• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Did my part for Summerfall. Wasn't planning on starting Summerset until after I finish the vanilla quests. Summerset is such a nice looking zone, but it chugs on X1X.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
We hit 63%!

Mostly from XBox users.

Five more days. It can be done!

By "it" you mean 65%, right?

'Cause I have zero faith we'll hit 100%. This event's always felt to me like one of those carnival games with a prize whose value is far out of proportion to how easy the game seems to be. Like when you're a kid and you go to a carnival or a fair and there's one of those "knock down all these cups with a baseball and win a Super Nintendo!" games. And you're like "This seems easy!" but then it turns out the whole thing's rigged and of course you were never going to win a goddamn SNES from a game with a $1 entrance fee.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
By "it" you mean 65%, right?

9f80c1114f35d3569e6ce380aa62c4e2.jpg

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Summerfall percentage character based? Should I get the achievement on all of my characters, or is one per account sufficient?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Did it on the EU server. Having a slow horse really sucked. But managed it.

Saw a lot of people also doing the same thing. I'm confident we're gonna get it.

Jan 10, 2018
Am I the only one who's not into this "microtransaction look"? People are running around with glowing tattoos, angel wings, hats that are on fire and what not. I think it looks silly and out of place in a series that for the most part has a rather grounded and realistic fantasy design.

Last edited:

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
ESO is on sale on Steam and I want to try a new mmo. Is it worth giving a shot? Do we have an era active guild?

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
ESO is on sale on Steam and I want to try a new mmo. Is it worth giving a shot? Do we have an era active guild?
It's pretty fun and also a very casual MMO mostly focused on single-player content. I jump in and out of the game very often, depending on when new content gets released. No need to subscribe really.

No active Era guild afaik, at least not on PC EU.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Don't let the no-active-guild dissuade you from trying the game. It is very solo-play friendly and you will always meet people in dungeons and you'll end up helping one another.

Even on PS4, there were very few instances where I had a delve to myself. There was always someone coming or going.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty fun and also a very casual MMO mostly focused on single-player content. I jump in and out of the game very often, depending on when new content gets released. No need to subscribe really.

No active Era guild afaik, at least not on PC EU.

How do you deal with crafting reagents? Do you just not pick them up? Currently don't mind subbing since I'm still making my way through everything, but eventually I want to get to the "jump in for content DLC". I just don't know how its even possible to craft gear at that point. I looked at my crafting bag recently and it's ridiculously large.

I said it earlier in the thread, but I recently got into the game. Very much enjoying it. What are you looking for in an MMO? It's a very active game, imo, so basically anything you're looking to do is there. Only thing that hasn't clicked for me is PVP. I'm playing on Xbox and it's honestly just hard to target people sometimes with the controller. It can feel very floaty. I know people love PVP though.

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the responses. I will be playing casually for solo/story for the most part and it seems there is a lfg tool for dungeons if I need it... so gonna try it for sure now.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
How do you deal with crafting reagents? Do you just not pick them up? Currently don't mind subbing since I'm still making my way through everything, but eventually I want to get to the "jump in for content DLC". I just don't know how its even possible to craft gear at that point. I looked at my crafting bag recently and it's ridiculously large.

I said it earlier in the thread, but I recently got into the game. Very much enjoying it. What are you looking for in an MMO? It's a very active game, imo, so basically anything you're looking to do is there. Only thing that hasn't clicked for me is PVP. I'm playing on Xbox and it's honestly just hard to target people sometimes with the controller. It can feel very floaty. I know people love PVP though.
Bag space = 110
Bank space = 240
Horse bags = 60
-----------------------
410 item slots

For me that's enough. You obviously have to make some sacrifices in which items to keep and discard but it's manageable. You could also make alts to use as mules.

Besides that I always fill my crafting bag whenever a free trial period pops up, which can happen once or twice a year.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the responses. I will be playing casually for solo/story for the most part and it seems there is a lfg tool for dungeons if I need it... so gonna try it for sure now.

That's probably the perfect way to play ESO, and basically what I'm doing. Apparently the storytelling in Morrowind and Summerset is much better, but I'm having a good time with the story of the vanilla game. Excited to move on to those.

I use the LFG tool everyday for the daily dungeon and BG. You get a ton of XP and gear from it. Plus the story of dungeons can be neat.

My one recommendation is that if you want to craft things as you go, which isn't really needed since you level pretty quick and will just replace it, get ESO+. If not, make sure to not use auto-loot, and don't pick up reagents. After about an hour or two of playing when I started, my bags were already full with crafting reagents and I wasn't sure if I needed them. It was frustrating to do inventory management after every couple fights. ESO+ gets you a 'craft bag' which is basically a magical bag of holding for all your crafting crap.

Bag space = 110
Bank space = 240
Horse bags = 60
-----------------------
410 item slots

For me that's enough. You obviously have to make some sacrifices in which items to keep and discard but it's manageable. You could also make alts to use as mules.

Besides that I always fill my crafting bag whenever a free trial period pops up, which can happen once or twice a year.

Ah OK. My bag space isn't nearly that big yet. Do you have the mobile banker?

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who's not into this "microtransaction look"? People are running around with glowing tattoos, angel wings, hats that are on fire and what not. I think it looks silly and out of place in a series that for the most part has a rather grounded and realistic fantasy design.
A lot of those are actually rewards for defeating the Trials on Veteran difficulty. I also dont use anything like that and tend to make all my characters have more realistic armors.

Also, I do have a character that can craft armor/weapons in every trait and almost almost every style. Only just got summerset, so I'm still working on the jewelry.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
The angel wings are from the arms of relequen set and the fire helm is a monster set from a dungeon, so not crown crate items. I love the outfit system because you can hide everything and make your character look more grounded, unfortunately not everyone does.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tbh I was kind of hoping we wouldn't get it, just so that it'd look terrible for Zenimax.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
It was mostly me, but I guess I'm willing to admit you all helped get the house too.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
I had no real interest in the housing / furniture side of the game. Now with this gigantic house I'm thinking about getting some shit (maybe with Crowns). Zenimax knows what they're doing...

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys so my gf decided to try this on the xbone and she loves it. Decided to put on a headset and maybe meet other players and as you've already guessed everyone is subhuman trash. N word, f word (the gay slur), you name it. Some other woman made the "mistake" of speaking and it went as bad as you can imagine.

Anyone here up for playing with her? I know I can count on Era peeps to be cool.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
There's a Friday Guild Recruitment thread on Reddit every week. I joined two Guilds that advertised there. Haven't done too much with them yet but they seem nice.

edit: Here's last week's thread. I'm "thefuzzyset" on XBL, but I typically don't use a mic and don't have a chatpad yet to type in game.

Last edited:

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone I spoke to told me this game isnt even worth $10 but now that I'm playing it I'm really loving it.

Feels like the co-op Elder Scrolls I've always wanted and my gf and I are having an absolute joy with it.

Took us 3 months to clear summerset but we never had a dull moment with the quests. Have since moved on to the dlc guilds and the MSQ.

In our latest round of fun we made new characters on the other factions to see their story and she's the cold, overly serious Dark Elf and I'm the lighthearted but perpetually drunk Nord.

We haven't had this much fun in an mmo together in years.

Also, she's flipping out with excitement for that new house!

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just got banned from NW (a F2P MMO) I played on PS4 - https://www.mmorpg.com/neverwinter/...wave-after-hunt-exploit-goes-crazy-1000049892

I'm in a final year of studies right now so I don't really have time for overly complex MMOs and played NW on and off since launch on PS4. I tried TES Online out for a while a few years back and it was decent. Might return now given it's nowhere near as time intensive as say FF14.

If there is one thing I hate in MMOs its DPS queues given the time that is wasted (unless you are BiS). So in NW I rolled healer/support and quite enjoyed it.

What's the current status of healer/support in TES? I know it can be largely a SP experience but if I do any group content or join a guild I'd probably prefer to play or build for support classes.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I just got banned from NW (a F2P MMO) I played on PS4 - https://www.mmorpg.com/neverwinter/...wave-after-hunt-exploit-goes-crazy-1000049892

I'm in a final year of studies right now so I don't really have time for overly complex MMOs and played NW on and off since launch on PS4. I tried TES Online out for a while a few years back and it was decent. Might return now given it's nowhere near as time intensive as say FF14.

If there is one thing I hate in MMOs its DPS queues given the time that is wasted (unless you are BiS). So in NW I rolled healer/support and quite enjoyed it.

What's the current status of healer/support in TES? I know it can be largely a SP experience but if I do any group content or join a guild I'd probably prefer to play or build for support classes.
You can pretty much play any role with any class provided you have unlocked the right skills and have acquired the right gear. Some classes are better suited for certain tasks (e.g. templar is the best healer) but there's nothing stopping other classes from doing the same role. So it's a very versatile system.

ESO is definitely one of the most casual MMO's I've played. I often jump in and out of the game and learning your rotations really isn't that difficult compared to e.g. Final Fantasy XIV. Also the way the level cap works is that you gain diminishing returns. It's not like FFXIV where the difference between 70-80 is absolutely enormous and you have to get into a huge grind to get back to the top level.

As a healer or tank you should be able to find a group fairly quickly.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can pretty much play any role with any class provided you have unlocked the right skills and have acquired the right gear. Some classes are better suited for certain tasks (e.g. templar is the best healer) but there's nothing stopping other classes from doing the same role. So it's a very versatile system.

ESO is definitely one of the most casual MMO's I've played. I often jump in and out of the game and learning your rotations really isn't that difficult compared to e.g. Final Fantasy XIV. Also the way the level cap works is that you gain diminishing returns. It's not like FFXIV where the difference between 70-80 is absolutely enormous and you have to get into a huge grind to get back to the top level.

As a healer or tank you should be able to find a group fairly quickly.

I play on console so the plus side to FF14 is everyone (including PC) being on same servers. Keeps the game populated. I'll assume TES Online is still fairly populated on PS4.

My short spell with TES before was a Khajit Nightblade and I just ran about stealing stuff lol. As I said above though I cba with anything DPS spec in MMOs anymore, support is the way forward for me to enjoy myself.

Jan 10, 2018
So if I was to get into housing and furnishing, how do I best approach it? Do I craft a lot of the stuff or just buy it somehow? I can see that every crafting profession has its own unique furnishing. Currently I don't own many formulae though.

Is it even worthwhile if you don't have lots of money already?

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/housing/ Go nuts.

If you're serious about nicely decorating your house, then yes, it's going to cost you a bit. You can either buy the furnishing from traders (guild or npc) OR learn them yourself so that you can make them in the future if needed. Either way, it's a pretty big gold investment.

The crown store also has some exclusive items that are very good - this you will have to buy with real money, or for gold from crown traders.

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Narrowed things down to going a DragonKnight or a Templar.

Either aiming for an endgame tank or healing if I stick around that long.

I'm assuming for enjoying most of the SP content they've balanced things so every class can solo it all?

Moose

Oct 25, 2017

I'm assuming for enjoying most of the SP content they've balanced things so every class can solo it all?
It's slow as hell to solo PvE content as a tank, but you can accumulate enough skills to swap out and have some DPS equipment.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Personally I run a Templar main setup much like a dodc from neverwinter but with more heals. Served me well enough for solo content and it's great to get into queues.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's slow as hell to solo PvE content as a tank, but you can accumulate enough skills to swap out and have some DPS equipment.

Personally I run a Templar main setup much like a dodc from neverwinter but with more heals. Served me well enough for solo content and it's great to get into queues.

Cool I'll probably go with a Templar then to focus on healing as it's how I ran in NW. Find it slightly less stressful than tanking and a bit more fun.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up adding Summerset to my PC account this weekend since part of me wants to play with add-ons and/or m&kb (plus I wanted to cash in on the Psijic Villa). I would pay a pretty penny if Zeni allowed character transfers between platforms. I 'only' have about 3days /played on my Xbox toon, but the thought of starting from scratch just stinks. Hopefully all this Fortnite cross-progression stuff permeates throughout the industry and I never have to think about stuff like this. Definitely not holding my breath, but stuff like this just makes me indecisive and causes me not to play on either account.