• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karax9699

Banned
Jan 29, 2018
Comparing it to the original The Crew it's also a downgrade, less world detail worse pop-in etc.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know. Could be but not having the same TOD makes the comparison itself look bad, not the game.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
the boat shooting out water in the newer version looks better to me tbh other than that it looks like the main difference is time of day. Ill reserve judgment until the actual release and the PC is compared because honestly everything looks pretty much the same except time of day, LQ LOD's are much easier to hide at night.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
not that bad IMO. watch dogs looked like a completely different game engine compared to its previews

This. The watch dogs demo almost felt like it was being made for hardware a generation ahead of the final game. Mainly all the smaller interactions and crowds that really breathed life into that original demo. This just looks like stuff they changed for performance reasons but pretty much the same exact game.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched, but isn't this the channel that compares press screenshots with low quality youtube videos and then the cries of "downgrade" begin? It happened with both God of War and Detroit: Become Human, and this channel was the source of the complaints. Should this channel even be trusted?

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I haven't watched, but isn't this the channel that compares press screenshots with low quality youtube videos and then the cries of "downgrade" begin? It happened with both God of War and Detroit: Become Human, and this channel was the source of the complaints. Should this channel even be trusted?

Edit: God of War was a user who took images from a low quality video, my bad.
They aren't even comparing the games on the same platform so it's definitely faulty to begin with.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How to eliminate color. Went from lush and colorful to a grey filter. Also removed dynamic lighting.

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
This YouTube channel is known for fabricating videos. He tried to pass off Detroit as a downgrade. He is known for stealing already compressed YT videos and using them as source of comparison instead of capturing his own. Stay away from this terrible comparison and instead wait for someone like Digital Foundry who know what they are doing.

Also as others have said, TOD is different so not an accurate comparison at all.

OP
OP

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
no idea but i played the beta maxed out on my PC and noticed all the same cutbacks compared to the E3 videos

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game still looks pretty great, obviously stuff like Forza Horzion 3 look better but for a third party game targeting all platforms, it looks darn good.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Time of day difference makes it hard to really see the difference but the lighting looks much more flat in the newer version.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not saying there is or isn't a downgrade but this channel is well known to be disingenous and has had its thread closed every single time.
If a mod could look into it thatd be great.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
1) Different TOD
2) You have to compare it with maxed out PC version which wasn't the case

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Still looks great to me, and could the E3 demo not be from the maxed-out PC version of the game?

That said I agree downgrading is a shitty practise if that's the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.