• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Saint-14

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Is that confirmation though? One of the sites is clearly wrong, but which one? I agree that 48 is probably the correct one, but how do you know which one is right?

It's the official website. I prefer to believe official sources.

If you purchased the game on disc, begin by installing the game. You will then be prompted to download and install Title Update 1; expect a 48-52 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether you installed the game from a disc or bought it digitally, the final HDD install size, including the patch, will be 48-52 GB.

PS4: If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc. Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it. Expect a 48-52 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size, including the patch will be between 90-100 GB.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000041895/

PS4 truly is the best console out there.
Not only does Sony secure exclusive deals that give you TWICE THE CONTENT of other platforms but they also give you the power to play the games at TWICE THE FIDELITY. 90gb packed to the brim.
I wish I had a PS4 myself, but I'm sure i'll be ok with my budget 45gb game too...

Sony aren't lying when they state they have the BIGGEST games, lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... Why on earth is the PS4 install size double that of Xbox/PC? It seems like the "day one" patch is basically a re-download of the entire game, but I just don't get whats up with Playstation here.

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever the size is, let me be clear i don't like at all we have patch downloads like the size of an entire game, even "just" 50 Gb to download is way too much.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-load for digital yes, but physical still needs a 50 gig patch.

Are they shipping empty discs with just a license key or something?

This doesn't explain the PS4 situation, but we've seen online games where a patch requires re-downloading the entire game. Seems like they went gold and then found something too big to patch via small update.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Not only does Sony secure exclusive deals that give you TWICE THE CONTENT of other platforms but they also give you the power to play the games at TWICE THE FIDELITY. 90gb packed to the brim.
I wish I had a PS4 myself, but I'm sure i'll be ok with my budget 45gb game too...

This is the best post in the thread lol. Im going digital, but i might have to delete some games because that is a lot of space. I have alot of games that I havent touched in a while that I can delete.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

cuw2iY3.jpg

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What the hell is the point of buying the disc version of that's the case? At this point, might as well buy digital and pre-load instead of waiting for a disc and then waiting for a patch.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine buying it day one and having to wait like days to be able to play.

That's some next gen trolling.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I'm on a fast, uncapped connection, but I am still annoyed when I have to download patches this size. Maybe the gold master is corrupted or something requiring a full download.

They should at least offer a remastered install disk for those that got it on physical.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
Ohh great. That means if i get the gold edition I can play in time for next weekend. Fuck Australian internet

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, canceled pre-order on this. I won't buy games that require tens of gigs downloaded like this. Ridiculous. Sent Ubi a tweet to let them know.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better looking games = more space for the information
Except that isn't how it works.

Often these huge games have uncompressed audio, longish cutscenes, multiple languages etc

Devs and publishers know they don't necessarily need to be efficient with space anymore, so this is mostly cost saving really. You don't believe the 20 GB of videos in Tekken 7 for example make the game somehow look better, do you?

Bigger isn't always better, you were lied to, sorry to say.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What the hell is the point of buying the disc version of that's the case? At this point, might as well buy digital and pre-load instead of waiting for a disc and then waiting for a patch.

There isn't one for any of these GAAS games. You're going to be downloading a large patch every month with these kinds of games anyway.

Michael

Oct 28, 2017
Getting to the point where with a few games a month and 4K Netflix on a tv or two, pretty easy to hit a 1TB data cap. Thanks Comcast.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
So this is from Ubi's site:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000041895/

This is double the size of Xbox and PC downloads, some people think it addresses the texture issues on PS4 but still, as someone with a slow internet that's just too much, anyone with a Physical copy could confirm this more?

Edit:

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubiso...division-2-launch-everything-you-need-to-know

That site says 48-52 GB download for everything but, digital on Xbox is +43 GB and physical copies still need to download that amount, PS4 digital is about 89 GB, so yeah..
OP, have a mod update your thread title because it is currently misleading as hell.