HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
the biggest issue i've always had with the whole trilogy is anyone who's met batman and bruce wayne didn't instantly know because that bale mouth is so distinct.

for some reason it really bothers me when watching.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I've bested a thousand men in hand-to-hand combat and yeah, if you slow down any fight scene the fact that it's choreographed will eventually reveal itself. You could do this to almost any movie and find hilarious gaffes.
No, I'm just goofing on the "I have experience in hand to hand combat" nonsense in the post I was replying to.
Ok good that's what I thought
LOL

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
These movies were never really grounded or realistic, though, they were just darker and less cartoony than most comic book movies that came before them, which lent an air of verisimilitude to them. At the end of the day they were still always movies about a psychotic billionaire dressing up as a bat and using ridiculous fictional technology to fight mythical supervillains whose motives and methods made no sense, and none of that matters because unless you're (editorial you, not you specifically) a killjoy who gets off on trashing inconsequential "plot holes" in films, they were fun and entertaining as hell.
Nolan practically brags about how his Batman films are meant to be realistic, he takes pride in the fact although I never bought it being grounded in reality for reasons some which you explained. If I'm not mistaken, that is the prime reason why these movies didn't kickstart the DCEU and Christian Bale was recast as Ben Affleck as Batman

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
He should've been Officer Drake. It would've been a telegraph to any Batman fan but being a law enforcement version of Tim Drake would've been better than bludgeoning you with his name being Robin.

Well Blake is an amalgamation of the first three Robins more than he is just Tim.

He's a beat cop, like Dick Grayson was in (pre-new 52) Bludhaven
His dad was killed for a gambling debt, like Jason Todd
He figures out Batman's secret on his own and insists he needs help, like Tim Drake

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
y'know what really bugged me

that they showed bruce and selina just chilling at that table

shoulda just been Michael Caine nodding

fucking done
Then everyone would have whined for years about the weird ass ending where Michael Caine just looks at the screen, smiles and nods, and breaks the 4th wall. They'd have called it the ultimate troll.

May 26, 2018
Then everyone would have whined for years about the weird ass ending where Michael Caine just looks at the screen, smiles and nods, and breaks the 4th wall. They'd have called it the ultimate troll.

Better than what we got, honestly. As far as discussions go.

"Did he actually see Bruce?"
"Sure. And we saw a woman's hand on the table too, I bet that was Selina!"
"Or he's just a senile old man having hallucinations."
"Come on, Nolan's not that obtuse--"

May 26, 2018
I mean, i agree, but a guy named Robin is going out at night as a hero named Robin, is just too dumb.

latest