• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Hello and Welcome to the Final Fantasy XVI "Will it show up at the October State of Play?" betting special!

COUNTDOWN TO OCTOBER 2021 STATE OF PLAY: Oct 27, 2021 at 5:00 PM

Background:

On a special day in September of 2020, Yoshi-P and the gods at Creative Business Unit 3 decided to grace us with a glimpse at the next mainline title in the storied Final Fantasy Franchise, Final Fantasy XVI. It gave us look into the new world in the Final Fantasy lore, one that returns the franchise to its High Fantasy roots.

But aside from brief snippets via blogposts and some verbal affirmations from Yoshi-P himself, its almost been over a year since we have seen something substantial from the game. Creatives behind the team have ensured the fans that development is progressing smoothly but we are hungry and want more footage. In blogposts prior we were told to expect new information in 2021 and Yoshi-P has expressed that they will not have anything to show until after TGS 2021. Well, we are past that and now in October and a new State of Play is upon us.

The Bet:

Now there are some of us that are skeptical as to whether we will get some new footage here at this State of Play and many who say that the long national nightmare is over and its XVI's time to shine. So, as fun little community thing, we are doing an avatar bet.

The bet is for the Losing Team to change their avatar to any of these 3 images or create their own clown avatars and use that for the bet for 2 weeks after the State of Play has aired.

The Winning Team will be awarded with a tag. If #TeamReal wins, they will be awarded the "True Believers" tag and if #TeamFake wins, they will be awarded the "The Wise Ones" tag.

Thank You Scotia for the images

The Contestants:

#TeamReal consists of the folks who believe that we will be seeing new XVI footage during the October State of Play, these include:

- modiz

- purseowner

- Xavillin

- Angie

- Mediking

- Ewaan

- Niosai

- Knight_Sami

- Okabe

- pleaseinsertdisctwo

- Cjdamon042

- vestan

- Scotia

- SoulsHunt

- Tornak

- Wispmetas

- Uzupedro

- Moara

- Orion

- Dlanor A. Knox

- Viale

- Carmelozi

- Cerulean_skylark

- Roxoriku

- Munba

- Izanagi89

- DarknessTear

- Sawyer

- Karlinel

- Makoto Yuki

- ravelordnito

- Yuntu

- Chibs

- Eon

- Lusukii

- Gasian

- Chopin the Third

- Listai

- GasProblem

- demu

- PAFenix

- Lukar

- Emerald

- JuanLatino

- brokenswiftie

- Chasing

- KeRaSh

- Killyoh

- MoogleKupoCake

- Elandyll

- Mikch85

- Sargerus

- spman2099

- YonderOne

- Aiqops

- Ryuji

- TaiyakiPlz

- Arcana Wiz

- Lastdancer

- Holmes

- Athrum

- TheZeptagramAmongUs

- Lockheartilly9799

- Nikokuno

- Phendrift

- Instant Vintage

- Pyro

- zhysk

- FirewalkR

- MasterOfNone

- ED Cantu

- Snowfruit

- AlexFlame116

- Thiago

- The Last One

- tiebreaker

- Mankoto

- TheRealMoB

- Jamie

- JEH

- Arti

- Edge_Maverick

- Tetsujin

- EVA UNIT 01

- Riou

- edgehead_sts

- ElNerdo

- SpringBreak

- pyxl_8

- Z6E1Z9O

- BhetjaXIV

- lion9t

- hydrophilic attack

and for #TeamFake, which are the folks that are not expecting any new footage for XVI at the October State of Play, these include:

- Helix

- Slaythe

- Quintus

- asd202

- jacktuar

- Son of Sparda

- Agni Kai

- celes

- HououinKyouma

- Moogle

- Anustart

- Pastel Melon

- PintSizedSlasher

- Tora

- Zero-ELEC

- ozumas

- Kensation

- klauskpm

- for the nguyen

- Chaos Legion

- Zimmiwood

- Boke18

- Ka Cho

- Birds of Paradise

- Mechaplum

- RustyNails

- J-Skee

- Ronghar

- Chocobo Blade

- PC90

- Lucent

- Wonderrade

- The Masked Mufti

- JaseC64

- Wowzors

- Hibiki

- shoemasta

- happydeer

- Ventara

- Zen

- Rowsdower

- Keyouta

- SnazzyNaz

If you wish to partake in this little game of ours, do @ me and whichever team you are on and I'll add you to the list.

Let the games begin!

Last edited:

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
6gf1qej2w3a71.jpg

Banned
Jun 12, 2021
#TeamReal fam......... I will change my username to SamiLovesBleedingEgde if it doesn't show Helix

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NotHappening

They are too focused on marketing end walker right now to dilude that hype or cause any confusion with casuals.

They also said when they show it shortly after you can get it. Plus Kill Chaos simulator will arrive prior to 16 and needs more media coverage too.

Showing it now if it is still 6 to 9 months out would go against their game plan.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I know TeamReal and TeamFake sounds pretty weird but just go with it 🙃

Oct 27, 2017
I'll cast my lot and say #TeamReal... but just a little snippet of info. Maybe a few seconds of in-game cinematics, nothing mindblowing.

Edit: I'm not so sure anymore. I think I won't confirm my entry :/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
again if you wish to join in, do @ as confirmation that you want in.

Munba

Oct 27, 2017
Helix Team real this time (a mini-trailer for a future event at least).

Endwalker is an online-only game after all so in a different 'marketing line' imo.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
This game ain't releasing even next year and no new footage will be shown at this state of play.

Helix

Team fake as fuck.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
#NotHappening

They are too focused on marketing end walker right now to dilude that hype or cause any confusion with casuals.

They also said when they show it shortly after you can get it. Plus Kill Chaos simulator will arrive prior to 16 and needs more media coverage too.

Showing it now if it is still 6 to 9 months out would go against their game plan.

but then why did they say they almost showed it at tgs

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I don't wanna change my avatar to a clown so I'm going with a safe and sure bet.
Helix sign me up for #TeamReal please 😉

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Posted in the other thread too but you can add me on #TeamReal

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
imagine the emotional rollercoaster that would erupt when the CBU3 logo pops and then its just another gameplay trailer for Endwalker.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
imagine the emotional rollercoaster that would erupt when the CBU3 logo pops and then its just another gameplay trailer for Endwalker.
And then the narrator says "The team has also one more thing they want to show" and you get a XVI trailer as the closer with a Summer 2022 at the end.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
We finally a have thread for this. Nice!

Thank you for doing this Helix and thank you Scotia for the beautiful images.

Now, we are my #TeamFake brothers and sisters at. Let's do this!

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The op should have all the points for Real and fake so people can make a decision.

Some people who may not know that Sony updated the FFXVI pages in the background which they have done before on other games just before a State of Play. Something like that could change someone from Fake to Real.