• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just stumbled upon this in my Twitter feed:

EVCf-BDWsAY5er0.jpg

by https://twitter.com/Ianoquinnzel

tumblr_mul4lyaTUr1r5xw0xo2_r1_500.gif

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this would be a compilation of the cool mock ups seen in the other thread.
That goose one tho.

Deleted member 43552

User requested account closure
Banned
May 17, 2018
There's a wide gulf between "not being excited about several pieces of fanart of a console controller that makes it look like a sexualized teenager" and "bitter about life."

I disagree. If it's not to your taste then ignore it. I think some folks are dead set on projecting their view of whats acceptable and not on other people (in this case artists having some fun). Personally, I dont love all the art. I agree that some is overly sexualized. I still think it's great that people are excited about a controller, even more so during a time when we're all a bit anxious and stuck at home.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So your metric for whether or not someone is bitter about life is how much they enjoy objectification? Get a grip. For you "artists having some fun drawing sexualized teenagers" may be ok but don't blame others for finding it creepy & incredibly offputting. One of them straight up drew the touch pad on the crotch, it's creepy, the people who drew shit like that are creepy. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
At this point, it is safe to say that the DualSense wins the aware for most "MOE!" controller.

Is that word still used in the anime circles? I'm a decade behind the lingo-curve.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
By now Sony must really be annoyed by their PS end users, just too many dweebs.

Last edited:

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All the people acting like horny art for a controller is somehow new have clearly never gazed into the abyss that was the Switch Dog...

Deleted member 43552

Banned
May 17, 2018
So your metric for whether or not someone is bitter about life is how much they enjoy objectification? Get a grip. For you "artists having some fun drawing sexualized teenagers" may be ok but don't blame others for finding it creepy & incredibly offputting. One of them straight up drew the touch pad on the crotch, it's creepy, the people who drew shit like that are creepy. 🤷‍♂️

I have "a grip". Secondly, I did not write "artists having some fun drawing sexualized teenagers" so do not put it in quotes, those are your words. My point was more general and suggested that folks should have fun with gaming in general. You can appreciate people's excitement for something even if a portion of the art is not to your taste. If you find it creepy, that's great. I find no issue with that. Not everyone does. That's also okay.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
By now Sony must really be annoyed by their PS end users bu now, just too many dweebs.

Why would they be, it's literally free advertising. For everyone in here being grumpy about the horny artwork, there's probably dozens of people either actively enjoying it or casually being indifferent to it, but it all contributes to creating mindshare.

I don't even think the controller looks that great, but people are LOVING it. Sony has so much free mindshare as it is, it's kind of ridiculous.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I have "a grip". Secondly, I did not write "artists having some fun drawing sexualized teenagers" so do not put it in quotes, those are your words.
So you're excluding all of the sexualized teenager art that is the majority of the OP then when you say "artists having fun" ?

My point was more general and suggested that folks should have fun with gaming in general.
There's a wild gulf between "having fun with gaming" and "fetishizing controllers and imagining them as objectified teens"

You can appreciate people's excitement for something even if a portion of the art is not to your taste.
Literally the majority of the OP is the reason we have threads like this:
www.resetera.com

Why women criticise sexualised character designs |OT2| I have no pants and I must scream (READ OP) OT

Please read these notable posts before participating in the thread, if you have not done so already!

Call a spade a spade. It's creepy. There's nothing endearing about this shit my dude:
AI7z8viajAxuMSrpVpybFPUcr8SzUejdtQuCKdIGolA.jpg

It doesn't matter if the people who lack the self awareness to see why it's creepy don't find it creepy. If the majority of the art was like the goose one or nooblet's, there'd be no issue.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I knew this was going to happen

also I will now only see the create button as a dedicated goose honk button LMAO

Last edited:

Deleted member 43552

Banned
May 17, 2018
So you're excluding all of the sexualized teenager art that is the majority of the OP then when you say "artists having fun" ?

There's a wild gulf between "having fun with gaming" and "fetishizing controllers and imagining them as objectified teens"

Literally the majority of the OP is the reason we have threads like this:
www.resetera.com

Why women criticise sexualised character designs |OT2| I have no pants and I must scream (READ OP) OT

Please read these notable posts before participating in the thread, if you have not done so already!

Call a spade a spade. It's creepy.

I completely get where you're coming from. For example, I completely agree that overly sexualized character designs are a problem. To combat that, I simply don't support them, whether its through not purchasing their game, not liking a social media post, etc. Over time, with consensus, and through the avoidance of media you find distasteful, ideas about what is acceptable change.

Coming back to the OP, I don't find it creepy myself but rather distasteful in some cases, silly in others. That's all I'm getting at.