• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Coverage is now live for The Diofield Chronicle demo that is releasing tomorrow on PC, *Switch, PlayStation and Xbox. The content is somewhere in the 2-3 hour range and progress saved to the demo will carry over into the full release on September 22nd.

*Note that it appears no outlet got a Switch build for this demo, impressions on that machine are still TBA.

www.digitaltrends.com

The DioField Chronicle makes real-time strategy feel like a JRPG | Digital Trends

The DioField Chronicle stands out with its real-time strategy gameplay that has the energy and personality of a JRPG.

www.godisageek.com

The DioField Chronicle is an epic strategy in every sense | Demo Impressions | GodisaGeek.com

The DioField Chronicle is a fantastic strategy RPG that makes every battle intense and unique, epic in every way.

www.inverse.com

'The Diofield Chronicle' demo is a slow burn, for better and worse

'The Diofield Chronicle' explores numerous interesting ideas, but the demo left us wondering if the full experience can truly deliver.

www.vooks.net

Hands on with The DioField Chronicle Preview - Vooks

An impressive battler

www.vg247.com

The Diofield Chronicle hands-on preview: Good tabletop vibes feel slightly plastic

Here's what we thought of The Diofield Chronicle, a new Square Enix strategy RPG coming on September 22 with a demo on …

www.siliconera.com

Preview: The DioField Chronicle Should Be Approached Carefully

The DioField Chronicle is engaging and has potential, but its rushed introduction doesn't bother catching you up on the details.

Last edited:

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
The pricing here in Brazil is ridiculous, it's full price(R$ 250,00), i don't know why i even bother with Square anymore.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Square is so good with demos, man. Truly a company that is stuck in the PS2/3 era in the best way.

The pricing here in Brazil is ridiculous, it's full price(R$ 250,00), i don't know why i even bother with Square anymore.
Idk anything about Brazil pricing. Why shouldn't this game be full price?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, the sub-objective design is very Summon Night-ish, in that it gives you extra character progression stuff.
Square is so good with demos, man. Truly a company that is stuck in the PS2/3 era in the best way.
I'm guessing it's entirely because of their 2016 - 2018 results, where Nier Automata, Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest Builders picked up lots of extra sales based on demo word of mouth, so they started giving everything demoes.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks great, will probably go with PC since RTS is better on there with M/KB.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'll check out the demo, probably buy the full game too if I dig it. Looks really good.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021

I just did a quick check, but the median income in Brazil is about 670$ (converted in American dollars), and I'm sure that's pushed upwards because of the few who earn really well. It's likely many earn more in the range of 200-400$.
So yeah in that case it's really pricey.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I just did a quick check, but the median income in Brazil is about 670$ (converted in American dollars), and I'm sure that's pushed upwards because of the few who earn really well. It's likely many earn more in the range of 200-400$.
So yeah in that case it's really pricey.
Is that what full priced games typically cost? That's fucked as hell for sure but im mostly curious about why this game wouldn't be expected to be full priced

Graven

Oct 30, 2018

I honestly thought this game was $40, didn't know it was $60. The reason for that is that this not seems to be a triple AAA game.

Well then, 50%+ it is.

Bopp

Aug 6, 2021
Any info on whether there will be some kind of skirmishes with the possibility to grind exp?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds sweet. More than once or is it a done deal once you got all the rewards?

Sounds like you can go as many times as you like.
aW7cTuc.png

Character movement is really weirding me out. Like judging by the animations the characters should be moving way faster.

I think it's supposed to play into the abstraction of these units being so much larger than the actually are, the idea of pieces on a war table diorama, but yeah it can look a bit odd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Poking around it doesn't seem like any outlet got a Switch build. I wonder if that version won't get the demo tomorrow?

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
This post screams "first world problems" entitlement.

One Google search would have prevented stuff like this.

Edit: and you doubled down sigh
Doubling down on what dude? I'm asking why that user thinks this wouldn't be full priced and priced accordingly with other full priced games in their territory, not saying that full priced games aren't too expensive. That user even responded saying that they weren't aware that this was a $60 game. Get off it. Some of yall are so up your own ass.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Doubling down on what dude? I'm asking why that user thinks this wouldn't be full priced and priced accordingly with other full priced games in their territory, not saying that full priced games aren't too expensive. That user even responded saying that they weren't aware that this was a $60 game. Get off it. Some of yall are so up your own ass.
Regional pricing.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Ok, but that's not related to what I'm saying lol. It boiled down to the user not being aware that it was a full priced title. They thought it was $40 in the States yet being priced as a $60 equivalent in their territory.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, but that's not related to what I'm saying lol. It boiled down to the user not being aware that it was a full priced title. They thought it was $40 in the States yet being priced as a $60 equivalent in their territory.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bruh, it was too ambiguous lol, mb

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I really want this, but I just can't afford it day one. I'm already buying Valkyrie and Star Ocean... I'll just wait on a sale I suppose.

I'm glad the impressions are positive.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good for the most part. I couldn't find a physical version for preorder here in Norway though.

Altezein

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Will play the demo tomorrow for sure. I'm not getting this Game day 1 though, I still have triangle strategy, Live a Live and XC3 to beat.

What a GREAT year for JRPGs

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I love the character portraits/artwork, but the game itself looks so ... bland. I'm really not a fan of the art direction. It's a shame they didn't do something that more closely matched the art. :[

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Demo is an easy way to get me to try almost anything tbh. I love that square does it.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Wait is the demo actually going to be available on PC?

Appears so, some of the press coverage is from the PC demo. Some of those outlets also list PC in the demo lineup:

The DioField Chronicle, Square Enix's new immersive real time tactical battle RPG, has just received a free demo on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and X, and Windows.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand when games have dialogue boxes but do repetitive one or two word voice lines over top that instead of just reading out the actual dialogue on screen

Game looks okay overall. Feels like a Swimmin in 7's type of game.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I can't stand when games have dialogue boxes but do repetitive one or two word voice lines over top that instead of just reading out the actual dialogue on screen

Game looks okay overall. Feels like a Swimmin in 7's type of game.

Ugh, Falcom loves that shit. So annoying. Either voice it all or don't

Captainslow

Dec 3, 2020
This actually looks really neat. I like the battle perspective of the game. It reminds me of Resonance of Fate in terms of the battle view. Looking forward to it!

For those speaking about pricing....Greenmangaming has a coupon for the game. It's 22% off of the MSRP Canadian price of ~$76. Size of discount and MSRP price will vary based on region I'm guessing. Actually, it looks like most of the big JRPG games coming out over the next month have the discount.