• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
love the tiny details on the game like when you are trying to takeover a control point and you call your allies for help, there is a distance countdown for them to arrive, like 0.2KM to 0, you can literally see them running towards your position from the settlement haha

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
i don´t get why the game always tries to shove me into an existing group instead of making me the leader...even when i am directly at the mission spot it sends invites into an existing group instead of making me the leader and matchmake people for me...it is really odd somehow
I think the game prefers to fill groups that already started or something. maybe there is an option for it to turn that off?

think you can also just decline invites and it will keep matchmaking and trying to get people to you

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What skills are people using?

I tried out the Hive attack version because it's got a big AoE, but you can't throw it very far and often my teammates push past it and make it useless. I guess I have to adapt to using it in a different way.

I'd echo what Klyka mentioned, early game unless you're playing with a set group going at your own pace you'll find most people just try to storm through stuff making the static powers more prone to being left behind. Consider the more mobile skills to start with or unlock the heal or res version maybe.

i don´t get why the game always tries to shove me into an existing group instead of making me the leader...even when i am directly at the mission spot it sends invites into an existing group instead of making me the leader and matchmake people for me...it is really odd somehow

It's always filling groups that have already started first in my experience.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The download is 90 GB too.

OK so my download file on PS4 Pro Version 1.02 is 44.893 GB... Not 90 GB
4bZNCfh.jpg

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Does anyone know what causes the ingame ISAC HUD getting all blurry and glitchy at certain times? It's a small thing, but it drives me absolutely bugfuck.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I think the game prefers to fill groups that already started or something. maybe there is an option for it to turn that off?

think you can also just decline invites and it will keep matchmaking and trying to get people to you

tried that, i am standing here for 10minutes now, it won´t make a new group

It's always filling groups that have already started first in my experience.

that is problematic because often the people are already midway through the mission, i want to play these missions from the beginning...

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
For my ps4pro brothers, how is the screen tearing situation? Has it been corrected or is it still a mess?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
tried that, i am standing here for 10minutes now, it won´t make a new group
that is problematic because often the people are already midway through the mission, i want to play these missions from the beginning...

Hmm, was there a backfill option like Klyka says? I think I saw something in the beta...
Also you press up on the dpad (on console) to join another party can you just leave it matchmaking without pressing up? Apologies I've not tried MM much.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone - question for people with the game - do you know which bits of "side" content do/don't track when you co-op. I believe main missions and side missions track...but what about smaller things like control points and settlement quests (which unlock upgrades)?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hi everyone - question for people with the game - do you know which bits of "side" content do/don't track when you co-op. I believe main missions and side missions track...but what about smaller things like control points and settlement quests (which unlock upgrades)?
Main Missions and side missions track definitely. Settlements upgrade by doing Settlement missions which are just specially marked Main Missions (maybe side missions too). Projects are not actually needed to upgrade settlements so you should be able to jjust do missions with your friends and it will level your settlement back in your world too

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah from what I understand for the PS4, the patch for retail discs was around 45GB, the digital download is around 90GB as that's the patch and the files that would have otherwise been copied over from the disc.

On another note, any PS4 users able to confirm whether the gold/ultimate bonuses are tied to the PSN account specifically or the console instead? Different games implement it differently so just wanted clarification if anyone has family/other accounts that have tried TD2 on their console and whether they got the bonus content.

Last edited:

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah from what I understand for the PS4, the patch for retail discs was around 45GB, the digital download is around 90GB as that's the patch and the files that would have otherwise been copied over from the disc.

On another note, any PS4 users able to confirm whether the gold/ultimate bonuses are tied to the PSN account specifically or the console instead? Different games implement it differently so just wanted clarification if anyone has family/other accounts that have tried TD2 on their console and whether they got the bonus content.

A Friend with the digital Version had about 98 GB, he deleted it a loaded it new today and he said it was now only 45 GB Total

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Saint-14
Curious where were you getting this info from that it's 90G patch for physical, I've seen you mentioning it constantly and even in the thread you started where a bunch of us tried mentioning it was most likely 45disc + 45download. Though a bunch of people seemed to confuse the digital preload with this in that thread.

Would def be happier with 45G download haha.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
F it. Just bought the gold edition, hopefully they can use the extra cash to give this game some long legs into next gen :P

Oct 25, 2017
I am so tempted to boot this up when I get home tonight. I should really play the last few missions of DMC5 though. March is a crazy month for gaming.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Saint-14
Curious where were you getting this info from that it's 90G patch for physical, I've seen you mentioning it constantly and even in the thread you started where a bunch of us tried mentioning it was most likely 45disc + 45download. Though a bunch of people seemed to confuse the digital preload with this in that thread.

Would def be happier with 45G download haha.

I know you weren't talking to me and instead to Saint (who mentioned the 90GB for physical), but to clarify my info posted afterwards it's from an official Ubisoft FAQ, although from what others have said the info they put up could be incorrect:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000041895/

PS4:
- If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc. Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it. Expect a 48-52 GB download for Title Update 1, depending on your region and preferred language. If you purchased a digital copy of the game, expect a 88-92 GB download that comprises both the game and Title Update 1. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size will be between 88-92 GB.

I believe when the FAQ was first posted it mentioned a 90GB patch without specifying retail/digital, so a lot of news sites picked up on that which is where I think people got that idea of physical having a 90GB patch from.

Last edited:

NightMystic

Oct 27, 2017
Did they solve the texture popin problem on consoles?

I had an enemy pop-in right in front of me when I played a bit last night. I definitely see it with some of the textures.

It doesn't bother me so much, but it was very jarring when I moved to cover and an enemy just shows up out of nowhere. It only happened to me once though with enemies.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
I got my info from an official Ubisoft FAQ, although from what others have said the info they put up could be incorrect:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000041895/

PS4:
- If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc. Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it. Expect a 48-52 GB download for Title Update 1, depending on your region and preferred language. If you purchased a digital copy of the game, expect a 88-92 GB download that comprises both the game and Title Update 1. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size will be between 88-92 GB.

Yep, that's the info I read as well, not sure if people were confusing the digital preload info or the final instal sizes with the physical patch size. Though I think the site might have had a typo earlier?

I actually enjoy these early release and getting to read everyone's experiences so far. Gives me an idea what to expect on pleb edition launch.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yep, that's the info I read as well, not sure if people were confusing the digital preload info or the final instal sizes with the physical patch size. Though I think the site might have had a typo earlier?

I actually enjoy these early release and getting to read everyone's experiences so far. Gives me an idea what to expect on pleb edition launch.

Yeah sorry updated my reply, the FAQ was indeed updated, I think a lot of news sites picked up on the 90GB and posted that it would be for retail discs too.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Just read over at Reddit the sound bug on the Xbox is still there. If that is true will not buy until it's fixed

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I asked on a previous page, but I haven't seen a definitive answer yet. Is it possible to permanently take over a control point? Or do you have to constantly defend it/take it back from enemies? I know there is something that happens when you get to end-game, which I'm fine with, so long as that before and after that event you can take a control point and not have to worry about it again.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I asked on a previous page, but I haven't seen a definitive answer yet. Is it possible to permanently take over a control point? Or do you have to constantly defend it/take it back from enemies? I know there is something that happens when you get to end-game, which I'm fine with, so long as that before and after that event you can take a control point and not have to worry about it again.
Outside of endgame, control points will stay yours