenes. Botw has amazing gameplay. We want to PLAY the game

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm Nintendo has no interest in good storylines in their games, GoW3 isn't going to change anything for Nintendo lol.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BotW is on pace to sell 13-14 million copies and be the best selling Zelda game ever, Nintendo doesn't care what GoW is doing.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
BotW cinematography and writing was alright. There just wasn't that much of it. My take if we were to compare BotW and Witcher/GoW would be the story perspective. GoW and Witcher are very much plot driven, present narratives while BotW is more of a past, picking up the pieces story. I would very much like the next Zelda to tell such a story again in the BotW framework.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Critics and consumers don't seem to care either way, so I very much doubt it.

But yes, a Zelda with a better story, better writing and acting, could certainly push the franchise forward. It doesn't need to have any more exposition than it already does either, rather, higher quality takes on what they've previously had or included would suffice.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
God I hope not.

Also lol at Beth ever putting up money to fix their shit.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo doesn't rule out narrative driven games but their most consistent franchise on that front is Paper Mario.

Every other game made after the snes involved 1offs like Geist and Eternal Darkness.

They will attempt it again but only with a brand new franchise.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Writing and cinematography aren't what got Zelda to the status it currently holds and it sure as hell won't keep it there.

These are video games. Not movies.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to keep people with God of War avatars at least from making new threads

Nintendo will add more cinematic and story things to Zelda when Zelda stops selling because of it, not if Zelda will sell slightly faster due to it.

This basically.

Sorry OP but BotW is just what the fans wanted- as much as it has plainly upset you on numerous occasions.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild is the best selling Zelda game of all time, was an unprecedented critical darling and remains a powerful contender for Game of the Generation.

I know y'all are high on the GoW kool-aid right now but let's get some perspective here. The only thing God of War proves is that games focusing on cinematography and storytelling have just as much place in the modern gaming landscape as more mechanically driven experiences prioritizing game play... which isn't exactly news, and is something we've all known ever since The Last of Us - hell, ever since the early sixth generation.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
hhn.gif

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Does the OP think BotW flopped or something?

There's room for multiple types of games that emphasise different things to be successful you know.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It won't.

Nintendo designs their games differently. But they have lots of franchises, maybe one will fit better to serve as a high-budget storytelling experience someday if they see the need to.
I hope they take the opportunity for a return of Disaster: Day of Crisis, or they try again something like Another Code: R for a bigger audience.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to see Nintendo try a Twilight Princess style Zelda again, and not in the BOTW engine please. And while they're at it, they could take a few cues from GOW.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Then why compare it to gow? That's not what ppl want in a zelda game. If they do more with less I'm fine with that. Link doesn't need some internal struggle though. Lol
Because GoW is on of the few games that hits every mark? Good design, exploration, good gameplay, and a good story.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
God of War has literally nothing to do with Zelda. You might as well the success of Minecraft will force Sony to change God of War.

Status
Not open for further replies.