Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but if we do end up getting a div 3 or just another big expansion... it needs to be in a city like NYC or even just expand more of NYC again haha.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
How people are feeling the expansion? Is it worth?

Probably gonna have to wait a week or two before you get a good answer to this. Personally, I had a great time with it yesterday outside of the 30-45 minutes it took for me to get into the game because of server issues. The location alone puts it several notches above the base game as NY is just so much better than DC. The gear system is also much improved and isn't nearly as complicated as it was in the base game. Way easier to tell what gear to keep and what gear to trash now.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Probably gonna have to wait a week or two before you get a good answer to this. Personally, I had a great time with it yesterday outside of the 30-45 minutes it took for me to get into the game because of server issues. The location alone puts it several notches above the base game as NY is just so much better than DC. The gear system is also much improved and isn't nearly as complicated as it was in the base game. Way easier to tell what gear to keep and what gear to trash now.
Thanks I will keep a look

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's too much flannel now it's like an episode of Supernatural I get that people complained about super model clothing in the first one but most people just wanted clothes to look more worn out and not weird shirt biohazard tape hybrids like we have now.

Well if they wanted to go the supernatural route, they ought to give us light backpacks like the ones we had in low levels of D1 and throw some jackets too.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, anyone know how the decoy works? It appears that if enemies hit it, it shows up their weak points, as Isaac keeps saying it, but I dont seem to actually see these weak points anywhere.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing on PC yesterday and when I went to jump to NY it said something about "moving to NY means you can't play this character on other platforms" or something.

They implemented cross save or something like that?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I was playing on PC yesterday and when I went to jump to NY it said something about "moving to NY means you can't play this character on other platforms" or something.

Nothing's been announced yet but that feels like the general consensus, that they're gonna implement it eventually. They also implemented crossplay with Stadia for PC too.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
If I havent played since around launch and am only like level 17, should I level up to max before buying the xpac? Is it even worth it at this point?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Sadly, it's Stadia crossplay/save.

If it was console they would have made a bigger deal of it.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Asked earlier but will ask again, anyone on PC experiencing weird ground texture flickering when moving forward? It's almost like the shadows or terrain take an extra second to populate. In my 200 hours in the base game I never seen it before.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is the game worth it, in general, for newcomers?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
If I havent played since around launch and am only like level 17, should I level up to max before buying the xpac? Is it even worth it at this point?
A few people have been in the same boat and there's no easy answer. Boosting your character will complete the map for you. You'll lose access to side missions (but have their rewards). Most agree these are fun combat encounters but not from a narrative perspective. I believe you also get locked out (at least some) of achievements on the boosted character.

That said, post-expansion you can take your character back to DC and complete the missions you haven't yet.

Basically, depends what you want...

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is the game worth it, in general, for newcomers?
Most would say yeah? The base game has been heavily discounted and features a ton of content. Even if you bow out before endgame, there's a lot there. In general, the minute to minute gameplay loop is great, the world is impressive, but the narrative is light. The expansion is doing a better job on that side of things, though but you could always start with a sale on the base game to decide if you want to jump in fully?

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Most would say yeah? The base game has been heavily discounted and features a ton of content. Even if you bow out before endgame, there's a lot there. In general, the minute to minute gameplay loop is great, the world is impressive, but the narrative is light. The expansion is doing a better job on that side of things, though but you could always start with a sale on the base game to decide if you want to jump in fully?
Thank you. I tried for a bit at launch and thought it was a bit rough.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
Asked earlier but will ask again, anyone on PC experiencing weird ground texture flickering when moving forward? It's almost like the shadows or terrain take an extra second to populate. In my 200 hours in the base game I never seen it before.

I had a similar issue where the ground textures were crazy fucked up. Like popping up out of the ground a foot and would flicker as I walked. I restarted the game and my computer for good measure and haven't had it happen again. This is with all GeForce updates installed.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I had a similar issue where the ground textures were crazy fucked up. Like popping up out of the ground a foot and would flicker as I walked. I restarted the game and my computer for good measure and haven't had it happen again. This is with all GeForce updates installed.

I'll try that tonight, thanks. Some were suggesting switching from dx12 to 11 but I've had zero issue on dx12 so don't feel it's that.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Is it just me or is the writing improved? Like, these characters doesn't seem as flat any more?

I love wandering around in NYC so far, the complaint I got however is that all subway stations are closed and are just one single room when you walk down the stairs. I want my underground. :/

Here's hoping that one at least of the next big content updates expands the NYC map, like more to the north towards Central Park, or Brooklyn over the bridge, or adding in the subway tunnels again to explore.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
store.playstation.com

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Standard Edition

The fate of the free world is on the line in Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2.<br><br>Lead a team of elite agents into a post-pandemic Washington, DC, to restore order and prevent the collapse of the city. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is an online action-shooter RPG experience, where exploration and play

For anyone else on the fence like me! $11.99 is a bargain for alll that!

I wound up grabbing this before it went away just now haha. I'm still pretty busy with FF14 and want to wait at least a little bit to make goddamn sure this expansion actually delivers (I'm having flashbacks to multiple other games like Destiny 2 where day one it seemed awesome then a week or two in everyone was like oh wait) so I grabbed this so I can mess around a little bit in the world (which I really enjoyed) and get reused to basic controls and game mechanics. Then by the time I actually do that we should have a better idea how the expansion is shaking out.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
So I broke, bought it and jumped back straight to New York. I now remember why I loved the first game so much. Any videos to help me catch up on mechanics I've missed since launch?

Maybe it's just me but if we do end up getting a div 3 or just another big expansion... it needs to be in a city like NYC or even just expand more of NYC again haha.
If they somehow did the 5 boroughs, I'm pretty sure Div 3 would be the only game I'd play.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
I wound up grabbing this before it went away just now haha. I'm still pretty busy with FF14 and want to wait at least a little bit to make goddamn sure this expansion actually delivers (I'm having flashbacks to multiple other games like Destiny 2 where day one it seemed awesome then a week or two in everyone was like oh wait) so I grabbed this so I can mess around a little bit in the world (which I really enjoyed) and get reused to basic controls and game mechanics. Then by the time I actually do that we should have a better idea how the expansion is shaking out.

Speaking to the bold part above, they do re-enable all of the tips for the new NYC stuff to refresh you if needed. I'm glad too as I hadn't played since hitting max level at launch and was rusty.

ukas

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to change the world difficulty with a newly created character?

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I feel like I am finding way more apparel out in the world which is cool. Also, was movement animation/responsiveness changed?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got stuck in a vaulting animation just as I was about to confront a boss. Lost all control, unable to access menus. Man, that sucked. First time that's happened to me.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know if the difficulty of the mission affects the chances for Nemesis blueprint to drop?

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
Remember to pet your Poochie and your Poogie for better loot drops! ;)

rj8b2w1itfk41.png

Same energy!
Wait!!!
Is this true?

I pet the dog as soon as I saw him but haven't found the lil pig pig yet.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Anyone know if the difficulty of the mission affects the chances for Nemesis blueprint to drop?
Difficulty usually affects:
- better chance for better quality of stat rolls
- more enemies and bosses in general, so more drops (and scaled to four players is even more drops)

I can't remember the conditions for the Nemesis to drop, but if more bosses ups the chance, theoretically yes.

Last edited:

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Kinda forgot how easy it was to get distracted on the way to your current mission by exploring building rooftops, alleys, etc. I know where I need to go, I just can't help myself by always straying off the path to see 'what's around this corner?' And that's a good thing.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Man, one of the four main missions sure does stand out versus the others. Best mission in the game by far, and probably the best music too.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wait!!!
Is this true?

I pet the dog as soon as I saw him but haven't found the lil pig pig yet.
Haha the pig is Poogie from Monser Hunter!
A pig to pet has been a mainstay in MH games for a long long long time and the community always said it "increases item drop luck" if you pet the pig before a mission.
So this is just me saying the little Poochie is our Poogie to get good luck :D

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still only about 12 hours into this game and like Level 9 (bought it for 3 bucks with a buddy to play together), is this new update basically throwing out everything I've learned so far? Because this game is insane with the amount of information it throws at you and I'm just starting to get my head around it and now from the OP it seems like everything is being changed.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm still only about 12 hours into this game and like Level 9 (bought it for 3 bucks with a buddy to play together), is this new update basically throwing out everything I've learned so far? Because this game is insane with the amount of information it throws at you and I'm just starting to get my head around it and now from the OP it seems like everything is being changed.
Honestly, most of the changes affect the endgame experience (recalibration, gear synergies and talents, quality of loot etc) more than the 1-30 experience, which mostly revolves around equipping higher level weapons and keeping armor numbers high.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Urgh, I do hate how all the videos they play once you defeat the 4 main bosses is all slow motion and broken.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
Bought the game and installed and played the first 30 minutes last week then today I Just turned on my ps4 and the expansion was available but I didn't buy it?? Anyways I'm playing it rn and it boosted my guy to lvl 30 and everything

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the game and installed and played the first 30 minutes last week then today I Just turned on my ps4 and the expansion was available but I didn't buy it?? Anyways I'm playing it rn and it boosted my guy to lvl 30 and everything

Maybe you bought the Warlords of New York edition?

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
No I just bought the 3 dollar one from last week unless that included it?

Edit:
Okay so I think it's a bug. I bought the 3 dollar version with my main acct last week then I loaded my other acct and saw the free shotty on the store and downloaded on that account. then I booted the game with my alternate acct and it said expansion available on my character. I launched the game, I walked out of the White House and saw a helicopter and it was like hey you wanna boost your guy to lvl 30 and go to ny and I was like okay and I played til I got to a contaminated building. I'm super new to this game so it might not even the actual expansion I'm just confused

Last edited: