• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Should have been

Team "The Legacy of the crystal has shaped our history for long enough"

and

Team 'The Legacy of the crystal continues to shape our history"

Alovon11

Jan 8, 2021
6gf1qej2w3a71.jpg
Relatable

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
#TeamFake, Helix I have already my avatar so if I get the same but clown style I wouldn't mind because that means we have FFXVI news

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Does it count if it's just a clip shown during a montage?

What if that clip from the montage is just an extended version of a previously shown clip?

How many frames of footage have to be new for it to be considered "new" footage?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Thanks Helix!

Not confident at all, but if it's true that sometimes we got PS site updates for games then featured in PS streams, well, at least there's something to go off. Hopefully.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019

What if that clip from the montage is just an extended version of a previously shown clip?

How many frames of footage have to be new for it to be considered "new" footage?

anything outside of what we have already seen. it has to be brand new footage, even if it's minute long.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Helix Add me to #TeamReal

That clip would still count if it's stuff not seen before (even if it starts with previous footage) I imagine.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
updated the list with that new entrants! this is getting exciting ngl.

not the fact that we are getting new footage but the mere thought of seeing TeamReal with clown avis 🤡

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I gonna go with #TeamReal on this one if anything because the last time i doubted FFXVI would be shown at all it actually happened, and I'm having the same feeling again lol

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
That's rough. It's hard to believe they'll show something from XVI right before Endwalker.

Granted, I don't thik they'll show EW at the SoP. No way we see XVI this year...

B, but I want to believe!

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
I gonna go with #TeamReal on this one if anything because the last time i doubted FFXVI would be shown at all it actually happened, and I'm having the same feeling again lol

since you didn't tag me but have used the hashtag, I have taken the liberty to add you to the roll. let me know if you want out.

Helix can I make the Clown Edit Avatar Thread when #TeamFake loses?

sure! i'd like to have a custom clown avi prepped via the thread. why not lol

Helix I'm on the #TeamFake train.

welcome aboard, we are few in number but we are strong in our belief!

Winners deserve a cool tag tbh.

tags are only for kewl community events and this is probably more of a small light community thing.

gotta say, we do have a shit ton of people joining in on this lol. Transistor is the resident tagsgiver that I know of so i'll throw it over to him

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
so far on roll if my counting is accurate, we have 54 people on #TeamReal and 19 on #TeamFake (AKA the "its not happening" people)

that's a lot of people waiting to be dissapointed.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Hello and Welcome to the Final Fantasy XVI "Will it show up at the October State of Play?" betting special!

Background:

On a special day in September of 2020, Yoshi-P and the gods at Creative Business Unit 3 decided to grace us with a glimpse at the next mainline title in the storied Final Fantasy Franchise, Final Fantasy XVI. It gave us look into the new world in the Final Fantasy lore, one that returns the franchise to its High Fantasy roots.

But aside from brief snippets via blogposts and some verbal affirmations from Yoshi-P himself, its almost been over a year since we have seen something substantial from the game. Creatives behind the team have ensured the fans that development is progressing smoothly but we are hungry and want more footage. In blogposts prior we were told to expect new information in 2021 and Yoshi-P has expressed that they will not have anything to show until after TGS 2021. Well, we are past that and now in October and a new State of Play is upon us.

The Bet:

Now there are some of us that are skeptical as to whether we will get some new footage here at this State of Play and many who say that the long national nightmare is over and its XVI's time to shine. So, as fun little community thing, we are doing an avatar bet.

The bet is for the losing team to change their avatar to any of these 3 images or create their own clown avatars and use that for the bet for 2 weeks after the State of Play has aired.

Thank You Scotia for the images

The Contestants:

#TeamReal consists of the folks who believe that we will be seeing new XVI footage during the October State of Play, these include:

- modiz

- purseowner

- Xavillin

- Angie

- Mediking

- Ewaan

- Niosai

- Knight_Sami

- Okabe

- pleaseinsertdisctwo

- Cjdamon042

- vestan

- Scotia

- SoulsHunt

- Tornak

- Wispmetas

- Uzupedro

- Moara

- Orion

- Dlanor A. Knox

- Viale

- Carmelozi

- Cerulean_skylark

- Roxoriku

- Munba

- Izanagi89

- DarknessTear

- Sawyer

- Karlinel

- Makoto Yuki

- ravelordnito

- Yuntu

- Chibs

- Eon

- Lusukii

- Gasian

- Chopin the Third

- Listai

- GasProblem

- demu

- PAFenix

- Lukar

- Emerald

- JuanLatino

- brokenswiftie

- Chasing

- KeRaSh

- Killyoh

- MoogleKupoCake

- Elandyll

- Mikch85

- Sargerus

- spman2099

- YonderOne

- Aiqops

and for #TeamFake, which are the folks that are not expecting any new footage for XVI at the October State of Play, these include:

- Helix

- Slaythe

- Quintus

- asd202

- jacktuar

- Son of Sparda

- Agni Kai

- celes

- HououinKyouma

- Moogle

- Anustart

- Pastel Melon

- PintSizedSlasher

- Tora

- Zero-ELEC

- ozumas

- Kensation

- klauskpm

- for the nguyen

If you wish to partake in this little game of ours, do @ me and whichever team you are on and I'll add you to the list.

Let the games begin!
Please add me to team Fake, thanks!

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Helix I said I was on team real but forgot to tag you so yeah. Would like to be added thanks!

also yeah this is totally a win win the clown xvi characters look sick LOL