• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Managing hard drive space sucks, but it's at least doable. The challenge for me has become staying under a monthly 1tb cap since I live with two other heavy internet users. I've started periodically carrying consoles to work to download stuff there.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know why is the final disk space is double compared to PC and Xbox, I know double size is required to install the game but after the installation it should return to its normal size. Did they explain anything about it ?

the emcee

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Impatient gamers will buy digital at higher price, to preload and avoid this. Smart business move.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So it's a 90 gig DOWNLOAD on the PS4 which is double the other versions for reasons unknown and they aren't even letting people preload until two days before launch?

what a load of shit. I went digital because it makes sense for a game like this and I hoped I could get the preload in a week or so before on my mostly shitty internet.

Not happening, I guess.

This is all kind of a mess and the fact that there's still confusion about it all sucks.

OP
OP
Saint-14

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I mean I guess a mod can add "could" to the title, but I feel with the info we have downloading 90 GB is most likely the case, digitally th Xbox version is +40 GB but physical versions still need to download that much, digitally the PS4 version is 89 GB and what does that mean for physical versions? We'll know soon.

Last edited:

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
DRM? Useless assets that the game barely uses/doesn't use? Pre-existing DLC that's sitting there waiting to be purchased?
I think PS4 uses the same DRM across all games, and theres games that are less than 1GB in size, so that shouldnt be the cause for games being this big. What is the biggest know DRM size across all platforms by the way, is that known?

Are there any examples of games that many useless assets? What would those be and why would developers spend much time making those and include them in the game if they dont use them?

Pre-existing DLC is possible, but i think that is mostly limited to simpler and smaller stuff. I cant think of any games that has e.g 20-30GB worth of DLC content included from day one. I think the developers have their hands full enough with the main game itself.